So whoes excited for Spartan Ops?

#1zerooo0Posted 4/14/2012 10:18:25 AM
Topic
I dont remember how many players can play togather with it, but me and my buds are ready. Its also awesome that theyre making it like a seperate Campaign, but after the game release. The best part of it is, its FREE DLC. I'll surely miss Firefight, but Spartan Ops sounds awesome.
---
Not changing sig till Star Wars battlefront 3 is announced started 11/27/11
#2Xfma100Posted 4/14/2012 10:26:06 AM
I don't really see it as free DLC, I think it's just the fact that they probably won't have enough time to finish all the Spartan Ops level in time for the game's release.

Also, I hope it doesn't go on for a long period of time such as several months.
While new weekly content is great, Spartan Ops is like the Campaign in that it is a story, and I don't want to have to wati to get the entire experience or see the conclusion months later...

Personally, (I'm going to get flamed for this.) Spartan Ops does kind of resemble Spec Ops from CoD imo. (Basically different from the Campaign but is also a Campaign of it's own. Although it will be different because Spec Ops in CoD relies on certain objectives and doesn't really have a connected story at all.)

I think I will like Spartan Ops, and I think it's just like the Campaign in which up to 4 people can play through it together. While Halo 4 will focus on the Master Chief, Spartan Ops sounds like Reach in which it will be our own personalized Spartans. (Also, Is anyone else hoping they incorpate a way that if you are playing with 4 people, then their spartans will also appear in cutscenes? Oh, and hopefully our Spartans will talk much more than Noble 6.)
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 11:30:15 AM
I respect your opinion. Well at least they whont make you pay for it, like another company would(Capcom) Spartan Ops might resemble, CoD Spec Ops, but we cant say it does until we see gameplay of it. Certainly sounds like CoD Spec Ops though. I take Spartan Ops as a seperate campaign, from the perspective view from the Spartan 4 side of the story. I cant wait for it, it's gonna be hard desciding what to play first, go into campaign, mulitplayer, or spartan ops.
---
#4darren19822000Posted 4/14/2012 1:59:11 PM
is this supost to replace firefight? havent done much reading into this cuz its so far away and dont wanna get over hyped like i did with so many other games.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 2:37:27 PM
darren19822000 posted...
is this supost to replace firefight? havent done much reading into this cuz its so far away and dont wanna get over hyped like i did with so many other games.

Yes. Sadly Firefight whont be in the game.
---
#6SergioMach5Posted 4/14/2012 2:42:35 PM
While I am disappointed that Firefight wont return, I welcome something resembling Battlefields co-op missions. They were a highlight of that game, and I would think that firefight-esque missions are bound to appear (survive waves of enemies)

I do not like the CoD comparison though, Halo is too good to be a CoD game, if I have to pay for it then I wont.

I can see something like infiltrating an enemy stronghold, arming a bomb and escaping on a falcon/hornet for great times, or surviving countless flood swarms perhaps, it sounds great
---
Delighted True Crime: Hong Kong is back in production as Sleeping Dogs!
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 3:08:10 PM
Spartan Ops will be free. Firefight, probably whont make it DLC, but maybe it could make a return in Halo 5.
---