Ranking System

#11ViktorMaxPosted 11/3/2012 10:54:53 AM
BANDlCOOT posted...
ViktorMax posted...
Hello. Future Lvl 50 Team Snipers checking in.

Sup. See u soon.
---
True dat.
#12darren19822000Posted 11/3/2012 10:58:28 AM
jesse_skater posted...
man this info is about as old as darren reefnugs

but honestly im glad its somewhere tho.

i dont thin kits that old...the info isnt sprouting grey hairs yet haha
---
gt darren reefnugs
#13Killean_Nuggets(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 10:58:56 AM
Halo 3's trueskill system wasn't that great. It was based on winning, as opposed to individual performance. Increasing and decreasing rank based on winning alone only works if the teams don't change. And unless you never search outside of a team of four, your team is going to change. Also, the XP system in 3 was literally the reason boosting was so easy.

Ranking up or down should be solely based on wining.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#14That1GuyyPosted 11/3/2012 11:01:56 AM
Killean_Nuggets posted...

Not with random matchmaking.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#15no1oblivionfanPosted 11/3/2012 11:03:18 AM
That1Guyy posted...
Halo 3's trueskill system wasn't that great. It was based on winning, as opposed to individual performance. Increasing and decreasing rank based on winning alone only works if the teams don't change. And unless you never search outside of a team of four, your team is going to change. Also, the XP system in 3 was literally the reason boosting was so easy.

It encouraged winning though. Where everybody played their best...as long as they knew how trueskill worked.
---
^The PvE Guy^
Steam: An_Orang3e
#16DBZ_DavePosted 11/3/2012 11:10:31 AM
I cant believe how much you people cried over something so stupid. oh boo hoo i cant tell this guy i'm better than him, boo hoo imma cry till 343 puts in the visible ranking system.

343 Industries busted their butts to make an amazing halo game and your gonna piss and moan about a visible ranking system? I mean i'm happy that 343 listens to their consumers, but this was just ridiculous.

Anyway I will be happy that i'm going to get an amazing halo experience again thanks to 343 Industries.

Be thankful for what your getting.
#17Killean_Nuggets(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 11:11:06 AM
Killean_Nuggets posted...

Not with random matchmaking.

Did you play arena when it was first released? They had it so it was based on "personal performance". Arena is still awful, but it has improved drastically.
---
vBlite
#18BANDlCOOTPosted 11/3/2012 11:14:23 AM
Yeah having it based on individual performance is just plain awful.
---
GT : White Bandicoot
True Story.
#19Nostromo1685Posted 11/3/2012 11:14:35 AM
DBZ_Dave posted...
I cant believe how much you people cried over something so stupid. oh boo hoo i cant tell this guy i'm better than him, boo hoo imma cry till 343 puts in the visible ranking system.

343 Industries busted their butts to make an amazing halo game and your gonna piss and moan about a visible ranking system? I mean i'm happy that 343 listens to their consumers, but this was just ridiculous.

Anyway I will be happy that i'm going to get an amazing halo experience again thanks to 343 Industries.

This. This so much. I remember how frustrating Halo 2 and 3 got once you got to a high level.

I'm all for companies listening to fan concerns but sometimes people cry over the dumbest things.
#20Killean_Nuggets(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 11:18:22 AM

I should be thankful for a game that I spend money on, not containing what I want............

I guess you are thankful when you get bills in the mail.
---
vBlite