So when this game comes out

#1shiftylukePosted 5/6/2012 2:29:11 AM
How many of you are going to buy the legendary package using the excuse "Because I am a true fan" and tell others who dont buy it that the only reason they didnt is because they cant afford it, or aren't a true halo fan?
---
"You guys are weird. I don't take poops or dumps. I leave them right there in the toilet." - Knifegash
#2Xfma100Posted 5/6/2012 3:49:28 AM
I really hope there isn't a legendary package.
I don't really see the point of paying like double the price of the game for just a statue or something similar.
(However, if someone likes collecting things like that, then go ahead. Although I'm pretty sure they could find really good Halo statues online.)

However, the biggest problem I had with it is that it included exclusive DLC.
Now, this wasn't a bad thing because all it was, was a flaming head.
But, this makes me worried now because they could include things such as exclusive perks now...
#3metroidman92Posted 5/7/2012 9:29:16 AM
^ I think there'd be a legal issue with holding gameplay elements for higher paying customers. Even if there's not, the fan backlash would be too much. You think the ME3 DLC caused a s*** storm?

OT: I probably won't get the Leg. Edition. I might not even get the CE. It all depends on what my finances look like in November.
---
I don't need luck. I have ammo.
Need to destroy a civilization fast? Take the Mass Effect route, and hurl a meteor at it!
#4Uber_Soldat_200Posted 5/7/2012 9:53:00 AM
If i buy it it will be because it has some nice items to go with it. I have gotten the legendary for both halo 3 and reach. I do consider my self a true fan but i am not about to bash some one for different opinions on an item and as i said if it has items that i feel are worthy of more of my money then yes i will buy if not well i have already paid off a pre order for a regular copy.
#5JStewVGMPosted 5/7/2012 1:46:17 PM
metroidman92 posted...
^ I think there'd be a legal issue with holding gameplay elements for higher paying customers. Even if there's not, the fan backlash would be too much. You think the ME3 DLC caused a s*** storm?

OT: I probably won't get the Leg. Edition. I might not even get the CE. It all depends on what my finances look like in November.

How in the world could that be a legal issue? Almost every game uses this strategy now...
#6darren19822000Posted 5/7/2012 2:31:18 PM
i think i saw reach's legendary for like 40or 50$. last time i was at the devils store. as for me..it depends on what it comes with, how much it costs, and how early i can start to pay on it. im not into the behind the scenes stuff...but soundtracks are always a good thing...or somehting cool like a fancy bumper sticker or somehtign to show off and ADVERTISE the game more
---
gt darren reefnugs
#7alkahsuPosted 5/7/2012 3:01:02 PM
I've never considered getting anything besides the regular edition for any game. I don't care about anything besides the actual game.
---
99% of my posts are made from my phone so ignore the spelling/grammatical errors.
#8shiftyluke(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 11:31:40 PM
Uber_Soldat_200 posted...
If i buy it it will be because it has some nice items to go with it. I have gotten the legendary for both halo 3 and reach. I do consider my self a true fan but i am not about to bash some one for different opinions on an item and as i said if it has items that i feel are worthy of more of my money then yes i will buy if not well i have already paid off a pre order for a regular copy.

That is actually fair enough. When reach came out, a lot of people who got the legendary edition were all like "You only didnt buy it because you cant afford it" or "Whenever I see someone without the flaming head I know that theyre poor". People seemed to think that everyone wanted the legendary edition despite having no interest in whatever it came with, but only didnt buy it because they couldnt afford it.

I have no problem with people wanting to collect stuff with the game, but when they start hating on others for not doing the same, that's when it becomes a problem.

I personally saw no reason for me to even consider getting the legendary edition for Reach. Considering I didnt get enough time to know or appreciate any of the characters, there is no reason for me to want a statue of them.
---
"You guys are weird. I don't take poops or dumps. I leave them right there in the toilet." - Knifegash
#9UjigumPosted 5/8/2012 5:19:04 AM
if there are exclusive armor permutations or effects then i will buy the legendary edition.

hey im a sucker for that sort of stuff - makes my online character (for a game i am going to devote many hours to) look and feel special
---
recovering skooma addict
#10VoidBeyondPosted 5/9/2012 5:46:47 PM
I'm getting it's highest priced pre-order because I finally have a job and could finally afford to buy it. I won't be mocking people who can't.