Saying that this game is "trying to be like call of duty" is very illogical

#21appleturnover87Posted 5/21/2012 4:24:01 PM
lol
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#22warior55(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 6:25:30 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
People are being insane over this. There's a difference 343 could make it different even if it has a similar formula to CoD.

It's called balancing. One thing that would help make CoD good if it actually had the effort put into making it balanced.

People have got to stop this silly "this game series did it first, the other is garbage." If we want to get technical most CS players say all other shooters are garbage and should burn for ever imitating/etc. anything.

Regardless, my point still stand, give it a chance before dismissing. If it has fast paced gameplay, with ammo drops [Guess you could call them killstreaks but I don't believe that's exactly the same really in the long run], and classes, oh no. It changed up to draw more money.

But if it can provide a balanced, great net-code, excellent paced game. I'm seriously not going to complain if it has references to CoD like gameplay.

In comparison if it does have a bad net code, terrible balance, horribly disastrous game play mechanics [which can be proven upon release] and the like, then I submit the attempt was a terrible idea.

^ I agree with this
---
Wont change this sig until Mirrors Edge gets a sequel.
Started 7/27/11.
#23GrimMTrixXPosted 5/21/2012 7:07:43 PM
i still have yet to see how Halo 4 is anything like COD. and please dont tell me cuz of custom layouts... cuz all shooters should have that and many had it before COD. I wanted halo to have custom layouts since Halo CE on xbox.. which came out before the first call of duty game...
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX -www.glitchytasty.com
www.GrimmTrixX.com
#24_SawyerPosted 5/21/2012 7:12:19 PM
GrimMTrixX posted...
i still have yet to see how Halo 4 is anything like COD. and please dont tell me cuz of custom layouts... cuz all shooters should have that and many had it before COD. I wanted halo to have custom layouts since Halo CE on xbox.. which came out before the first call of duty game...

Custom load outs is one of the only good changes being made. The problem lies not in what features are being added, but why. But if you cant see how Halo 4 is anything like CoD you must know next to nothing about either game because even a blind man can see it.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
#25jakethenoobPosted 5/21/2012 7:30:17 PM
Developers know by now that CoD players wont be thinking "OMG that halo 4 game looks like teh CoDz, im gon' buy it!".

Not really
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWfBeR4vdys
#26kayoticdreamzPosted 5/22/2012 4:23:01 AM(edited)
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
You know what? They'll *probably* still have a traditional (or throw-back) playlist, just with the new maps. Ya know, with all that other stuff being taken out. Maybe not at first, but at least with an update coming down the line.

I'm kinda mad the teabagging with be no more (it's a staple of the series), but mostly ranking is gone. I want ranks...

wait what? no more teabagging? where did you read this???? if thats not in *Facepalm*

i personally say give 343 at least one chance before you nail them to a wall.

EDIT: googled it. realized there will be instant respawns and thus rendering t-bagging useless. i now dissapprove of instant respawns. seriously ruining the t-bag? the classic of multiplayer insult of halo????

im not suspicious of 343
#27Bigtymer113Posted 5/22/2012 3:37:31 PM
It's called balancing. One thing that would help make CoD good if it actually had the effort put into making it balanced.

Define "balancing"

Halo Reach was balanced with bloom because everyone had the same amount of bloom and they could shoot at whatever RoF they wanted to.

That bloom idea was poorly executed and caused Reach to be a horrible experience pre-update.

Halo 1, 2, and 3 were perfectly fine without sprint. I do not think sprint should be in a Halo game. "Don't fix what ain't broken."
---
Slaughterhouse
GT: Swizzy Dangles
#28Xfma100Posted 5/23/2012 6:12:05 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
People are being insane over this. There's a difference 343 could make it different even if it has a similar formula to CoD.

People have got to stop this silly "this game series did it first, the other is garbage." If we want to get technical most CS players say all other shooters are garbage and should burn for ever imitating/etc. anything.

Regardless, my point still stand, give it a chance before dismissing. If it has fast paced gameplay, with ammo drops [Guess you could call them killstreaks but I don't believe that's exactly the same really in the long run], and classes, oh no. It changed up to draw more money.

But if it can provide a balanced, great net-code, excellent paced game. I'm seriously not going to complain if it has references to CoD like gameplay.

In comparison if it does have a bad net code, terrible balance, horribly disastrous game play mechanics [which can be proven upon release] and the like, then I submit the attempt was a terrible idea.

Please tell me how the game could possibly be balanced after hearing about the changes.

Let's take a look at some of the changes:
Creating your own loadout means that no one starts on an even ground. (For example, new players get stuck with AR while older players spawn with BR/DMR/etc.)
Some form of perks. (From what an MLG player has told us, there will be 2 slots where you can have 2 "perks" IIRC. This included a perk that allowed shields to regenerate faster, so again, it's not an even playing field.)
Armor Abilities helped make Reach unbalanced, how will they be balanced in Halo 4? Especially when things like Jetpack are returning.
etc.

That's only some of the changes, so please tell me how you think this game could possibly be balanced?

People aren't complaining about them taking things from CoD, people are complaining because of how much they are taking from CoD, and because they are simply adding these things to draw in some of the CoD fanbase. (Although, the main reason people are complaining is because these changes are not going to benefit the game and overall the changes are making the game one huge unbalanced mess.)

(Note: Not all the changes are bad, [For example: Spartan Ops sounds good] I'm sure Campaign will be great, but Halo is all about the multiplayer, and it's sad to see a once great/balanced multiplayer become bad/unbalanced.)
They are clearly focusing on the Campaign more than multiplayer, when they need to be focusing on both equally or focusing on the multiplayer more than the Campaign.
Sure, some people only play Halo just for the Campaign, but the multiplayer is what keeps people coming back to replay the game, not the singleplayer.

That's just my thoughts though.
---
Xbox Live GT: Xfullmetal010 :: PSN: Xfma100