mlg pros played halo 4 M.P.

#1RS_VoRtEx_89Posted 4/30/2012 7:11:36 AM
i got the website to read what they thought http://rsgaiming-halo.enjin.com/
#2gtadominatePosted 4/30/2012 8:44:14 AM
Its a link to a website that provides a link to another website that is private......
---
"Do you know what I am saying?"
#3ripin12Posted 4/30/2012 10:23:58 AM
I did the pleasure of signing up

Weapons

The Battle Rifle was confirmed to have no bloom effect (the targeting reticule spreads making the weapon less accurate) but does have a slight recoil when it fires in three-bullet bursts causing slight bullet spread.

The DMR is confirmed to have bloom at this point but it resets "much faster than the DMR in Halo Reach" according to Killa KC. Louis Wu also said that the DMR "sounds SOOO much better" and "seems more powerful." However, it "fires slower than" the same weapon in Halo: Reach.

Both the DMR and Battle Rifle required five shots to get a kill according to Killa KC and Louis Wu called the DMR a "BEAST at range...but much harder to handle up close." Meanwhile, the Battle Rifle is a "pretty fast killer up close, but at any real distance, you'll get beaten by a good DMR."

Other weapons that the two described include the Plasma Pistol which rocked according to Louis Wu and did more damage but with slower shots according to Killa KC. Overcharged shots with the Plasma Pistol will still home in on targets but both confirmed that it doesn't do it as much as Halo: Combat Evolved.

Killa KC was also able to try out the Magnum pistol and said that it was" very similar to Halo Reach" that fired rapidly but that the bloom effect would make it inaccurate.

Loadouts

Players at the event had access to several different loadouts but could not customize them. Switching between loadouts is handled the same as choosing the different armor abilities in Reach by holding down X when you die. Louis Wu confirmed that each loadout comes with a primary weapon, secondary weapon, grenade, armor ability plus two extra slots that hold things like more ammo and quicker regen.

Forerunner Vision/Promethean Vision

Both players also chimed in on the controversial armor ability, Forerunner Vision (or Promethean Vision as they called it).

Louis Wu said:

It DOES let you see through walls (at least a limited number of walls; you can see people sort of near you) - but 1) you don't have very much of it (it runs out really quickly) and 2) it doesn't help you figure out where someone is if the geometry is really complicated. I guess this will become less relevant when we know the maps inside and out. It's really useful when someone dips behind a wall and then tries to fake you out... you can tell where they're going.

It also screws up colors, so if you're in the middle of a multi-person firefight, it adds more confusion than it removes. I'd say used judiciously, it's pretty cool - but as Frank [O'Connor] said, a good player won't really need it.

Killa KC added:

Promethean Vision is the new see-through-walls ability. When you hit it, a wave of heat-mapping goes out across the screen and shows you nearby enemies. It does not show you all the way across the Map, just fairly close proximity. The enemies are also alerted when you do it. It reminded me a bit of Enhanced Vision from Shadowrun, but not as powerful. Offensively, I would ping the vision before entering a room and then charge in knowing which person to pick off first or whether I should not charge in.
---
<RAH>
#4ripin12Posted 4/30/2012 10:24:20 AM
Controls and Sprint

Fans of the game that like different customization options will be happy to hear that there are "a million button layouts" to choose from with Halo 4. By default, sprinting is mapped to the click on the left joystick and croushing is now the B button. Armor Abilities are still the same button as in Reach (left for default, right for southpaw). [Ed. - clarified the button layout for armor abilities]

Killa KC felt that sprinting "felt less clunky than Halo Reach's sprint, but overall was similar. You do run out of sprint in which felt about the same amount of time you'd run out of sprint in Reach."

Ordnance Drops

Louis Wu also shared some information on the new weapon spawning/ordnance drops system but even he is unsure exactly how it works right now. He was prompted to choose from three power weapons to drop on to the map but he isn't sure how he was chosen to be the one to make the drop (kills, points, random, etc). The matches were custom games setup by 343 Industries so there is no telling if this will be true for the final build of Halo 4 yet. Killa KC did not witness any ordnance drops at all. However, 343's David Ellis did say that there are both timed ordnance and personal ordnance drops.
Posted Sun at 4:28 OP Report ReplyQuote
---
<RAH>
#5gtadominatePosted 4/30/2012 10:35:29 AM
^ I like you, thanks man
---
"Do you know what I am saying?"
#6appleturnover87Posted 4/30/2012 10:38:09 AM
ripin12 posted...

Ordnance Drops

Louis Wu also shared some information on the new weapon spawning/ordnance drops system but even he is unsure exactly how it works right now. He was prompted to choose from three power weapons to drop on to the map but he isn't sure how he was chosen to be the one to make the drop (kills, points, random, etc). The matches were custom games setup by 343 Industries so there is no telling if this will be true for the final build of Halo 4 yet. Killa KC did not witness any ordnance drops at all. However, 343's David Ellis did say that there are both timed ordnance and personal ordnance drops.

No... That sounds like a killstreak reward... Why 343...
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#7Uber_Soldat_200Posted 4/30/2012 10:54:57 AM
Sounds pretty interesting i can't wait to play.
#8RS_VoRtEx_89(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 12:46:12 PM
the website isnt private jus sayn anyone can go on it
#9DuwstaiPosted 4/30/2012 1:10:29 PM
I dont like the sound of this at all.
---
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#10BryanPS360Posted 4/30/2012 1:13:21 PM
ripin12 posted...
Controls and Sprint
By default, sprinting is mapped to the click on the left joystick and croushing is now the B button.

Ordnance Drops
However, 343's David Ellis did say that there are both timed ordnance and personal ordnance drops.

>:(
---
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210