predictions on cortana

#1Shinobiwolf3Posted 6/4/2012 11:03:14 AM
Do you think chief is going to finish her, replace her, or maybe someone will update her? Thoughts?
---
I'm smart? Cool, "I think"
#2Wedge110Posted 6/4/2012 11:13:50 AM
I have an odd feeling that she isn't going to see the end of the trilogy.
#3VoidBeyondPosted 6/4/2012 11:15:16 AM
Wedge110 posted...
I have an odd feeling that she isn't going to see the end of the trilogy.

She's going rampant. Sadly, I think the same.
#4Shinobiwolf3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 11:21:42 AM
:( Aww but I like her
---
#5avalanchegeniexPosted 6/4/2012 11:35:40 AM
Wishful thinking incoming....

I think that the Forerunner will "fix" her. Given info we have from the latest novels regarding Forerunner AI, I think that it would be EASILY in their power to "cure" her of her rampancy. I hope they do, as she's my favorite character in the franchise, but it also makes sense.
#6Shinobiwolf3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 11:39:06 AM
avalanchegeniex posted...
Wishful thinking incoming....

I think that the Forerunner will "fix" her. Given info we have from the latest novels regarding Forerunner AI, I think that it would be EASILY in their power to "cure" her of her rampancy. I hope they do, as she's my favorite character in the franchise, but it also makes sense.

You just made me happy haha i sure hope so as she is my favorite character to, I can not wait another day for this game let alone 5 months
---
#7KnickKnack12Posted 6/4/2012 11:44:09 AM
Remember, part of the story is going to be about MC and Corty's relationship. They've been building it up for quite some time now, and it would be a waste to throw it away for no reason.
#8Shinobiwolf3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 11:46:04 AM
KnickKnack12 posted...
Remember, part of the story is going to be about MC and Corty's relationship. They've been building it up for quite some time now, and it would be a waste to throw it away for no reason.

That's true I kinda forgot about that, thanks
---
#9CurtisPosted 6/5/2012 11:35:45 AM
I'd like to see her get some sort of forerunner upgrade. Wouldn't be hard, she just plugs into their network, downloads a bunch of data and is no longer going rampant.
---
Semper Fidelis
XBL GT: RazorWolf417
#10beckdawgPosted 6/5/2012 11:49:45 AM
It's quite obvious some part of the trilogy will be the MC doing something to save her. She's currently the only person we wont be playing that there is any emotional connection to. We don't care about anyone on the infinity yet. So, obviously there is going to have to be something similar to where john goes to save her from gravemind.

As far as her rampancy, I feel like her emotional connection to john will make her some how different to most AI's where are viewed as tools where as john views cortana more like a friend/partner. In most cases in the books, AI's start to feel like humans/forerunners don't care about them and that's one of the things that lead to their rampancy. For example MB wonders why he hasn't heard from the forerunners for 43 years or whatever it was when dealing with gravemind which gravemind uses to help turn him rampant.

Frankly, it seems like it is going to be a major cop out if both cortana and chief doen't die at the end of the trilogy. Frankly, I have always felt like they made a mistake making the games totally about john instead of the spartans as a group. Now they are in a corner where they have to create a replacement or never have john die. Had they done something more like they did in reach with noble they'd be in a better position to progress the story.
---
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. - Bullet Tooth Tony
I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose. - Lester Burnham