I wish this game was bringing the same hype Halo 3 brought..

#21_SawyerPosted 5/20/2012 5:47:18 PM

This is exactly what i mean, the fanbase for halo tends to throw blows at each other but whatever I stated my opinion and i will not fight, I'm not saying follow like sheep I mean something else, it would tale to long to explain

This guy doesn't like to explain anything he says does he?
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
#22zerofinal155Posted 5/20/2012 6:30:09 PM
To be fair most info we have about halo 4 is 343 just talking about it, a couple screens, and some 10 second MP clips. nothing really that deserves hype. once they show campaign footage or a sample MP game then we'll start seeing the amount of hype skyrocket. Also why do developers talk about their game without showing examples, they should know by now half the game community won't comprehend what they're saying and start massive uproar.

343: there's going to be instant respawns in-

forums: How the hell do we play CTF like that! Halo's dead! SCREW YOU 343!!

343: Death match... **** it, its too late, we'll just wait it out.

couple days later...

343: there's customizable weapon loadouts-

forums: Everybody's going to start with sniper rifles!

343: goddamn it
#23ssj5goku2005Posted 5/20/2012 7:18:06 PM
I wish that too...Halo 3 brought MASSIVE hype...but back then CoD wasn't popular and Halo was still king...I don't have anything against CoD like the rest of the board does...but I prefer Halo and wish it was still the popular game...because it seems like Halo 4 is only being hyped by die-hard Halo fans like myself

I remember pre-ordering Halo 3 really early so I had a guaranteed copy on day 1...I don't even remember if I saw any copies on the shelves when I went to pick up my copy...and when Reach came out...I didn't even pre-order, but I was able to get it on day 1 late in the afternoon...and they had a ton of copies on the shelves when I went to get it...it's sad...I'm glad Halo is probably the 2nd most popular series on the 360...but I miss the massive hype Halo 2 and Halo 3 used to bring
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#24airkiller12Posted 5/20/2012 9:42:56 PM
ssj5goku2005 posted...
I wish that too...Halo 3 brought MASSIVE hype...but back then CoD wasn't popular and Halo was still king...I don't have anything against CoD like the rest of the board does...but I prefer Halo and wish it was still the popular game...because it seems like Halo 4 is only being hyped by die-hard Halo fans like myself

I remember pre-ordering Halo 3 really early so I had a guaranteed copy on day 1...I don't even remember if I saw any copies on the shelves when I went to pick up my copy...and when Reach came out...I didn't even pre-order, but I was able to get it on day 1 late in the afternoon...and they had a ton of copies on the shelves when I went to get it...it's sad...I'm glad Halo is probably the 2nd most popular series on the 360...but I miss the massive hype Halo 2 and Halo 3 used to bring

Thing is though 90% of the halo community hates reach. 10% play cod and are going to buy blops 2 with maybe even 50% from the 90% that hates reach. Although i might get hate from this blops 2 might take more skill then halo 4. Cod has been doing their stuff for years so they can make it decent. Halo 4 is going through things that kills franchises for good.
At first i wondered why halo 4 is going to be bad then i saw activision and it made sense..
---
You think your lag is bad? It took Jesus three days to respawn!
#25tekn1quesPosted 5/21/2012 7:48:13 PM
Tanksblaze01 posted...
whats wrong with wanting to play the same halo?

all cod players get to play the same cod right?

This is a perfect example of what this board is going to turn into. Halo 4 vs. COD comments and topics for the next 6 months. Neat.

I am going to attempt to hijack this topic by posing this question: What is the name of the movie that the line in my quote is from? GO!
---
Help yourself to some decent meat on the way out..
#26Ma1iciousGnom3Posted 5/21/2012 8:08:44 PM
Halo 2 hype > Halo 3 hype
#27KirrahePosted 5/21/2012 8:19:51 PM
The problem is the fact that they are making a Halo 4. Halo was awesome. I grew up with it. I was sooooo excited to finish the fight. I spent hundreds of hours with friends in custom games. Then Reach came and they wrapped up the massive universe with a beautiful bow and threw everything at it. They ended the Halo series the way it deserved to end. Wether or not you liked Halo: Reach, when something is amazing and you love it, you also need to let it go. It was a great ride, they ended it with a bang. Now they are gunna make another game and pour their sous into that. It probably wont be as good as Halo was, someone else will probably have to make THE NEXT BIG GAME. That's the fun of it all.

