Jetpack and other AA's should be campaign exclusive

#1BigCatFivePosted 4/11/2012 9:17:07 AM
I can understand developing levels around specific AA, and possibly even different ways to go about the mission for multiple playthroughs, OR even a way to have every armor ability but have a cool down speed similar to Mass Effect.

MP should return to its Halo 2 glory days. There is a reason the franchise is still around, and that is the fans from 2001-04 still love the franchise. All a majority of fans want is the style that make Halo a billion dollar franchise to come back.

Halo 2 + 360 graphics= All we really need... Call me crazy but I loved that physics engine. (Super Bounce included)
#2happypor100prePosted 4/11/2012 9:45:37 AM
Remake Halo 2 with 360 graphics=Yes plz

Turn a future halo games MP into Halo 2 MP= No just no

These are my two cents i like having change from game to game makes it feel like a breath of fresh air.
---
GT-Goldchampion200
#3Spartan_418Posted 4/11/2012 11:09:32 AM

What's the point of a new entry in the series if it's not allowed to add new gameplay features? If you want it to play the same as the old Halo games you should just go back to Halo 3 or Halo 2 PC. 

#4Xfma100Posted 4/11/2012 11:10:50 AM
Spartan_418 posted...
What's the point of a new entry in the series if it's not allowed to add new gameplay features? If you want it to play the same as the old Halo games you should just go back to Halo 3 or Halo 2 PC.

Oh yeah, because AA's are new to the series...
*Looks at Reach*
#5BigCatFive(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 12:26:48 PM(edited)
^^^^
Exactly. We know what armor abilities bring to the table. We know that they did to the series. We want the game that we like, not simply the new one.

And to the guy that said "go back to Halo 3 or Halo 2 PC" can you tell me why Battle Creek just came back? Can you tell me why Big Team Slayer on Blood Gulch is still always voted for in Halo: Reach? Why "Team Slayer" is more popular than "Invasion"? Why did game types like "Head Hunter" fade, and "SWAT", a gametype since Halo 2, has not? Why was there a "No Bloom" playlist?

Oh yeah, it is because a MAJORITY prefer the Halo that was "Game of the Year", not "Biggest disappointment of the year" (not my words. Google it). IMO Halo used to be a "skilled" shooter, AAs bring more of a gimmick than improvements to the franchise.
#6appleturnover87Posted 4/11/2012 12:26:17 PM
One of the reasons Reach sucked was because AAs affected map design too much. They supposedly tried to design the maps with all the AA's in mind, but all that led to was horrible maps, with AA's still ruining them. I don't know why more people didn't complain about the jetpack, it was easily one of the best AA's. It allowed anyone to completely break the intended flow of the map, which is something they either didn't think about or couldn't prevent but put it in anyway. As for armor lock, the reason it was so heavily used is because they buffed the grenades and made a crapton more close quarters areas on most of the maps, probably in an attempt to make armor lock useful. Well that turned out horribly too. Armor abilities (based on Reach) add little to nothing good to multiplayer, and cause a lot of problems. They should be completely scrapped if the devs can't manage to implement them without sacrificing other gameplay elements, which it doesn't look like they can.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#7BigCatFive(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 12:29:06 PM
appleturnover87 posted...
One of the reasons Reach sucked was because AAs affected map design too much. They supposedly tried to design the maps with all the AA's in mind, but all that led to was horrible maps, with AA's still ruining them. I don't know why more people didn't complain about the jetpack, it was easily one of the best AA's. It allowed anyone to completely break the intended flow of the map, which is something they either didn't think about or couldn't prevent but put it in anyway. As for armor lock, the reason it was so heavily used is because they buffed the grenades and made a crapton more close quarters areas on most of the maps, probably in an attempt to make armor lock useful. Well that turned out horribly too. Armor abilities (based on Reach) add little to nothing good to multiplayer, and cause a lot of problems. They should be completely scrapped if the devs can't manage to implement them without sacrificing other gameplay elements, which it doesn't look like they can.

Amen
#8bestatfallinPosted 4/11/2012 1:23:19 PM
Yeah, Halo really needs to take a page from CoD and release the same game 5 times.
---
Ladle to the Grave
#94RK_4NG3LPosted 4/11/2012 1:44:32 PM
bestatfallin posted...
Yeah, Halo really needs to take a page from CoD and release the same game 5 times.

I don't like Call of Duty, but they know what they're doing. Game developers shouldn't try to fix what isn't broken.
---
People on the Xbox forums obsess about fps. People on the Ps3 forums obsess about exclusives. People on the PC forums obsess about graphics. They all suck.
#10treveragePosted 4/11/2012 4:31:49 PM

The thing is, standard halo gameplay (1, 2, 3) is actually good, whereas cod gameplay is casual ****.