"An Ancient Evil Awakens"

#1Ajd_KingPosted 7/19/2012 12:20:21 AM
I just saw the trailer, and haven't really been following this. Any ideas what it is?
---
Head Assassin of the Fourth Empire.
#2RethalwolfPosted 7/19/2012 12:22:01 AM
Eh some think the Didact, others are of other schools of thought but I believe that is the head theory.
I have no idea because I've never read the lore. Reclaimer, forerunner, Promethean, etc... all the same to me.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#3blorfenburgerPosted 7/19/2012 12:22:59 AM
Didact
---
I realleigh dont like EIGH
#4VoidBeyondPosted 7/19/2012 12:37:12 AM
Almost positive it is the Didact. Go rent Halo CEA and watch the last terminal. 343 Guilty Spark hints toward him quite greatly.
---
GT: Dethrow2112 PSN: DuodecimKnight
#5Veggie15Posted 7/19/2012 12:48:38 AM
Might want to do some google searching to get more information on Didact, incase you're not informed.

They used his icon/symbol a few times in the trailer as well.
---
What the ****
#6PinchekriaPosted 7/19/2012 3:29:43 AM
Didact. His symbol is being used in the previews and was also used in a Halo CEA terminal where Guilty Spark talked about him and the Prometheans. Haven't read the books so I don't know what would make him evil other than what was said in the terminals.

"Without the Librarian to temper his rage", also IIRC in the Halo 3 terminals it's explained how she was ultimately killed when the Didact was forced to activate the rings due to the invading Flood (Also talk about a Forerunner A.I. who betrayed the forerunners and was used by a Gravemind). Did I get any of this right?
#7meltor13Posted 7/19/2012 7:55:11 AM
I have a really hard time believing it is the Didact.

There is no logical reason why he would be 'an ancient evil'. Ancient, yes....Evil, no.

Plus, isn't the Didact's symbol in the trailers being shown upside down?
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#8PharoahPelicanPosted 7/19/2012 8:04:36 AM
Pinchekria posted...
Didact. His symbol is being used in the previews and was also used in a Halo CEA terminal where Guilty Spark talked about him and the Prometheans. Haven't read the books so I don't know what would make him evil other than what was said in the terminals.

"Without the Librarian to temper his rage", also IIRC in the Halo 3 terminals it's explained how she was ultimately killed when the Didact was forced to activate the rings due to the invading Flood (Also talk about a Forerunner A.I. who betrayed the forerunners and was used by a Gravemind). Did I get any of this right?

Yeah but at the end of Primordium they found the Librarian.

I'm almost positive it's a Precursor. All the stuff in the Forerunner trilogy points to Forerunners not really being good and not really being evil. Kind of like Humans. But the Precursors haven't done anything good since they made Humans and Forerunners.

Didact is my second guess, with the Master Builder coming in third.
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#9ExtraspectrePosted 7/19/2012 8:35:40 AM
http://archive.sonichu.com/cwcipedia/images/thumb/e/e4/SchuComic2P3.jpg/512px-SchuComic2P3.jpg

Anchuent prophecy?
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#10Bendu_OloPosted 7/21/2012 10:19:32 PM
Didact or Mendicant Bias, which is a rampant Forerunner AI that was controlled by the Flood.

The answer is most likely in the new Forerunner books.
---
The original Elder Scrolls Hero