Ranking System

#51Nostromo1685Posted 11/3/2012 10:56:41 AM
TPZmikez posted...
DBZ_Dave posted...
Nostromo1685 posted...
DBZ_Dave posted...
I cant believe how much you people cried over something so stupid. oh boo hoo i cant tell this guy i'm better than him, boo hoo imma cry till 343 puts in the visible ranking system.

343 Industries busted their butts to make an amazing halo game and your gonna piss and moan about a visible ranking system? I mean i'm happy that 343 listens to their consumers, but this was just ridiculous.

Anyway I will be happy that i'm going to get an amazing halo experience again thanks to 343 Industries.

Be thankful for what your getting.

This. This so much. I remember how frustrating Halo 2 and 3 got once you got to a high level.

I'm all for companies listening to fan concerns but sometimes people cry over the dumbest things.

I'm glad someone here agrees with me. With all the posts I have seen about this visible ranking system only a few people realize what it really does to people.

A ranking system promotes to much asinine behavior. If you wanna show off your huge rank and demean others just because you play games more than someone else then go to a COD game where someone might actually give a crap.

Agreed. I'm glad someone uses a bit of common sense around here. This is a place for discussion but I also realize...this is gamefaqs and with gamefaqs there are always trolls.

Seriously, many people want a visible rank and I don't see how having one is going to affect you at all.

People don't want a high level JUST to show off, it's because it's fun for us to grind our way to 50. You guys don't realize that. And if we play games more than you, so what? Then it shouldn't matter to you at all that we're a higher rank than you.

If you really want to argue something and claim it to be "common sense", bring better arguments. Right now, what you're saying is just bs.

Well, I will say this. You are right, It's not going to affect me personally.

And I am aware that most of the fans don't just want to show off but a lot of them do. Especially the more hardcore players out there. I don't mind the visible number. I just found it to be extremely frustrating once you get above 40. It sucked a lot of the fun out of the game for me.

I suppose this is just an opinion of mine after all and if you guys like that, then there isn't anything wrong with that. I guess I just got a little mad at the guys calling us casuals or saying we suck. It's like were still in grade school or something.
#52BANDlCOOTPosted 11/3/2012 11:08:03 AM
Nostromo1685 posted...
Well, I will say this. You are right, It's not going to affect me personally.

And I am aware that most of the fans don't just want to show off but a lot of them do. Especially the more hardcore players out there. I don't mind the visible number. I just found it to be extremely frustrating once you get above 40. It sucked a lot of the fun out of the game for me.

I suppose this is just an opinion of mine after all and if you guys like that, then there isn't anything wrong with that. I guess I just got a little mad at the guys calling us casuals or saying we suck. It's like were still in grade school or something.

Eh can we please stop pyramid spamming in every topic where people argue?

This is the problem. It isn't about ranking up. It's about being the correct level. It shouldn't be frustrating. It should be fun. You're a 40 because you play like a 40 so enjoy the winning and the losing.
---
GT : White Bandicoot
True Story.
#53soildsnakemgs1Posted 11/3/2012 11:09:09 AM
As a person who played alot of halo 2 on live, I have to say I do miss the visible trueskill ranking. With games nowadays, anyone, no matter how good or bad the person, is can grind up the ranks. The trueskill rating fluctuated on performance. Though not perfect, it added an extra sense of accomplishment when obtaining a high level in a playlist. Another thing to counter hacking is the fact that at that point, your playing against players who deserve to be that high, and theoretically should lose due to difference in skill. This is why i perfer visual trueskill compared to just exp. Exp is a factor of time as much as skill.
---
PSN: Raegon MGO: LT. Valentine SteamID: FinalZman
Currently waiting for: MGS Collection, Twisted Metal
#54Scooby510Posted 11/3/2012 11:15:32 AM
I'm gonna be the first Lone Wolves 50 on gamefaqs.
---
GT: Ayy Scooby
http://i.imgur.com/Tfwlr.jpg
#55Killean_Nuggets(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 11:18:38 AM
I'm going to be the first UK gamefaqs player to get a 50.

Bring it bandi :)
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#56DJ_GunnerPosted 11/3/2012 11:25:45 AM
Let's assume for a moment that Frankie/343 are not exaggerating, and that boosting/cheating for ranks was as big of an issue as they say it was in 2/3. The way they are implementing this is an untested, but potentially perfect, compromise. The number is still there, just like it was in 2/3 and you CAN see it- just not in the lobbies. What this _should_ facilitate is a lack of motivation to boost for the number, since most people aren't going to look up everyone else's number in the lobby. So the "status symbol" aspect of the rank is reduced to a minimum. And of course, on the flip side, you still get to know your number and use it as a motivator to play competitively.

I personally feel like it would be best to have the number in the game, but given a choice between Reach (no rank, period) and this, I'll take this.
---
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5
#57Strakadh_OFPosted 11/3/2012 11:25:46 AM
Killean_Nuggets posted...

I love how a difference of opinion automatically equates to you being better than me at a video game.

Nothing to do with a difference of opinion, just a fact that I am better.

Im guessing this guy is going to be the El Presidente of the Halo board.

+1 if you know who/what Im talking about.
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#58GotThat415SwagPosted 11/3/2012 11:26:08 AM
Very excited that halo 4 has a ranking system. Hoping to get carried to a 50 in all playlists :)
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#59GotThat415SwagPosted 11/3/2012 11:50:49 AM
Strakadh_OF posted...

I love how a difference of opinion automatically equates to you being better than me at a video game.

Nothing to do with a difference of opinion, just a fact that I am better.

Im guessing this guy is going to be the El Presidente of the Halo board.

+1 if you know who/what Im talking about.

Is that the guy from the BF3 board?
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#60BANDlCOOTPosted 11/3/2012 11:51:47 AM
I'm going to be the first UK gamefaqs player to get a 50.

Bring it bandi :)

I'm struggling with games these days. I'm just going to beat the campaign then go online and get slaughtered. Really looking forward to Snipers and OBJ.
---
GT : White Bandicoot
True Story.