4 grenade types in one of the screenshots?

#1darksolgamerPosted 4/14/2012 9:07:42 AM
In the new GI issue in the section for H4 multiplayer, there's a screenshot which shows grenades on the top left. There's frags and plasmas as usual, but there's also a crescent moon shaped symbol and a cross shaped one that looks like a bright star to me. The latter is making me think about flashbang grenades, but what does everyone else think?
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#2HaloODSTDPosted 4/14/2012 9:29:46 AM
:shrugs:

3 was enough in Halo 3, it was a hassle toggling through the frag, sticky, and spiker in the *heat* of battle!
---
Warriors...come out to PLAYYYYAY
GT: Jessica Jung xo
#3Xfma100Posted 4/14/2012 9:46:52 AM
HaloODSTD posted...

3 was enough in Halo 3, it was a hassle toggling through the frag, sticky, and spiker in the *heat* of battle!

They could assign switching to different grenade types with the d-pad now.
I mean, one action/button has to be replaced due to having both sprint and armor abilities available.

So it makes me wonder what the new control scheme will be...
#4darksolgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 9:56:51 AM
HaloODSTD posted...

There were 4 in Halo 3, you're forgetting the flame grenade
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#5IcobaltedgeIPosted 4/14/2012 12:14:10 PM
the flame grenades were rarely if ever used in matchmaking though. Also, on that note, iirc there were never more than two types of grenades on any given map anyway so...yeah, having more than two types of grenades in halo 3 was pretty inconsequential.
---
did, dod, dud, etc...
#6IcobaltedgeIPosted 4/14/2012 12:18:57 PM
Although, I loved the concept of the spike grenades' spikes ricocheting off walls. It allowed for some pretty unique kills, though, it could have possible been implemented better. Hmmm...maybe if the spike grenade wasn't a grenade but a type of "mine" that could be placed on a wall and triggered by motion...idk
---
did, dod, dud, etc...
#7SergioMach5Posted 4/14/2012 2:48:49 PM
I made a topic like this only a few days back, but I welcome any extra grenade types. Reach being a prequel lacked the Spike or incindiary, but I would not mind seeing the two types return. Perhaps a mini-power drain grenade that slows movement and drains energy from your shields?
All will be revealed eventually
---
Delighted True Crime: Hong Kong is back in production as Sleeping Dogs!
#8Xfma100Posted 4/14/2012 2:55:15 PM
SergioMach5 posted...
I made a topic like this only a few days back, but I welcome any extra grenade types. Reach being a prequel lacked the Spike or incindiary, but I would not mind seeing the two types return. Perhaps a mini-power drain grenade that slows movement and drains energy from your shields?
All will be revealed eventually

I don't think a prequel would be the reason those grenades aren't in...

I mean, Master Chief didn't have armor abilities yet they were in Reach...
#9SergioMach5Posted 4/14/2012 3:03:08 PM
Xfma100 posted...
Master Chief didn't have armor abilities yet they were in Reach...

Reach was the military hub of the UNSC, so it had more advanced technology, thats where the origins of Armor Abilities came from. Master Chief did not get the abilities during the trilogy because there was none around on Earth or at the Halo'

or so I have been told, thats the reason they were in Reach and not for the original trilogy.
A similar story with grenades seems unlikely because they were of covenant origin (incindiary and spike were brute creations)
---
Delighted True Crime: Hong Kong is back in production as Sleeping Dogs!
#10Xfma100Posted 4/14/2012 3:04:35 PM
SergioMach5 posted...
Xfma100 posted...
Master Chief didn't have armor abilities yet they were in Reach...

Reach was the military hub of the UNSC, so it had more advanced technology, thats where the origins of Armor Abilities came from. Master Chief did not get the abilities during the trilogy because there was none around on Earth or at the Halo'

or so I have been told, thats the reason they were in Reach and not for the original trilogy.
A similar story with grenades seems unlikely because they were of covenant origin (incindiary and spike were brute creations)

But doesn't Master Chief have armor abilities in Halo 4 when there's no way he could have them?
<_<