I spoke too soon... It looks pretty good.

#1Nocturne_009Posted 4/17/2012 8:12:21 PM
It looks like 343i knows what they are doing. I watched the BR footage at the end of the Conan segment and saw how it played out. Very good. At least we know now that the movement/jump height bad or too heavy like it was in Reach. Looks like movement is more like Halo 3, so I'm happy about that.

The armor abilities it seems are more balanced, and they did well with the Sprint thing, slow people down a lot when you shoot them. Looks like despite armor abilities, This game will be fairly playable.

Three small things I am still worried about though... The ranking system for one. I hope they go back to the 1-50 thing. Game score... I hope it is still something like to 50 kills instead of scoring it like COD where 1 kill = 100 points >_> And lastly, the instant respawn thing. I've heard that is only for an FFA playlist, but I've also heard it's in slayer too. I hope that won't be a problem, but I'm sure they can balance it.

All in all looking better than I thought. It appears I crapped in my own breakfast and spoke too soon. Looks to me like 343i really know what they're doing.
#2Nocturne_009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 8:14:47 PM
***At least we know the movement and jump height ISN'T AS BAD as it was in Halo Reach***

Sorry... Typo.
#3TheKoolAidShotoPosted 4/17/2012 8:15:21 PM
http://i.minus.com/iV1ixOTawT9hb.gif

I think that no matter how crazy or broken or stupid AAs end up being, they clearly GOT the core feel of Halo down just looking at this gif. The strafe speed, the lack of aim assist/acceleration, the jump height, the BR recoil and hitscan properties. They can ship that in a classic playlists with no AAs or Sprint and I think people will be happy.
---
You know who's sexy? Black Turtle, the 2010 Games Contest Guru Winner, that's who!
#4Nocturne_009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 8:25:13 PM
TheKoolAidShoto posted...
http://i.minus.com/iV1ixOTawT9hb.gif

I think that no matter how crazy or broken or stupid AAs end up being, they clearly GOT the core feel of Halo down just looking at this gif. The strafe speed, the lack of aim assist/acceleration, the jump height, the BR recoil and hitscan properties. They can ship that in a classic playlists with no AAs or Sprint and I think people will be happy.

I'm sure they'll have a few classic playlists for matches without AA's and sprint and stuff, but like I said, even with the AA's in, it could still be lots of fun. I don't think Camo, Jetpacks and Forerunner are going to be that big a deal.
#5xTreefiddy350xPosted 4/17/2012 8:30:22 PM
I agree. Only thing that is bugging me is the ranking system.
#6TheKoolAidShotoPosted 4/17/2012 8:42:23 PM
Yeah, I'm actually pretty interested to see how 343 try and implement some new things into Halo or fix interesting ideas from Reach, it's just nice that they seem to have a great handle on the core of the series to build on(and if all else fails, to dress down for classic playlists). I think a lot of the ideas sound pretty neat, like the sprint stopping power or the new weapon spawn system, and Campaign/Spartan Ops already sounds fantastic.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this game, really! I think it has a lot of promise, and I can't wait to see more of it come E3.
---
You know who's sexy? Black Turtle, the 2010 Games Contest Guru Winner, that's who!
#7Nocturne_009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 8:47:28 PM
xTreefiddy350x posted...

Have they said anything about it?
#8TheKoolAidShotoPosted 4/17/2012 8:48:38 PM
All they have said is that it's been changed from Reach. I'm pretty interested to see how that works as well.
---
#9xTreefiddy350xPosted 4/17/2012 8:51:57 PM
Nocturne_009 posted...
xTreefiddy350x posted...

Have they said anything about it?

No, but with join in progress and Spartan points, I'm assuming it is not going to be as good as H2/3. But we don't know yet, which is why it's bugging me.
#10rdnythesaviorPosted 4/17/2012 9:08:31 PM
TheKoolAidShoto posted...
All they have said is that it's been changed from Reach. I'm pretty interested to see how that works as well.

I kinda liked the idea behind Reach's Level system, just not how it was implemented.
We should have that version and then another.
'ReachRank' for the campaign/firefight/Custom games over XBL.(no user created gametypes) And it would be used to unlock armor for MP.

The second should just be a number rank, kinda like Halo3's

(I haven't gotten around to reading anything about the MP in Halo4, so forgive me if I sound stupid)
---
"I don't want to say 'I Told You So' ...so, Welcome to Miami!"
GT: rodneythesavior