What the other guys here seem to be perturbed over is the fact that CoD is successful. And it does what it does great. They have it perfected. But I don't always want that. When I want that, I'll play that. If I want sneaking and stabbing and tactics, I could go to Splinter Cell or Ghost Recon. When I wanted other styles, they were available. But now the allure of all that CoD success (money) is turning developers off of their own unique style and into CoD wannabes. The truth is, a wannabe is never as good as the real thing. I understand why they are doing it, but they are failing to be CoD and failing to be their style. If you want an example, take Splinter Cell. It used to be a game where it took 45 minutes to complete one small mission and not alert anyone. In the newest one, your goal is to kill everyone you see. That's not a perfect example as it is admittedly a game about a vendetta, but stil it works.

(Short synopsis for those disinclined to read all that)
The fear with Halo 4 isn't necessarily that they are changing Chief's look or changing the music or the jump length... It's that they are trying to conform to a style of gaming that is appealing, but not suitable for EVERY game. Hopefully they do a great job and it stays true to Halo, but I fear it is just a marketing ploy. Halo made the Xbox. Repay the favor by letting it end.
---
In this war we are all citizens of the cosmos and there is no enemy we cannot defeat together. No threat we cannot neutralize. No challenge we cannot overcome.
#28darksolgamerPosted 5/21/2012 9:02:08 PM
Ma1iciousGnom3 posted...
Halo 2 hype > Halo 3 hype

Halo 2 had hype, sure...but Halo 3 had hype levels over 9000, thanks in part to all that advertising and dat GAME FUEL.
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#29kayoticdreamzPosted 5/22/2012 4:11:52 AM
Shinobiwolf3 posted...
darksolgamer posted...
With the Halo fanbase arguing amongst themselves whether it's becoming derivitive of CoD, I'm expecting the game won't sell as well as Reach.

That's mainly because the halo fanbase is horrible compared to the cod fanbase, I mean when you tell someone who is from the cod fanbase that their game sucks they actually defend it, trying to convince that person that it doesn't, as opposed to the halo fanbase, which complains over changes, well according to my experience that is, but anyway I agree that this game won't sell as many copies as blops 2 but in my opinion is because cod is multiplatformed as opposed to halo which is just for xbox, but that's my opinion

any game with online play has a horrible fanbase. the WWE games are the worst though.

Tanksblaze01 posted...
whats wrong with wanting to play the same halo?

all cod players get to play the same cod right?

thats why i dont buy COD new at 60 bucks anymore. heck i only bought one new and that was MW2 and its night vision goggle addition. see unlike most i dont want halo 4 to be halo 1. halo 1 is good but the stuff in halo 2 and 3 are great. and some of the stuff in reach is good. hologram is probably one the single coolest things to enter a FPS ever. see each halo has felt different from the rest so i want halo 4 to feel different from reach. its what makes it a better series. where as COD4 is damn near identical to COD MW3 minus the C-4 Dogs that can go die in a terrible pit in hell from whence they came. along with those damn armored riot shield juggernaughts!!!!

zerofinal155 posted...
To be fair most info we have about halo 4 is 343 just talking about it, a couple screens, and some 10 second MP clips. nothing really that deserves hype. once they show campaign footage or a sample MP game then we'll start seeing the amount of hype skyrocket. Also why do developers talk about their game without showing examples, they should know by now half the game community won't comprehend what they're saying and start massive uproar.

couple days later...

lolol so true.
#30Xfma100Posted 5/23/2012 6:25:31 PM
zerofinal155 posted...

couple days later...

To be fair, that's 343's own fault. They keep releasing only some info and they don't go into detail about it until they see the fans in an uproar.
If they would have just went into detail at the start, a good portion of that uproar would have been gone.
---
Xbox Live GT: Xfullmetal010 :: PSN: Xfma100