343 is just out too make money.

#1Falco4224Posted 5/17/2012 8:19:19 AM
Any ignorant fan or non-fan of Halo that says this is an fool. So 343 takes over Bungie's masterpiece so obviously they just out to make money. Of course, they would love to make money, but isn't that the goal of any game developer. Make a good game = Make money. No, they are doing us a favor. Keeping Halo alive so we can enjoy a couple more new Halo games.

Everyone know how Bungie put so much work into every element of their game. By making detailed scenery and visuals to have orchestrated music. After watching the "First Look" video of Halo 4, I can see that 343 isn't doing it any differently than Bungie would. They are pulling out all the stops to make this game great. They continue at getting orchestrated music, having stellar visuals, adding branching story lines (for us to play) and are making the multiplayer maps from scratch!

Every game developer out there wants to make money, but there are hardly any others putting the effort that would match that shown by Bungie/343 studios.

Call me a 343 kiss ass, I don't care. Rather kiss their's than the makers of Cars 2 for Xbox 360.
---
bip bip
#2_SawyerPosted 5/17/2012 8:44:35 AM
Agreed. If they were just out to make money, they wouldn't be making such god awful decisions.

Rather kiss their's than the makers of Cars 2 for Xbox 360.

Am I the only one that thought that was a weird thing to say?
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
#3Shinobiwolf3Posted 5/17/2012 8:49:01 AM
Falco4224 posted...
Any ignorant fan or non-fan of Halo that says this is an fool. So 343 takes over Bungie's masterpiece so obviously they just out to make money. Of course, they would love to make money, but isn't that the goal of any game developer. Make a good game = Make money. No, they are doing us a favor. Keeping Halo alive so we can enjoy a couple more new Halo games.

Everyone know how Bungie put so much work into every element of their game. By making detailed scenery and visuals to have orchestrated music. After watching the "First Look" video of Halo 4, I can see that 343 isn't doing it any differently than Bungie would. They are pulling out all the stops to make this game great. They continue at getting orchestrated music, having stellar visuals, adding branching story lines (for us to play) and are making the multiplayer maps from scratch!

Every game developer out there wants to make money, but there are hardly any others putting the effort that would match that shown by Bungie/343 studios.

Call me a 343 kiss ass, I don't care. Rather kiss their's than the makers of Cars 2 for Xbox 360.

I couldn't agree more, I know its wierd hearing about all these changes and people are losing hope, but I'm glad to see there are positive people here, I say wait for E3 to make a valid judgement of this game, since we will actually have gameplay there
#4DoukouscarPosted 5/17/2012 8:49:53 AM
_Sawyer posted...
Agreed. If they were just out to make money, they wouldn't be making such god awful decisions.

Rather kiss their's than the makers of Cars 2 for Xbox 360.
Am I the only one that thought that was a weird thing to say?

I agree
I thought that was weird.
---
Don't read this sig.
#5metroidman92Posted 5/17/2012 9:32:59 AM
Thing is, Bungie made Halo because they loved doing it. They did it for the fans, not their wallets. 343 needs to show they plan to follow this as well, or they'll lose fans, and eventually money.
---
I don't need luck. I have ammo.
#6BTzzPosted 5/17/2012 9:36:41 AM
Every game company is out to make money, but game companies take different approaches.

Essentially admitting Call of Duty has surpassed you and trying to emulate it is not where Halo is going to find its success. Rather, as the main alternative to Call of Duty it should strive to be itself. Build upon Reach.

On top of that, there's plain and simple negative things that may not bother you, but add nothing to the game short of increasing profits (theoretically). Online passes, locked LE content being the two for this game so far. I don't even buy online passes as helping games. COD doesn't have them. Why take steps to make the game more accessible if you're just going to ruin it with an online pass?

But more than anything direction matters. Halo going back to its roots isn't the be all end all for how to make a game, but it's what people wanted from a lot of people who worked on CE. I actually had high hopes that with Bungie gone it'd be handled well. I don't know. Bungie's one of the most respected developers out there, so the idea that some people who seem to be doing whatever Microsoft wants them to do are going to make a better game is just...I don't see it happening. We've had 4 halo games at this point, coming up on a 5th. We don't need a worse version of what we've already had.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#7Demon SlicerPosted 5/17/2012 9:41:23 AM
BTzz posted...
Every game company is out to make money, but game companies take different approaches.

Essentially admitting Call of Duty has surpassed you and trying to emulate it is not where Halo is going to find its success. Rather, as the main alternative to Call of Duty it should strive to be itself. Build upon Reach.

I agree, but don't build upon Reach, just pretend it never happened.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#8AtemiscPosted 5/17/2012 12:34:51 PM
Sooo... A company... That makes games and sells them for profit... is just out to make money... Yeah, that's how it works. Otherwise, they wouldn't be a company.
#9metroidman92Posted 5/17/2012 4:16:21 PM
Atemisc posted...
Sooo... A company... That makes games and sells them for profit... is just out to make money... Yeah, that's how it works. Otherwise, they wouldn't be a company.

Bungie makes games for their fans. Same with VALVe. Yes they obviously make a huge profit, but that's just gravy. They make games because they love doing it, and know us fans appreciate it.

Companies like EA and IW are just out to make money.
---
I don't need luck. I have ammo.
#10PurlinnWarclubPosted 5/17/2012 4:21:23 PM
Don't like how 343 are pulling an EA with that online pass bs. Did they not know that kind of thing won EA 'Worst Company In America 2012' ?

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html
---
'Then' = a point in time. 'Than' = a comparison of something. You gon' get it right or what son?