what this game truly needs

#1rotevilnemisisPosted 9/27/2012 6:15:23 PM
Get rid of private chats and bring back being able to hear the other team. Not only can you get into the opponents head and throw them off their game but its also funny sometimes hearing them. Now this may just be nostalgia from halo 2 but still
---
only the great ones return
#2PharoahPelicanPosted 9/27/2012 6:21:23 PM
My friend and I used to pick out a random person on the other team and when the screen went black right before the game started we'd say "_____ likes the *insert GameFAQs friendly word for male organ here*" or something. Most of the time that person did horribly.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#3rotevilnemisis(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 6:24:45 PM
Lol . I too remember just picking out someone with a really weird name and just harassing them until they got so flustered. Or for instance being on lockout under the sniper tower screaming come down that hole and the other team.screaming come up the ramp first. Just funny stuff
---
#4nathninteyonePosted 9/27/2012 6:53:29 PM
I agree, i despise private chat. killed off one of the best parts of online gaming for me. Miss going into a halo 3 lobby or a cod4 lobby and hearing everyone talking.
---
#5metroidman92Posted 9/27/2012 9:29:01 PM
I disagree. My and one of my old friends hop into party chat all the time in MM, just so we don't have to hear the gamechat BS. That and we'll go off and talk about random stuff, and I'm sure nobody in-game wants to hear that.
---
If you're good at anticipating the human mind, it leaves nothing to chance.
#6Zebra_of_KOTORPosted 9/27/2012 9:46:17 PM
Guys like you TC are the reason I stay in party chats, the random d***s being d***s and the f***ing kids with there high voices. And everyone with s*** mikes that are constantly echoing and the all of you who try to play your music! No one can understand the words stop f***ing playing it!
#7SterlingFoxPosted 9/27/2012 9:54:56 PM
So they should get rid of TEAM CHAT (It is not private, it is team based) so that people can be harassed again and do all the things that make Xbox Live's community as famously bad as it was during Halo 2, and eliminate team coordination in the process. That's what you're saying TC.

Jesus... What's worse is that this topic will get lots of real, non-joke support.
Gamefaqs is just full of stupid.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#8rotevilnemisis(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 7:07:22 AM
^^Heh sounds like a little trash talk really bothers you . You are probably one of those people who are easily offended but let me offer you this tidbit of wisdom. Words are just words they never should hurt you or bother you. You could sit here or even in real life and insult in every single way possible and yet i wouldn'tbe offended especially if it was over xbox. Even swear words are just words someone deemed bad but they are no worse than the word cow. So stop being so easily flustered by words
---
#9Urdnot_RuntPosted 9/28/2012 12:04:15 PM
I think you should always be able to hear the other team if they are close to you
#10fiasco86Posted 9/28/2012 12:37:06 PM(edited)
rotevilnemisis posted...
Get rid of private chats and bring back being able to hear the other team. Not only can you get into the opponents head and throw them off their game but its also funny sometimes hearing them. Now this may just be nostalgia from halo 2 but still

You can hear the other team if they have mics. It's called proximity voice. And it's exactly the reason I use party chat.
---
XBL: Chaotic Fiasco
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY