No Rankings = Game Will Flop Part. 2

#11metroidman92Posted 9/6/2012 8:54:38 AM
GrownmanJ posted...
metroidman92 posted...
Because a digital number and an insignia will matter irl.

Which is why this is a video game and not rl. Troll harder...

That's what passes for trolling these days? Wow. If you want to pretend an imaginary number matters at all, be my guest. I won't tell you what to do with your $60.
---
If you're good at anticipating the human mind, it leaves nothing to chance.
#12Seto_RyuPosted 9/6/2012 9:06:09 AM
I've never considered online rank to mean much in most Halo games. Reach just made it more difficult to care. I often go a month at a time not playing to pick it back up for a few nights when I get a Halo game. Too much changes during those times to just care.
#13plasmaraptor92Posted 9/6/2012 9:21:01 AM
GrownmanJ posted...
I agree with those who believe Halo 4 will take a nose dive just like Reach because the game will be too casual, with no goals or accomplishments to play for. Yes, people play for fun. But what keeps people playing, is knowing that you can be considered one of the best by working hard towards that rank.

Dont leave this out 343!

Because a digital number or rank matters,

They really do not matter.
#14GrownmanJ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 9:21:34 AM
Seto_Ryu posted...
I've never considered online rank to mean much in most Halo games. Reach just made it more difficult to care. I often go a month at a time not playing to pick it back up for a few nights when I get a Halo game. Too much changes during those times to just care.

Which is what will happen with Halo 4 if there is no legit ranking system that serves a purpose. People will only play when they get that 'high' to play Halo and not consistently play because they are trying to accomplish a goal. Therefore in return, that would make players better, along with making it more competitve, and ultimately boosting the replay value.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#15Xfma100Posted 9/6/2012 9:23:08 AM
faxmachne posted...
except I still play reach as do my friends and there is more games on reach than there are on Halo 3

Why is there so much hate on reach?

What playlists do you play most in Reach?
#16VoidBeyondPosted 9/6/2012 9:26:11 AM
For the fifty thousandth time. There will be a ranking system SIMILAR to the 1 - 50 along with the Reach like cR system. Christ, you people need to read about it more before assuming.
---
GT: Dethrow2112 PSN: DuodecimKnight
Currently awaiting: Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3, Final Fantasy Versus 13, The Last of Us, and Dead Space 3.
#17GrownmanJ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 9:29:54 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
For the fifty thousandth time. There will be a ranking system SIMILAR to the 1 - 50 along with the Reach like cR system. Christ, you people need to read about it more before assuming.

We've established that. However, its not guaranteed what they will do. We dont want a secretly skill system where the game puts you with people who might be better or as good as you. There needs to be a form of achievement or goal thats 'in-game' letting everyone know that we have accomplished it. Not just by playing alot, gaining mass credits aka prestiging over and over in call of duty.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#18VoidBeyondPosted 9/6/2012 9:36:31 AM
Well, you get Mark VI armor for beating the game on Legendary, so I'm sure we get certain armor's unlocked as we progress. There wasn't much of a goal of gaining ranks in 3 other than getting the armor's in the early ranks. Don't see why it is /needed/ now. And it has also been said that you can see your skill tree and cR tree. Though it has not been said if you can see other peoples.
---
GT: Dethrow2112 PSN: DuodecimKnight
Currently awaiting: Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3, Final Fantasy Versus 13, The Last of Us, and Dead Space 3.
#19GrownmanJ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 10:11:31 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
Well, you get Mark VI armor for beating the game on Legendary, so I'm sure we get certain armor's unlocked as we progress. There wasn't much of a goal of gaining ranks in 3 other than getting the armor's in the early ranks. Don't see why it is /needed/ now. And it has also been said that you can see your skill tree and cR tree. Though it has not been said if you can see other peoples.

Gaining those cosmetic perks are good in the beginning, but once you unlock all of them and you see others with the same gear on then what. There has to be something worth playing for continuously. The 1-50 rank provided that, knowing that you could derank kept everyone on their toes and the gameplay was much better. It wasnt very noob friendly, but it kept you coming back for more.
---
#20metroidman92Posted 9/6/2012 10:35:55 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
Well, you get Mark VI armor for beating the game on Legendary, so I'm sure we get certain armor's unlocked as we progress.

Sauce? I never heard of that.
---
If you're good at anticipating the human mind, it leaves nothing to chance.