Can somebody quickly tell me why the limited edition isn't worth it?

#1xXxHaVeNPosted 10/31/2012 2:40:54 PM
I've gotten the limited edition of the Halo games for a while now. Seems odd that I'm thinking I wont this year. It comes with the season pass for the DLC, correct? Those alone are usually $30 plus tax. What else is included? Why are people saying it isn't worth it this time around?
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
Pokemon White FC: 2236-6428-5930
#2lnightfurylPosted 10/31/2012 2:52:02 PM
People that say it's not worth it are the people who literally want the game and the maps benefit. The game is $60 the war games map pass is $24(i believe) which in turn is $84 and is cheaper than the limited edition. So if you actually care about the other bonuses in the limited edition, then the limited edition is better. But if you were just in it for the game and the maps, then doing the first thing I listed would be cheaper.
---
Gamertag: Shiloh a Dragon
I'm just your friendly neighborhood furry! FA: Naki_101
#3CyanocittaPosted 10/31/2012 2:56:06 PM
Also, the LE gets instant access to the 6 locked specializations. This was a big feature, until people found out that as long as you play Halo the first few weeks (not sure the actual dates, sorry) you'll be getting all 6 free anyways. So nothing special there. You're playing 15$ for any extra's that come with it.
#4Black_Hand_313Posted 10/31/2012 3:31:47 PM
1.) Standard edition is $60 - however, newegg had it on sale $45 earlier this month, and MS store has a $25 coupon. Only deal I heard of with LE is best buy $20 reward zone coupon for GCU members (also with standard)

2.) War Games Map Pack Access is $25 - however, downloading it off XBL gives you two in-game helmets and an emblem not available with LE version - dunno why.

That means if you've been keeping up with the deals, standard + map pack can cost even less than $85. Some more reasons to note:

1.) Recruit armor was advertised as exclusive to LE at first, but it's not. You're only getting the skins and avatar props.

2.) You do not get a physical copy or even download of Forward Unto Dawn. You stream it on Waypoint, meaning MS could yank it at any time. The DVD is available for preorder at $13 on amazon, and I'd personally much rather have a physical copy.

3.) Key word: EARLY access to specializations, meaning we'll all have them eventually.

4.) Personal taste, but I like the standard edition cover art better than the steelbook's

The rest of what you get is fan stuff on paper: a booklet and an armor schematic. I had the LE preordered but changed it to standard because it looked like such a bad value.
#5xXxHaVeN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 3:33:44 PM
1.) Standard edition is $60 - however, newegg had it on sale $45 earlier this month, and MS store has a $25 coupon. Only deal I heard of with LE is best buy $20 reward zone coupon for GCU members (also with standard)

2.) War Games Map Pack Access is $25 - however, downloading it off XBL gives you two in-game helmets and an emblem not available with LE version - dunno why.

That means if you've been keeping up with the deals, standard + map pack can cost even less than $85. Some more reasons to note:

1.) Recruit armor was advertised as exclusive to LE at first, but it's not. You're only getting the skins and avatar props.

2.) You do not get a physical copy or even download of Forward Unto Dawn. You stream it on Waypoint, meaning MS could yank it at any time. The DVD is available for preorder at $13 on amazon, and I'd personally much rather have a physical copy.

3.) Key word: EARLY access to specializations, meaning we'll all have them eventually.

4.) Personal taste, but I like the standard edition cover art better than the steelbook's

The rest of what you get is fan stuff on paper: a booklet and an armor schematic. I had the LE preordered but changed it to standard because it looked like such a bad value.

Is this anything at all like Dr. Halseys journal with Reach? I ****ing loved that! I'll get the LE if it is. If not, I'm going standard.
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
Pokemon White FC: 2236-6428-5930
#6zaingasmPosted 10/31/2012 3:50:41 PM
You get the helmets and emblem with the map pass from the LE now, btw.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
XBL:xZAINGASMx
#7Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/31/2012 4:13:11 PM
if you havent pre-ordered the LE already its probably too late...
#8JenniferTatePosted 10/31/2012 4:15:34 PM
Cyanocitta posted...
Also, the LE gets instant access to the 6 locked specializations. This was a big feature, until people found out that as long as you play Halo the first few weeks (not sure the actual dates, sorry) you'll be getting all 6 free anyways. So nothing special there. You're playing 15$ for any extra's that come with it.

It's the 6th through the 20th, according to the dashboard.
---
I'm the book that beat the speed reader, and I'm the card the dealers won't touch
#9MyBRbackfiredPosted 11/4/2012 5:24:39 PM
The video I watched says only 4 are unlocked for playing by the 20th
---
GT- IfIWinUGetRecon or My BR backfired