Taking out Forge

#1Famine_10f4Posted 4/21/2012 8:31:29 PM

I only say this because I get sick and tired of playing Forged spaces in matchmaking... That and I feel Forge is highly overrated with every single map looking the same.

Until we can manipulate terrain, weather, time of day, have a variety of structures (human/forerunner/covenant), and can play around with nature  I don't want it.

#2_SawyerPosted 4/21/2012 8:46:15 PM
I think you want a map maker.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
#3jakethenoobPosted 4/21/2012 8:51:14 PM
I don't see why they can't put something like what Far Cry has had for years in.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWfBeR4vdys
#4vogelkackePosted 4/22/2012 3:04:20 AM
Famine_10f4 posted...
I only say this because I get sick and tired of playing Forged spaces in matchmaking... That and I feel Forge is highly overrated with every single map looking the same.Until we can manipulate terrain, weather, time of day, have a variety of structures (human/forerunner/covenant), and can play around with nature I don't want it.

now that would be an awesome new feature.
i would actually for the first time mess around with forge.
#5neo_strike3Posted 4/22/2012 3:51:15 AM
forge is good , you can make some pretty good maps or drawings i guess if ur into that. the only complaints is cosmetic features. just cause they dont have different looks doesnt make the map any better or worse

it would be nice yes but isnt it necessary? no and they shouldnt remove it just cause you cant stand seeing the same color. short term fix use the FX orbs
#6URBANLEG3NDPosted 4/22/2012 4:09:33 AM
Famine_10f4 posted...
I only say this because I get sick and tired of playing Forged spaces in matchmaking... That and I feel Forge is highly overrated with every single map looking the same.Until we can manipulate terrain, weather, time of day, have a variety of structures (human/forerunner/covenant), and can play around with nature I don't want it.

Sooo.....don't use it?
---
XBL : WARxXandXxPEACE
PSN: WARxXandXxPEACE
#7MF_BupPosted 4/22/2012 4:24:32 AM
I get what your saying, I started hating Reach's multiplayer because 90% of the maps in the matchmaking cycle were forge world maps, but forge is a fantastic feature and it would be awesome if they improved it to edit the environment too. They just need to keep the forge maps in matchmaking limited, I can hardly remember the other maps in Reach that weren't on forge world.
---
I like MGS4, Halo 3, Gears of War, COD4, Zelda TP and Metroid Prime 3. I think I'm the biggest anomaly in the video game community.
#8zerooo0Posted 4/22/2012 5:51:23 AM
I think they havent added a Far Cry Map Editor similar to it, is because of probably CopyRight issues from Ubisoft Montreal or something like that. I would love for a Far Cry like Map Editor, but Halo Reach Forge is good enough.

Also I just want to point out, that the Multiplayer maps whont be based off of Forged maps. Thats a big + in my book. So that basically warrants me a purchase.
---
Not changing sig till Star Wars battlefront 3 is announced started 11/27/11
#9PurlinnWarclubPosted 4/22/2012 6:30:21 AM
I would have prefered if in Halo Reach, instead of Bungie spending time creating forge, if they spent that time making the single player better, or adding better maps.

Now if the forge editor is as limiting as it is in reach, I really don't care for it. By todays standards we should at the very least be expecting something on par with Far Cry. I mean C'mon, that game came out in 2004.
---
'Then' = a point in time. 'Than' = a comparison of something. You gon' get it right or what son?
#10PraetasticPosted 4/22/2012 7:15:19 AM

I don't see why they can't put something like what Far Cry has had for years in.

Because if the players could actually make decent maps, it would undercut Microsoft's DLC profits. And clearly we can't have that!
---
"I'd never stab you in the back Shepard... Warriors like you and me? Straight to the face."