Do you keep Power Weapons for yourself, or not?

#1KnickKnack12Posted 8/12/2012 1:43:01 PM
I'm not implying that its wrong to hog the PW's, (far from it, we've all had a match go bad when some 12 year old gets a trip betrayal with a rocket launcher that is instantly picked up and put to good use by the enemy), but I'd like to know what your habits are concerning them.

For example, I'm a poor sniper, so if I come across the SR I'll hand it off to the next person I see. The Shotty on the other hand, is a waepon I put to VERY good use, so good luck getting a trade on that!
---
"I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake!" -Pinkie Pie
#2appleturnover87Posted 8/12/2012 1:45:40 PM
If my shot is off or I'm just wasting shots in the sniper because I'm burnt out for the night I'll give it to a friend who wants it or let them get it. Other than that, why would I pass up a power weapon?
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#3vice_dragonPosted 8/12/2012 2:27:35 PM
I don't so much as hog power weapons as I do guard them. By camping next to the sniper with shotgun/rockets untill a team player picks them up, or I'm out of one weapon then pick it up my self.
---
How much mud could a mudcrab crab if a mudcrab could crab mud?
#4iRGushPosted 8/12/2012 2:45:19 PM
If i'm not in a party, I'll keep them.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#5SterlingFoxPosted 8/12/2012 3:55:16 PM
I'll take power weapons I'm not good with only so that the enemy doesn't take them. I'm good with everything but the sniper rifle, so I'll usually tell people that I've got it and to come find me if they want it.

I take vehicles like wraiths and tanks for the same reason.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#6MrStyPosted 8/12/2012 4:31:03 PM
I juggle a DMR, sniper, and rocket launcher everywhere I go. My teammates don't deserve them.
---
I know your roomie is supposedly in MLG and supposedly has a g/f who is supposedly a fox. I have no patience for bestiality... - Krazylegz
#7happypor100prePosted 8/12/2012 7:02:00 PM
if i see that someone is better than me using x or y weapon i will gladly hand it over.
---
GT-Goldchampion200
#8RethalwolfPosted 8/12/2012 9:59:28 PM
I hog the enemy's power weapons when I can, but I never carry more than one power weapon at a time. Since I'm overall pretty good with any weapon worthy of being picked up, it ends up switching a lot until I can nab a SR.

I try to guard the weapons, too. And if I'm playing with anyone I can chat with, I'll give them updates on weapon positions and such. If my entire team has power weapons instead of two people with two each, we get more use out of every weapon. And if they suck, well... ='( I cry and wish I had asked someone here to play with. Damn those randoms.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#9infamous888Posted 8/13/2012 1:51:41 AM
I pass up every power weapon I find, save for the Shotgun, (Which I wouldn't call a power weapon,) Grenade Launcher, and either heavy weapon, Plasma Cannon or Machine Gun Turret.
I'm thinking that will change with Halo 4, because the Sticky Launcher and Rail Gun look like I'd be able to use them well.
---
My sig WILL NOT change until RvB has an Agent Michigan. Followers: 3.
#10mudkip72Posted 8/13/2012 2:03:40 AM
I will sometimes offer the Sniper Rifle up to a teammate, since generally I'll end up wasting the ammo if my targets aren't almost stationary.