I wish this game was bringing the same hype Halo 3 brought..

#1xiTz_RyaNxPosted 5/20/2012 12:55:19 AM
I remember late nights on this board cracking the sentinel videos and watching the count down timer, analyzing the Halo 3 super bowl commercial like it was bigger than the actual super bowl, the ginormous mural and the website where you could see each part and get an in depth look. It just seems like this has nowhere near the same level of anticipation halo 3 did.
---
I'm not saying in the greatest, I'm just saying that even the greatest aren't as good as me. - GotMyProSocksOn - Gamertag.
#2SniperKill101Posted 5/20/2012 1:00:26 AM
Well, it was a huge game. The first Halo game on the Xbox 360, and it seemed to exceed everyone's expectations in almost every way and really innovate, so all that hype isn't a surprise. It would be really difficult for any game to replicate that.
---
Not changing this signature until dinosaurs are officially announced on Battlefield 3. (Started 9/6/11)
PSN:Sniper_Kill101 GT:SniperKill1013 Steam:Sniper_Kill
#3_SawyerPosted 5/20/2012 1:37:05 AM
It's hard to get hyped up like that after the disappointment that was Reach. Not to mention how Halo 4 is attempting to be CoD; that's also discouraging.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
#4darksolgamerPosted 5/20/2012 7:32:43 AM
I don't think the hype will start building until after E3, but this game isn't going to beat what the Halo 3 hype machine was.
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#5BurningNovaFirePosted 5/20/2012 11:06:04 AM
Eh, we just need to see some more. I'm hyped, but only because I don't really like Reach, and this surly to God...must be better than that. Halo 3 was the first Halo on Next Gen too. I'd say the next console that comes out that has Halo will prolly be about the same. We'll see! It will still be hard to beat Halo 3 hype...
---
My friends call me "hadouken", because I'm a down right fierce. GT: Lt KGB
#6firestain111Posted 5/20/2012 11:29:42 AM
As the release date marches closer and closer, more people will probably want to pick up the game. Although after Halo Reach I kinda got sick of halo games for a bit. And after all, Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy...but the new Xbox that Microsoft will release will probably cost 700 or 900 bucks when it comes out.
#7darksolgamerPosted 5/20/2012 12:05:34 PM
Halo 3 had a perfect storm to generate hype, on the multiplayer side it was the sequel to the most popular game on Xbox Live. As for campaign, Halo 2's cliffhanger ending had fans ready to finish the fight. Not to mention it was before CoD4 arrived and changed the FPS landscape, Halo was still the dominant shooter game.

Halo 4 has almost none of those advantages. It's following up on Reach's poor multiplayer showing, the campaign is the start of a new story arc, and it's going up against Black Ops 2 (which I'm hearing a lot more about from people than Halo 4).

With the Halo fanbase arguing amongst themselves whether it's becoming derivitive of CoD, I'm expecting the game won't sell as well as Reach.
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#8Shinobiwolf3Posted 5/20/2012 12:25:45 PM
darksolgamer posted...
With the Halo fanbase arguing amongst themselves whether it's becoming derivitive of CoD, I'm expecting the game won't sell as well as Reach.

That's mainly because the halo fanbase is horrible compared to the cod fanbase, I mean when you tell someone who is from the cod fanbase that their game sucks they actually defend it, trying to convince that person that it doesn't, as opposed to the halo fanbase, which complains over changes, well according to my experience that is, but anyway I agree that this game won't sell as many copies as blops 2 but in my opinion is because cod is multiplatformed as opposed to halo which is just for xbox, but that's my opinion
#9Kool_Moe_DeePosted 5/20/2012 12:44:23 PM
Shinobiwolf3 posted...
darksolgamer posted...

That's mainly because the halo fanbase is horrible compared to the cod fanbase, I mean when you tell someone who is from the cod fanbase that their game sucks they actually defend it, trying to convince that person that it doesn't, as opposed to the halo fanbase, which complains over changes, well according to my experience that is, but anyway I agree that this game won't sell as many copies as blops 2 but in my opinion is because cod is multiplatformed as opposed to halo which is just for xbox, but that's my opinion

So the halo fanbase is horrible because we aren't sheep?
---
How ya like me now
#10Shinobiwolf3Posted 5/20/2012 12:53:26 PM
Kool_Moe_Dee posted...
Shinobiwolf3 posted...
darksolgamer posted...

So the halo fanbase is horrible because we aren't sheep?

This is exactly what i mean, the fanbase for halo tends to throw blows at each other but whatever I stated my opinion and i will not fight, I'm not saying follow like sheep I mean something else, it would tale to long to explain