The other question of the ages: Needle Rifle or Carbine?

#1PharoahPelicanPosted 7/19/2012 8:25:54 PM
Go.
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#2InYourWalls1Posted 7/19/2012 8:36:01 PM
Not really a question for the ages...carbine actually had some use since it had such a high rate of fire, needle rifle is completely outclassed by the DMR and is only useful in AR start games when you can't find a DMR.
---
GT: X F4ktoR
#3SrgtStalkerPosted 7/19/2012 8:57:13 PM
InYourWalls1 posted...
Not really a question for the ages...carbine actually had some use since it had such a high rate of fire, needle rifle is completely outclassed by the DMR and is only useful in AR start games when you can't find a DMR.

Kinda agree with him even though I like the needle rifle.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#4GotThat415SwagPosted 7/19/2012 9:13:02 PM
NR is only useful in ZB; in vanilla slayer the AR kills faster.
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#5InYourWalls1Posted 7/19/2012 9:28:33 PM

Is it even useful in that? I would think it would just make the difference between it and the DMR even more apparent since now the DMR has a really high ROF unrestrained by bloom and kills two shots faster
---
#6GotThat415SwagPosted 7/19/2012 10:12:41 PM
InYourWalls1 posted...

Is it even useful in that? I would think it would just make the difference between it and the DMR even more apparent since now the DMR has a really high ROF unrestrained by bloom and kills two shots faster

You're right, it's useless in ZB. Not so in Super Slayer, however.
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#7Vado_UNPosted 7/19/2012 10:23:06 PM
needle rifle is completely outclassed by the DMR and is only useful in AR start games when you can't find a DMR.

lol no.
---
"Heads start boppin' like who's this? Vado, that dude spits/
Sharper than steak knives from Ruth's Chris" - Vado
#8InYourWalls1Posted 7/19/2012 10:27:18 PM
needle rifle is completely outclassed by the DMR and is only useful in AR start games when you can't find a DMR.

lol no.

lol yes. It kills way slower. The only way it'd beat a DMR is if the person using the DMR is completely inept.
---
#9Kropis12Posted 7/19/2012 11:11:42 PM
NR is cooler than the carbine in my opinion. Sure its outclassed by the DMR, but it is satisfying to kill someone leaving a giant needle sticking through their face.
#10That1GuyyPosted 7/19/2012 11:19:05 PM
The Needle Rifle fires faster and can kill an unshielded full health player in the same number of shots as the DMR, both to the head and the body. This makes it a better weapon as an immediate follow up to an instant shield break attack.

However, that is the Needle Rifle's only strength. The NR deals the lowest health damage of any weapon in the game. While the DMR is capable of killing injured opponents in one or two shots to the body based on remaining health, the NR will always require three shots unless the player has so little health that he doesn't have any bars left (but is still alive). Which means if your follow up to the shield breaker takes long enough for your first one or two landed needles to shatter, the required body shots will reset to three to supercombine a player. You will also have dealt so little damage that if a teammate with a DMR comes upon the enemy, your teammate will have to put three body shots himself to kill the other player.

Additionally, the NR's faster rate of fire is not significant enough offset the additional two shots required to the shield, which means the DMR actually kills faster than the NR when attacking a full strength opponent. And this is ignoring the increased level of difficulty of landing two additional shots on a strafing opponent.

The NR also has a lower zoom magnification and deals significantly less vehicle damage than the DMR, making it an unwise choice over the DMR in Big Team Battle or post-first-phase Invasion.

Plus, the DMR is more common on most maps (and in other player's hands), so you'll be more likely to have no ammo with it than with the DMR.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.