if you have to unlock weapons and perks in Halo 4 , it's not competetive anymore

#1TheScorpion7Posted 7/15/2012 11:50:31 AM
Halo has always been the best at being competitive much like Quake and TimeSplitters just to name a couple.

when i say competitive , i mean that you can only rely solely on your SKILL ... you can only win the game against me if you know how to play the game better than me ( your skill is higher than mine ) .

THAT'S competitiveness , we play the game fairly , what's available to you is available to me... guns are scattered on the map, it's available to the both of us.
here, you use your skill to get to the weapon of your choice , and if the other player got there first .. you just have to make-do with your current weapon you just picked up and use your knowledge with this weapon to overcome him.

Some games that are like this are : Quake , Doom and Unreal Tournament

These are some HARDCORE FPS who stay true to their ground by being competitive which makes them hardcore no doubt.

WITH THAT BEING SAID !

making a game that's pretty much like call of duty AKA no skill needed AKA Unlock weapons and perks to ease your path to victory .. is surely abandoning the hardcore/competitive department .

if Halo 4 is going to have this feature of unlocking weapons and perks , then i sadly have to say that Halo Reach is the last halo to be competitive , and that might be the fall of the halo franchise.

I Hope that i'm wrong about the feature of unlocking weapons and perks in Halo 4 .... we're just going to have to wait and see.

so what do you guys think ?
#2KrazyLegz12Posted 7/15/2012 11:54:21 AM
Then play gametypes that cater to your playing style. If i'm not mistaken, there will be gametypes that play exactly like Halo is supposed to be played, with set weapon spawns and no killstreaks.
---
KrazyLegz has once again arisen from the ashes of death.
#3Black_Ops___Posted 7/15/2012 12:43:55 PM(edited)
bungie had it right with halo 2, the matchmaking was awesome and the rank system worked well.

i cancelled my pre-order of halo 4, im going to wait and see how the game is and how much extra stuff they jam into the game.
#4InYourWalls1Posted 7/15/2012 1:02:58 PM
On the plus side, AR start games will cease to be a problem.
---
GT: X F4ktoR
#5PharoahPelicanPosted 7/15/2012 1:15:42 PM
TheScorpion7 posted...
making a game that's pretty much like call of duty AKA no skill needed AKA Unlock weapons and perks to ease your path to victory

Class creation in Call of Duty isn't the only thing to the gameplay, at all.
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#6420Gamer4LifePosted 7/15/2012 1:33:21 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
TheScorpion7 posted...
making a game that's pretty much like call of duty AKA no skill needed AKA Unlock weapons and perks to ease your path to victory

No but bungie and 343 are doing is because COD has been successful with it.
---
LIVE TheSativaGamer
PSN TheTHCGamer
#7TPZmikezPosted 7/15/2012 1:33:36 PM
I completely agree with all your points, however you should type it out in a better style so that people take you more seriously.
---
You down with O.P.P?
People that answered correctly: 37
#8PharoahPelicanPosted 7/15/2012 1:34:22 PM
420Gamer4Life posted...
PharoahPelican posted...
TheScorpion7 posted...

No but bungie and 343 are doing is because COD has been successful with it.

So? That still won't make it CoD because, like I said, CoD gameplay is not just class creation.
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#9Demon SlicerPosted 7/15/2012 1:37:27 PM
TheScorpion7 posted...
Halo has always been the best at being competitive much like Quake and TimeSplitters just to name a couple.

when i say competitive , i mean that you can only rely solely on your SKILL ... you can only win the game against me if you know how to play the game better than me ( your skill is higher than mine ) .

THAT'S competitiveness , we play the game fairly , what's available to you is available to me... guns are scattered on the map, it's available to the both of us.
here, you use your skill to get to the weapon of your choice , and if the other player got there first .. you just have to make-do with your current weapon you just picked up and use your knowledge with this weapon to overcome him.

Some games that are like this are : Quake , Doom and Unreal Tournament

These are some HARDCORE FPS who stay true to their ground by being competitive which makes them hardcore no doubt.

WITH THAT BEING SAID !

making a game that's pretty much like call of duty AKA no skill needed AKA Unlock weapons and perks to ease your path to victory .. is surely abandoning the hardcore/competitive department .

if Halo 4 is going to have this feature of unlocking weapons and perks , then i sadly have to say that Halo Reach is the last halo to be competitive , and that might be the fall of the halo franchise.

I Hope that i'm wrong about the feature of unlocking weapons and perks in Halo 4 .... we're just going to have to wait and see.

so what do you guys think ?

I think you meant to type Halo 3 right there.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#10Pacman2dxPosted 7/15/2012 2:19:18 PM
Kinda irrelevant considering that no matter what weapon you choose for your loadout .. you still have to better than the person at the other end of your gun. Skill still plays a major factor in this game.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
In these promises broken, deep below .. each word gets lost in the echo.