new info about random weapon drops/spawns ect

#1neo_strike3Posted 4/18/2012 9:30:47 AM
sounds like basically they spawn in set locations but when they drop is "random" but gives you a heads up when they come and they give their reasons about it

tells about spawning instantly or waiting almost how long you ever want to. except objective games where you get penalized.

the maps are basically were made around 1 gametype each one has one gametype designed around them but will be playable with all gametypes

and more... long listen

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/post/2012/04/17/343-Sparkast-012-A-Halo-4-Multiplayer-focused-Extravaganza.aspx
#2neo_strike3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 9:44:29 AM
AR- good for short range
BR- mid range
DMR- long range

they just said that one of the AA that didnt make the cut was armor lock, cause it was like hitting pause on gameplay
#3GrimHeroPosted 4/18/2012 10:48:24 AM(edited)
Good info, thanks. Pretty much how I thought they would split up the BR and DMR.
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#4appleturnover87Posted 4/18/2012 11:12:33 AM
Just listened to the whole thing, it kept skipping though so I may have missed some stuff. Glad they clarified the weapon drop thing. It doesn't sound nearly as bad as it did before, but I still think it's stupid that the weapon will be random. That can potentially change the outcome of a close game.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#5500whpSRT4Posted 4/18/2012 11:15:00 AM
appleturnover87 posted...
Just listened to the whole thing, it kept skipping though so I may have missed some stuff. Glad they clarified the weapon drop thing. It doesn't sound nearly as bad as it did before, but I still think it's stupid that the weapon will be random. That can potentially change the outcome of a close game.

but if you are good at map control it really doesnt matter. You can still protect the drop regardless of what is inside..
---
Awaiting: Bioshock Infinite, Halo 4, AC3, Borderlands 2
#6That1GuyyPosted 4/18/2012 11:25:45 AM
They talk about the new weapon spawn system being designed to prevent advantages through map knowledge so as to make match outcomes determined solely by skill, but then they mention how loadouts are specifically designed to give players advantages based on who has what and where they are.

Does not compute.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#7500whpSRT4Posted 4/18/2012 11:32:12 AM
That1Guyy posted...
They talk about the new weapon spawn system being designed to prevent advantages through map knowledge so as to make match outcomes determined solely by skill, but then they mention how loadouts are specifically designed to give players advantages based on who has what and where they are.

Does not compute.

look the fact is you are going to want to control weapon drops no matter what comes from the drop. Since they will be systematically spawning (think king of the hill) players will know where they are but cannot gain an advantage by just camping rockets or sniper all game. It puts people on the move.

As for loadouts, they give players an advantage depending on the way they play the game. If someone likes to stick the boundaries of the map and flank, camo is a smart choice for accomplishing that. That is all 343i is saying....you can pick whatever you want, but if you chose right, you will be rewarded with the way you play.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock Infinite, Halo 4, AC3, Borderlands 2
#8That1GuyyPosted 4/18/2012 11:38:17 AM
I know what they were trying to say. What I'm saying, however, is that the telegraphed weapon spawns specifically removes advantages through better map knowledge, while playstyle specific loadouts gives advantages to players for choosing the right gun in an encounter rather than rewarding the player solely for having more skill than his opponent.

In other words, one decision increased the importance of simply being a better gunman than the other player while the other decision reduces the importance of being a better gunman than the other player.
---
#9That1GuyyPosted 4/18/2012 11:40:54 AM
Also, no one good ever camped weapon spawns. You don't need to camp weapon spawns because with map knowledge (which will now become unnecessary) you know what time the weapon will spawn, so you know how long you can be away from a power weapon spawn before it comes back and you need to go and get it.
---
#10iRGushPosted 4/18/2012 11:42:25 AM
I thought it was going to be say how sniper spawns in balcony in boardwalk and still would at the start of the match but come time to respawn, sniper wouldve been where backwall shotgun or basement rockets would be? Just shuffling the spawns around.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.