What is Spartan Ops?

#1Famine_10f4Posted 4/22/2012 8:45:14 PM

So we know that these missions are free DLC, will come out on a weekly bases, and will have the scale of the single player. What I want to know is if these missions will have their own exclusive maps that are not recycled from the single/multiplayer or will it be like Spec Ops where the missions are slightly altered campaign missions.

We know there is a story as well... Cutscenes? Will we get to use our customized Spartans or are we new characters?

THERE ARE SO MANY QUESTIONS!

#2SantaPawsPosted 4/22/2012 9:24:16 PM
-------------WARNING SPECULATION AHEAD!!!---------------
Mostly likely it's weekly challenges that tweaking campaign missions/ firefight with slightly different enemies, or objectives you have to go for in order to get your weekly dose of exp.

It's possible that they could release a new weekly forge mode type map with set objectives, but just don't expect anything huge in the way of new content.
---
"Let's get growing!"
http://www.gardeningmama.com/
#3JohnnyCageMKPosted 4/22/2012 9:29:24 PM
Are they really gonna be free?
#4_SawyerPosted 4/22/2012 10:27:53 PM
JohnnyCageMK posted...
Are they really gonna be free?

Yeah.

@Famine, they said Spartan Ops is supposed to be a weekly Campaign for Spartan IV's, so I'd guess brand new maps since I doubt Spartan IV's have only visited places the Chief has, but it's hard to say given the time constraints for weekly DLC.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me