So casual means you play the game for fun or what?

#1VoidBeyondPosted 6/19/2012 11:00:13 AM
Explain. If you're a casual player does that mean you're not a leet no scope try hard or what?
#2duckfreekPosted 6/19/2012 11:06:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34RK_4NG3LPosted 6/19/2012 11:07:48 AM
Everyone plays the game for fun. The only ones that use it as an excuse are the bad players.
---
People on the Xbox forums obsess about fps. People on the Ps3 forums obsess about exclusives. People on the PC forums obsess about graphics. They all suck.
#4PharoahPelicanPosted 6/19/2012 11:08:15 AM
Casual = Someone who enjoys the game
Try hard = Someone who says they enjoy the game but complain and moan constantly about it
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#5ken02040608Posted 6/19/2012 11:08:44 AM
pretty much, and also your not playing to acheive something higher than your own satisfaction of completing the game or boredom
---
Spelcheck is for wussies!
#6Scorpion122178Posted 6/19/2012 11:15:11 AM(edited)
Pretty much. Win, lose, they just enjoy shooting off virtual guns.

I'm seeing parallels between Halo and Super Smash Bros actually.

I was a hugh smash fan during its GC years. SSBM at the time had a HUGE competitive circuit for the same reason Halo 2 did(exploits) then after Super Smash Bros Brawl came out for the Wii the community split right down the middle, casuals and competitives. The casuals used to make fun of competitive players with their little inside joke

FOX ONLY, NO ITEMS, Final Destination

In the end Nintendo butt f***** the competitive community(tripping? really?) oh make no mistake the MLG players attempted to adapt but in the end the game ended up being band from MLG because characters like Meta Knight and Dedede broke the balance. Unfortunately Melee had been retired from MLG a few months after the release of brawl.

So us Smash competitive fans where kinda left high and dry in favor of catering to casuals. And now its happening all over again with my favorite FPS series. I'll be honest it f*ing hurts.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Monster Hunter Tri, TESV Skyrim,
#7PharoahPelicanPosted 6/19/2012 11:16:23 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...

I was a hugh smash fan during its GC years. SSBM at the time had a HUGE competitive circuit for the same reason Halo 2 did(exploits) then after Super Smash Bros Brawl came out for the Wii the community split right down the middle, casuals and competitives. The casuals used to make fun of competitive players with their little inside joke

In the end Nintendo butt f***** the competitive community(tripping? really?) oh make no mistake the MLG players attempted to adapt but in the end the game ended up being band from MLG because characters like Meta Knight and Dedede broke the balance. Unfortunately Melee had been retired from MLG a few months after the release of brawl.

So us Smash competitive fans where kinda left high and dry in favor of catering to casuals. And now its happening all over again with my favorite FPS series. I'll be honest it f*ing hurts.

Imagine, someone appealing to their wider audience. It's almost like they're a business or something.
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#8Scorpion122178Posted 6/19/2012 11:22:50 AM(edited)
PharoahPelican posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...

Imagine, someone appealing to their wider audience. It's almost like they're a business or something.

There was no reason to ostracized the competitive players so much, its almost like they resented us for exploiting their game to make it play faster and more technical.

Also I don't see the same level of popularity of Brawl compared to Melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8

for people who don't know how epic that game was
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Monster Hunter Tri, TESV Skyrim,
#9PharoahPelicanPosted 6/19/2012 11:26:54 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...
There was no reason to ostracized the competitive players so much, its almost like they resented us for exploiting their game to make it play faster and more technical.

Also I don't see the same level of popularity of Brawl compared to Melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8

for people who don't know how epic that game was

Oh I'm not saying it worked, Brawl sucked, but not all the stuff added into Halo 4 was anywhere near the same level as Tripping. And for competitive play they can just turn off those new features, where in Brawl tripping couldn't. To be honest I don't remember what the options in Brawl were though, I barely played it. >_> But hell, if the maps don't work for it MLG can even make their OWN with Forge. Adding in new stuff won't hurt when they can just be switched off.

Point being: Halo 4 bringing in innovations =/= what happened in Brawl, but you can't blame a company for trying to appeal to a mass audience instead of a tight knit minority. Though in Brawl's case it bit them in the ass.
---
#10xXxHaVeNPosted 6/19/2012 11:27:49 AM
Though Halo always has, and always will contain game types for everybody. Classic/MLG playlists WILL be in the game. What don't people get about that? >_>
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
Pokemon White FC: 2236-6428-5930