Unlocking weapons and loadouts?

#1ExtraspectrePosted 7/25/2012 6:52:16 AM
Have to say that is the worst thing I've heard about the game thus far and kinda puts a damper on my enthusiasm.

How bad is it? How many guns are there to unlock? Are higher level people just going to be able to wipe the floor with noobs? Are there still lots of Map pickup weapons as usual?

Are people going to be able to spawn with a sniper or whatever? Honestly I can't think of how this is going to work with Halo's pre-existing multiplayer structure where everyone started equally capable(battle rifle/drms)
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#2tubb311Posted 7/25/2012 7:02:59 AM
there's no power weapons available for custom loadouts.

The unlocking of weapons is only for your custom loadouts. every map/gametype will have default loadouts to choose from. so, if you have not unlocked a certain weapon that you might prefer(BR, DMR, Carbine, etc..), you will still be able to choose it from the default loadouts. people who have been playing longer shouldn't have an unfair advantage(in theory).
#3PredskullPosted 7/25/2012 7:07:55 AM
I think they said that abilities, weapons, mods, grenades, ect. that effect gameplay will be the first things you unlock and the later on stuff will be aesthetics like armor, armor skins, weapon skins, emblems, ect.
#4tubb311Posted 7/25/2012 7:19:17 AM
Predskull posted...
I think they said that abilities, weapons, mods, grenades, ect. that effect gameplay will be the first things you unlock and the later on stuff will be aesthetics like armor, armor skins, weapon skins, emblems, ect.

Armor and loadout options unlock using two different systems. Armor is unlocked based on your rank(no purchase necesssary, batteries not included). loadout options are purchased w/ spartan points.
#5PredskullPosted 7/25/2012 7:24:46 AM
I just hope you don't need to be the equivalent to an inheritor or other ridiculous high rank to unlock something for use. That would be the biggest **** move.
#6tubb311Posted 7/25/2012 10:29:20 AM
agreed, but there should be something special for those that make it to the highest level.
#7GreatBioticWindPosted 7/25/2012 10:41:22 AM
So far from what we've seen, you can unlock a BR, DMR, AR, Carbine, and Storm Rifle for loadouts, and those all seem to be fairly balanced(I say "fairly" because the precision weapons are still better like previous Halos). There might be more to come, but it's been confirmed we wont be seeing any power weapons, so I don't think it will be TOO bad. And yes, there is still plenty of weapon drops around the map.

As for unlocking, I think loadout weapons will all be unlocked fairly early and latter ranks will just unlock versions that have camo, but that's just pure speculation.
#8fineline122Posted 7/25/2012 1:23:01 PM
You have to unlock AR? Who thinks up this ****?
#9ThirtyThr33Posted 7/25/2012 1:44:53 PM
tubb311 posted...
agreed, but there should be something special for those that make it to the highest level.

No, there really shouldn't. That's bull****. Nobody should be expected to spend 12 hours a day every day for a year grinding at credits to be able to use all the weapons/abilities in the game, especially when Halo was one of the few remaining games (before this one, that is) where everyone started off on equal terms and the only thing being put into question was teamwork and skill.
---
Saving the whales-an agenda for some. Nuking them sits well with me.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#10fineline122Posted 7/25/2012 2:07:01 PM
So once we've unlocked BR, we'll be able to choose it in a loadout every match? If this is true for Team Slayer then I have high hopes for this game.