Coagulation
Water Works
Burial Mounds
Containtment
Headlong
Relic
Terminal
Zanzibar

Halo 3 was a great BTB game in the series, and I only consider it better than halo 2 because I remember it more vividly and it had such beasts as:
Valhalla
Sandtrap
Last Resort
Rat's Nest
Avalanche (Personal Fave)
Standoff
Longshore (to a lesser degree)
and classic game types such as Multiflag CTF, 1 Flag CTF, Neutral Assault, and Splockets (****ing love the splockets)

Halo Reach dropped the ball on the BTB side of things releasing with only Hemorrhage and Paradiso as decent BTB maps (honestly they weren't that great) with spire and boneyard being lack luster ports from campaign that were too big for their own good.

They tried to save it with Breakpoint, Highlands, Tempest, and Breakneck, but not one of those maps made it into the loop very often because of not many people getting the DLC. They also removed objective completely from the BTB playlist for some ungodly reason (where did neutral assault go?) The community BTB maps they put in were ok but just I couldn't get over seeing the same forerunner decor in familiar locations. Invasion was a wasted opportunity, not fulfilling its potential in the slightest with a small batch of maps.

Needless to say I'm stoked to see 343i go out the door with some incredible looking BTB maps (not one of which is their forge world thank god):
Complex
Exile
Longbow
Ragnarok
Meltdown

With some impressive vehicle line ups including, the mantis, and hopefully the mammoth is used in on of their forge worlds (or maybe the tenth unrevealed map is a BTB map as well with a mammoth?)

Playlist-wise 343 needs to have neutral assault and Multiflag CTF in the lineup often with a return of Splockets and Heavies since those are the bee's knees.

Not to mention that the 3 forge worlds in of themselves will produce a unique map for each one (hopefully not as lackluster as default sandbox and default foundry) which makes the mid/small size pool a little more buffed than what it seems like right now.

Overall I'm extremely excited to see the return of my favorite playlist in full glory and hopefully they've buffed up the warthog a bit unlike its paper mache counterpart in reach

Who else is excited?
---
GT: Thumtac
I am the sole voice of reason
#2Killean_NuggetsPosted 10/4/2012 5:40:07 PM
BTB is awful.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#3Microwave_Oven(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:44:44 PM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
BTB is awful.

Halo 4 will change your mind
---
#4pblimp360Posted 10/4/2012 5:49:57 PM
Microwave_Oven posted...
Who else is excited?

*raises hand*

I'm so excited to play this game I could scream.
---
#Halo 4
#5XBLgamer002Posted 10/4/2012 5:51:57 PM
Think these "BTB" maps will be in the rotation for standard 4v4 too? 4v4 vehicle matches were nowhere to be found in Reach and I missed it. Ragnarok most likely will able to.
#6corex3dPosted 10/4/2012 5:52:45 PM
i only play BTB and invasion barely touch the other playlists well i use to play action sack alot till they removed it so im happy with all the new maps there making for BTB
#7Microwave_Oven(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:54:06 PM
XBLgamer002 posted...
Think these "BTB" maps will be in the rotation for standard 4v4 too? 4v4 vehicle matches were nowhere to be found in Reach and I missed it. Ragnarok most likely will able to.

I feel you, warthog wars in 4v4 on standoff and valhalla were fantastic, but never anywhere to be seen in Reach. I imagine that Ragnarok will definitely be in that rotation and probably the others to some degree. Or it's possible that team slayer will be 5v5 in halo 4.
---
#8PharoahPelicanPosted 10/4/2012 5:55:55 PM
pblimp360 posted...
Microwave_Oven posted...
Who else is excited?

*raises hand*

I'm so excited to play this game I could scream.

Me too, I love BTB. Favorite playlist.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#9Killean_NuggetsPosted 10/4/2012 6:04:36 PM
Microwave_Oven posted...
Killean_Nuggets posted...
BTB is awful.

Halo 4 will change your mind

Lol
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#10metalclashPosted 10/4/2012 6:05:46 PM
I too love BTB, it's why I stuck with 3 for so long and dropped Reach so quick.

Idk what bungie was thinking with reach, but having dmr's do that much damage to hogs was just terrible.
---
Man, all I want is to play some GTA V with some of my broski's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2i0ts-uck