'Controversy' Explained - GameInformer May '12 Issue Details

#1GAM3 OVRPosted 4/10/2012 11:21:46 AM
Original Thread by: Kactusman

I started this thread so people did not have to copy and paste the 343 link into URL bar and the information can be viewed right here on the forums.

People have been making countless threads about the Game Informer (GI) May preview of Halo 4. To put it simply, this is a very early build of Halo 4 and things are still subject to change, and will continue to change even after the game launches, just as Halo 2, 3, ODST (Firefight mode), and Reach evolved over time with title updates. Hopefully this turns into a sticky so the board can stop being flooded with the same type of topics over and over again.

Here is what has been clarified by 343 Industries:

Instant Respawns
The Game Informer article mentioned respawning instantly while playing the new Free-For-All multiplayer mode called Regicide. While that is the case in Free-For-All, it is not in objective based modes according to a post by 343 Industries David Ellis on NeoGAF.

Forerunner Vision
Forerunner Vision was initially billed as an armor ability that lets you see through walls according to the Game Informer article. While not actually saying how it works, 343's Frank O'Connor did rule out a couple of ways the ability could work.

In response to a forum member saying that Forerunner Vision works like the UAV in Call of Duty to let you see where other players are without seeing them, O'Connor said, "Not really. As will become clear. I imagine a competitive player with good situational awareness would try it once and eschew it for something else."
In another post, O'Connor further clarified with, "You cannot use Forerunner Vision to see players anywhere on the map. Absolutely not."
Ellis also chimed in on the mystery ability by saying, "Trust me, you'll understand when you see it. Which might not be soon since we're still locking down the visuals on it."

Random Weapon Spawns
Moving from set weapon spawn points to random drops across the multiplayer map was also raised as a concern by vocal members of the Halo community. "The weapon drops are not 'random'," O'Connor explained. "They are telegraphed and in some ways, predictable. There is variation, however. Map control will still be key, but yes, changed. Custom games will be heavily customizable, and initial playlists will be clean and focused. Players will not be presented with stacks of lists, but there will be variety for different tastes."

Because of an arrangement with Game Informer and some of the components of the game still in development, 343 Industries can't provide all the clarification yet. However, O'Connor previously promised that more information will come soon through podcasts and other outlets.

Hope this helps the community settle down with all the 'OMG HALO IS RUINED' threads and clarifies the GI article.

Cheers!
---
Gamertag: l FiGGiE l
#2coldisgoodPosted 4/10/2012 11:36:24 AM
I'm totally fine with all of that.
What I do want is the ranking system back, not terrible maps, and for it to be as far removed from reach at launch as possible.
---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
#3lderivedxPosted 4/10/2012 11:40:19 AM
This is good.
---
Also, we've already established that your amazing high skill 37 firmly establishes you as bad at Halo. - The Beanster
GT: i derive dx
#4randomperson117Posted 4/10/2012 11:44:19 AM
Honestly, right now all I want is Firefight, Halo 2/3's 1-50 rank system for Competitive playlists, and Reach's EXP rank system for Social, and I'm happy :P
---
LIVE GT: Hero of Time777 PSN ID: CactusPuncher777
Steam ID: TheHeroOfTime777
#5GrimHeroPosted 4/10/2012 11:58:18 AM
Sticky requested. Good info. Link to Kactusman's original thread with the info:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/62500913
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#6bd0g5Posted 4/10/2012 1:33:08 PM
If all those features are in fact just for Regicide, I'm fine with that. I just hope we get our old ranking system back.
---
bd0g5 | The Officail 500+ Team | Beyond the limit
Record number of posts in a topic | boards/918748-pirate-cove/52069490
#7The4thHolePosted 4/10/2012 1:33:23 PM
just bring halo 2 mp to xbla. that's what everyone wants.
---
You can't change the gender of your character to female so therefore no cooking grenades. - DifferentialEquation
XBL: ll Bonestorm ll
#8Nocturne_009Posted 4/10/2012 1:40:36 PM
I just don't like Armor Abilities and perks in the game in general. I hope they put in a good classic mode where you can choose to play classic team slayer, classic lone wolves, classic team snipers, classic big team battle etc.
#9GAM3 OVR(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 11:22:59 AM
Sprint as an armor ability is in by default so that would probably stay true for all gametypes.
---
Gamertag: l FiGGiE l
#10oODecimateOoPosted 4/12/2012 11:29:19 AM
Yeah I bet if they brought back H2 MP it would be the most populated halo title as of now (online) ,because people are tired/don't play that trash reach anymore. lol
God I miss Halo 2 multi...