Ranking System

#61That1GuyyPosted 11/3/2012 12:52:33 PM
tommygun823 posted...
Let's assume for a moment that Frankie/343 are not exaggerating, and that boosting/cheating for ranks was as big of an issue as they say it was in 2/3. The way they are implementing this is an untested, but potentially perfect, compromise. The number is still there, just like it was in 2/3 and you CAN see it- just not in the lobbies. What this _should_ facilitate is a lack of motivation to boost for the number, since most people aren't going to look up everyone else's number in the lobby. So the "status symbol" aspect of the rank is reduced to a minimum. And of course, on the flip side, you still get to know your number and use it as a motivator to play competitively.

I personally feel like it would be best to have the number in the game, but given a choice between Reach (no rank, period) and this, I'll take this.

People still boosted in Reach, so I don't see how this will be any different.

The solution is to create a ranking system that isn't so easily exploited.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#62ox0shadow0xoPosted 11/3/2012 1:16:26 PM
Isn't there already a visible rank that only you can see? You can still grind up your level for fun, you just can't show it off to other people. Using it to compare to other players isn't really a big deal if you ask me. If my they're good then you'll find out after playing with/against them.

If the system is pairing you up with people of similar skill levels, then once you play enough games to settle into the skill area that suits you, then it's safe to assume that your opponents are around the same skill level as you. The lack of a visible "how good are you compared to me" system, shouldn't be enough to make you dislike the entire game.
---
360 games completed 100% retail: Armored Core 4, FF13, FF13-2, Force Unleashed 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, The Last Remnant, SSX.
#63Killean_Nuggets(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 2:18:44 PM
Miss the old ranking system.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#64DeltronFFPosted 11/3/2012 2:26:59 PM
better than nothing but i'd prefer the Halo 2 ranking system... as I assume most would.
---
Hunter S Mario
http://fashionablygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mario-gonzo.jpg
#65bd0g5Posted 11/3/2012 4:01:07 PM
GotThat415Swag posted...
Very excited that halo 4 has a ranking system. Hoping to get carried to a 50 in all playlists :)

I'm pretty sure it's not 1-50, but I'll carry you anyways. It will be just like when we play reach!
---
I like turtles
#66MrFish86Posted 11/3/2012 4:08:34 PM
bd0g5 posted...
GotThat415Swag posted...
Very excited that halo 4 has a ranking system. Hoping to get carried to a 50 in all playlists :)

I'm pretty sure it's not 1-50, but I'll carry you anyways. It will be just like when we play reach!

"All players will be ranked on a per-hopper basis, so, for example, you will have a unique CSR for your Slayer Pro games vs. your CTF games. CSR is currently planned to use a familiar and easy to understand 1-50 scale (subject to change or alteration). Your CSR will go up and down based on match outcomes."

So it's pretty probable that it will actually be a 1-50 type of rank system.