You know... To the people who say if we don't like the changes then we want the

#1Xfma100Posted 4/29/2012 5:33:59 PM(edited)
game to be more like CoD due to it being the same game over and over again...

Then how do you guys feel about Reach?
It recycled the same maps over and over again.

For example:

Maps from previous Halo games were remade and put into the Campaign.
Almost every Firefight map is ripped straight from the Campaign.
Almost every Multiplayer map is ripped straight from the Campaign or is a Forge World map.

And then I ask you, how do you feel about the Halo series? Which constantly remakes old maps?

But meh...
(Yea, I know, this argument is old around here.)
(Speaking about the changes argument anyways.)
#2_SawyerPosted 4/29/2012 5:50:15 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. What those people don't get is that Halo's gameplay is actually fun (until Reach that is) and CoD's is not. The proof is right there in the history of each series. Halo 1-3 had a huge fanbase and high population for 3 years each. CoD 1-3's MP was hardly a blip on the radar, especially after a few months. What people like about CoD is the constant rewards, whereas Halo's reward was the gameplay itself. Good, long lasting gameplay doesn't need to be changed. But it gets harder and harder to disguise bad gameplay over time, like CoD doesn't with it's constant rewards.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
#3KactusmanPosted 4/29/2012 9:31:55 PM
^ U mad
---
Splendid Isolation GT: ToD Kactus
#4_SawyerPosted 4/29/2012 10:06:21 PM
Do you deny what I said?
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
#5GrimHeroPosted 4/30/2012 5:50:28 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Sawyer on this one.
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#6Tanksblaze01Posted 4/30/2012 7:08:19 AM
_Sawyer posted...
I've said it before and I'll say it again. What those people don't get is that Halo's gameplay is actually fun (until Reach that is) and CoD's is not. The proof is right there in the history of each series. Halo 1-3 had a huge fanbase and high population for 3 years each. CoD 1-3's MP was hardly a blip on the radar, especially after a few months. What people like about CoD is the constant rewards, whereas Halo's reward was the gameplay itself. Good, long lasting gameplay doesn't need to be changed. But it gets harder and harder to disguise bad gameplay over time, like CoD doesn't with it's constant rewards.

this all day everyday
---
The relentless opinion pushing on Gfaqs is priceless
I want a Broly/Gohan Fusion/Potara named Brohan!!!!!!
#7TwinmoldPosted 4/30/2012 10:30:19 AM
Except that Call of Duty is massively popular and Halo: Reach has more online players than Halo 3. Not to mention that Call of Duty's popularity didn't kick off until after Halo 3's release.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#8appleturnover87Posted 4/30/2012 10:38:32 AM
Twinmold posted...
Except that Call of Duty is massively popular and Halo: Reach has more online players than Halo 3. Not to mention that Call of Duty's popularity didn't kick off until after Halo 3's release.

A year and a half old game has more players than a game that came out nearly five years ago??? Wow it must be way better
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#9TwinmoldPosted 4/30/2012 11:11:12 AM
Sorry for dropping facts.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#10Famine_10f4Posted 4/30/2012 11:30:26 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What those people don't get is that Halo's gameplay is actually fun (until Reach that is) and CoD's is not.

Fun is subjective. Explaining why Halo is fun would help.

CoD 1-3's MP was hardly a blip on the radar, especially after a few months.

Until Modern Warfare and Black Ops.

What people like about CoD is the constant rewards,

COD has a number of rewards and sure that leads into why it is fun to play; however, you don't get as many rewards when you suck at the games. Just like Halo and its medals you don't get them unless you are of a certain skill. The only difference is the killstreaks, which is nothing more than a gameplay tool that adds an extra amount of depth, a reward if you feel so inclined to use that word.

I believe Halo 4 will take what it needs from COD while still having the gameplay being the main reward. Even Halo Reach still had the gameplay at the forefront, no one played it for the medals....