That Forward unto Dawn series is pretty good.

#11ltmathis09Posted 10/25/2012 11:42:15 AM
I asked my brother this since he's a marine. He says whenever he speaks to a woman who is marine officer or higher he HAS to refer to her as "sir" and not "ma'am"He doesn't know why, it's just what they tell him, and he says you don't go against or question what they tell you to do, lol.
---
Xboxlive 360 Yung R3zzy SON, message me for a game. COD4, Turok, GH3, H3.
#12SleepComaPosted 10/25/2012 11:49:11 AM
ltmathis09 posted...
I asked my brother this since he's a marine. He says whenever he speaks to a woman who is marine officer or higher he HAS to refer to her as "sir" and not "ma'am"He doesn't know why, it's just what they tell him, and he says you don't go against or question what they tell you to do, lol.

Lol tools.
---
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
#13XXHornDogXX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 11:52:42 AM
ltmathis09 posted...

Ive never heard of this. I and everyone else i know always say Ma'am. In fact if you go to boot camp and call a female DI Sir, your in for a world of pain.
---
no Sig master race
#14EchoX860Posted 10/25/2012 12:26:09 PM
I'm sure you know this and aren't pretending that you do TC
---
Gamertag: EchoX860
Controller > Keyboard/Mouse
#15QosinPosted 10/25/2012 2:32:03 PM
It's actually quite common to refer to female officers are sir, but more importantly, you call them by what they want to be called. During my time in, I was under the command of a Sergeant Major, and if I called him anything other than that, especially sir, I was going to catch hell. He always said "Sir" reminded him of his age.

So yeah, not uncommon at all and it's becoming more common as gender equality issues continue to get attention. Calling a female officer Ma'am means she's different than a male officer, and that's bad.
#16zeroboboPosted 10/25/2012 2:36:36 PM
in most sci-fi settings they go with sir as a unisex thing instead of gender specific ones.
it makes sense, but the way you're acting all offended i think you'd just argue with my explanation so im not going to bother lol
#17Feral_MidgetPosted 10/25/2012 3:40:48 PM
ltmathis09 posted...

I'm in my second term in the Marines and I've never heard anyone refer to a female officer as "sir".