They sucked the life out of the Medals

#21Falco4224Posted 10/24/2012 10:34:01 AM
medals add to the addicting factor of halo. making them less prominent does suck. even if it's a little feature in the game.
---
bip bip
#22AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 10/24/2012 10:34:46 AM
is this confirmed? how do you know they don't have any color?
---
Nov 6 - the Reclamation Begins!
#23GollyFluffPosted 10/24/2012 10:41:35 AM
Falco4224 posted...
medals add to the addicting factor of halo. making them less prominent does suck. even if it's a little feature in the game.

as far as i can tell, there are many many many more medals in this game. i honestly think they went for a different style, and everyone will learn to love them as time goes on. in my opinion, the style of the emblems matches the art style and the sound effects
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#24Xfma100Posted 10/24/2012 11:01:07 AM
GollyFluff posted...
speaking of medals, does anyone know of a complete list of halo 4 medals?

This.

Does anyone have a good picture of the medals?
#25jakethenoobPosted 10/24/2012 11:13:34 AM
Microwave_Oven posted...
gOwCoD4 posted...
"Oh man this game is gonna blow because the medals are uninteresting now"

Seriously? The medals? 343i/Halo 4 Haters are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for complaints...

WTF? Please give me a real quote of my post that says that this game is going to suck. I just want to know why they made such an arbitrary and irrational call of making all the medals look the exact same!

Neither of them have an actual argument which is why they just resort to assuming you think the game will be bad because of the medals.

The multikill medals all being black is stupid.
Getting like 5 medals every time you get a kill or assist is stupid.
Announcing a bunch of the pointless medals is stupid.

You're supposed to get a medal for actually doing something WORTH getting one for. That's the whole point of a medal. Now you can literally get a medal for being a distraction or get a "flag assist" by standing around your flag doing nothing when your teammate scores so you can feel special about doing nothing.

I watched the Halo Council the other day where U4ixx was talking about how Halo 4 needs all these sort of things like the announcer constantly telling you things you already know, showing you're holding the flag at the top of the screen, having points show up on the middle of the screen etc. to draw in more players to keep the Halo community from dying, which is where the competitive community comes from, but I still don't like it although he has a point.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#26xHughJasxPosted 10/24/2012 11:40:37 AM
Idk. The medals I have seen look colorful enough. Here's the flood game type ones:

mp1st.com/2012/10/04/halo-4-flood-mode-details-medals-and-images/
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#27MC_Brian1Posted 10/24/2012 11:44:13 AM
xHughJasx posted...
Idk. The medals I have seen look colorful enough. Here's the flood game type ones:

They look a little less interesting but they're definitely colorful. Wtf is everyone complaining about
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions
#28ISKREEM616Posted 10/24/2012 11:54:21 AM
MC_Brian1 posted...
xHughJasx posted...

They look a little less interesting but they're definitely colorful. Wtf is everyone complaining about

Word. I don't see this grey/blue crap TC is talking about. Can you provide any images to back you up, TC?
---
GT: ISKREEM
I miss the old, colorful world.
#29Microwave_Oven(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2012 12:17:56 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/21jp30k.png

Take a look at how less vibrant the 4 medals are vs. the reach counterparts
---
GT: Thumtac
I am the sole voice of reason
#30AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 10/24/2012 12:20:53 PM
Microwave_Oven posted...
http://i48.tinypic.com/21jp30k.png

Take a look at how less vibrant the 4 medals are vs. the reach counterparts

and where'd you get that screenshot? the upper medals just look smaller, and like they have compression artifacts. probably more a problem with the person who captured the images than the actual in-game assets.
---
Nov 6 - the Reclamation Begins!