why so much hate?

#1The_NorwoodPosted 5/22/2012 7:05:34 AM
I don't know too much about Halo 4 yet, but from what I gather people are hating it for the addition of sprint, removal of true skill ranking, and it's "being like COD". Anything else?

I know it's not a Bungie game anymore, so stuff will change no matter what. original plot is over and now we must start anew. But why hate on sprint? Of all the dang things to hate that is the silliest. I understand missing true skill, but what other reason's can you think of to be so negative towards a game that hasn't been played yet?
---
And prey that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's bugger all down here on Earth --Monty Python: The Meaning of Life--
#2Demon SlicerPosted 5/22/2012 8:53:51 AM
Because the game looks like it's going to cater to the casual audience while competitive players are going to be stuck with another terrible Halo game.

Trust me, sprint is the least of people's concerns.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#3PenguinLustPosted 5/22/2012 9:01:20 AM
Don't you know? It's "cool" to hate things that are popular. It's also "cool" to hate change, even though people haven't tried the changes yet. But it's also cool to complain that developers keep things the same and never change anything. Sigh...
---
Gamertag: Penguin Lust
#4LithikinsPosted 5/22/2012 9:55:21 AM
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Penguin+Lust&sg=0

Highest Skill: 1
---
"I quit before I win."
#5LithikinsPosted 5/22/2012 9:55:41 AM
gt: Lithik0r

Bring it bb
---
"I quit before I win."
#6Tanksblaze01Posted 5/22/2012 6:15:55 PM
PenguinLust posted...
Don't you know? It's "cool" to hate things that are popular. It's also "cool" to hate change, even though people haven't tried the changes yet. But it's also cool to complain that developers keep things the same and never change anything. Sigh...

only on Gfaqs
---
The relentless opinion pushing on Gfaqs is funny & priceless
Girls dont T-Bag they Lip Smack!!!
#7bd0g5Posted 5/22/2012 6:55:25 PM
<p>From: PenguinLust | #003
Don't you know? It's "cool" to hate things that are popular. It's also "cool" to hate change, even though people haven't tried the changes yet. But it's also cool to complain that developers keep things the same and never change anything. Sigh...</p>

"Halo Reach won't suck, none of you have tried it yet!"
---
bd0g5 | The Officail 500+ Team | Beyond the limit
Record number of posts in a topic | boards/918748-pirate-cove/52069490
#8jakethenoobPosted 5/22/2012 8:12:56 PM
Lithikins posted...
gt: Lithik0r

Bring it bb

I'm pretty sure no one cares how bad you are, so there's no need to post your GT.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWfBeR4vdys
#9gameslickerPosted 5/22/2012 11:00:14 PM
i think its because of the people who want halo to stay halo, whatever that means. the way i see it, there's a difference between maintaining your identity and refusing to change and i believe reach was a chance for halo to grow as a series. its hate like this that makes me think the halo community is equally as bad as every other video game community.
#10LithikinsPosted 5/22/2012 11:25:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]