Will Halo 4 skew Black Ops 2 sales?

#11Carlito424Posted 11/4/2012 5:32:03 AM
COD is a noob friendly fps game that people tend to gear towards cause it doesn't take any skill at all to play it. Those that get both COD and Halo 4 may stick to playing COD more cause its sooooo easy to dominate in that game.
#12DrkVrtxPosted 11/4/2012 6:38:27 AM
Probably not. BLOPS2 will be the best selling game of all time ever until this time next year when BLOPS3 or MW4 is released.
#13Kovalchuk_Posted 11/4/2012 6:43:01 AM
You know this for a fact?

it's probably the other way around then.
---
When you're doing stuff online, you should behave as if you're doing it in public."
#14BurningNovaFirePosted 11/4/2012 7:08:10 AM
Here is MHO: I play COD and it's fun, but there is one released every year, so therefore I'm more inclined to buy one of them, most of the time. I'm a much, much bigger fan of Halo though and this year a new one comes out so I'll be skipping COD. I'm sure they're are more people like me. But if the sales are hurt it might not even be noticeable except on 360 and that probably won't last long, lol.

Oh, and to who ever said Halo has hasn't really been the king or led in sales any this gen is wrong. Halo 3 set records at release, giving all those are have been broken now by Call of Duty. Still once upon a time, it ruled the roost. COD set a crazy record of 400 million in 24-Hours last year, but that's also on 4 platforms and believe it or not Reach sold 200 million on one platform. So who knows, Halo might have stupid numbers if it was multi-platform also :D

It's fun to compare them, but really. They're two different games and COD has been for years and always will be, until the world is destroyed....very freaking popular. Even though I hate to admit it....haha.
---
My friends call me "hadouken", because I'm a down right fierce. GT: Lt KGB
#15atreyu27Posted 11/4/2012 7:12:45 AM
I like playing one game at a time, so I took my time to choose between Halo 4 and Blops 2 and I picked Halo 4. I still have money on Black Ops, but don't plan on getting it till I get bored with Halo 4 or want a change of pace.
#16KagoJunichiroPosted 11/4/2012 7:13:01 AM
ShatteredNight posted...
You need to keep in mind that CoD sells on multiplatforms. While Halo is an Xbox exclusive.

This is pretty much fact right here. This is the main reason why Halo won't do as good as CoD.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Kago Junichiro
PlayStation Network ID: ArmoredAce
#17Error1356Posted 11/4/2012 7:18:17 AM
I doubt it lil turd. But I'm sure it will sell very well...
#18DBZ_DavePosted 11/4/2012 7:21:18 AM
msn000001 posted...
If anything I think Black Ops 2 hurts Halos sales. Had this came out more then a week before COD I woulda bought Halo but what's the point now? Once Duty comes out I'd never play Halo again. I'd only get Halo to hold me over. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

what a sad life you live.
#19Descedent1Posted 11/4/2012 7:24:42 AM
R0N1N187 posted...
I deifnitely know for a fact that most gamers will never buy 2 games in a period of 1 month.

I don't think you know most gamers lol
#20lnknprk_45Posted 11/4/2012 7:36:15 AM
R0N1N187 posted...
I deifnitely know for a fact that most gamers will never buy 2 games in a period of 1 month.

You gotta keep in mind it's the holidays. It might skew preorders, but not overall sales. Whatever sales are lost due to the short time in between their releases is made up after since Christmas is right around the corner.