How old are you?

#91HybridSnakePosted 11/4/2012 5:21:27 PM
tommygun823 posted...
I didn't even start gaming as a real hobby until I was 29. Prior to that I was too busy with my social life. The PS2 was the first console I bought new since I had recieved an NES for xmas in 1987, lol.

The way I see it, when you're settled down with a family, gaming is one of the least expensive hobbies to have. It beats coming home from work and watching 5-6 hours of brain-melting garbage that passes for TV these days before falling asleep. My wife thinks its great that I game and always says she'd rather me play the latest whatever rather than be out at a bar or something.


This x10.

If women are smart they will like men playing video games in home.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#92HybridSnakePosted 11/4/2012 5:21:49 PM
their men*
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#93TwilightPlaguePosted 11/4/2012 5:23:32 PM
That is classified
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the whiners hide and the flamers enjoy a nice meal of tearing your jugular out. Enjoy the stay :)
#94AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 6:00:40 PM
Wow, that's a lot of votes. I guess my question is answered. The squeakers really have migrated to COD. Anyway, happy Halo 4 gaming everyone!
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Trials Evolution and L4D 2.
#95Eagles931Posted 11/4/2012 6:03:03 PM
19 here, I don't really hear kids in halo. I do see a lot on COD. I think they all moved to MW3 when it came out.
---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
#96That1GuyyPosted 11/4/2012 6:07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the majority of little kids don't visit GameFAQs, so it's likely that the percentage of little kids playing Halo will be a fair bit larger than what the poll suggests.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#97WhoIsTheKi11ERPosted 11/4/2012 6:16:13 PM
Lender posted...
aaroncort posted...
Mister_Vanilla posted...
Ah hell, I'm officially the old guy then.

Will hit 40 in a year.

/is that absolutely pathetic?


I thought that I'd be the oldest/most pathetic person in this thread at 36. I might be a little more pathetic as I just bought a 65 inch TV in anticipation of playing H4.


Absolutely NOTHING pathetic about doing what you enjoy. I'll never understand the concept of people suddenly getting too "old" for things he/she takes pleasure in doing. Like I said in my last post, people are never judgmental when it comes to movies or music. When it comes to video games, it suddenly becomes an age limit? Ridiculous. I'll be gaming for as long as I can. I'm 25 and I see many more years left in me gaming.


I love this, Lender. *props*
---
XBL - Wh0sTheKi11er
Twitter - twitter.com/jimothyjaymes
#98RevZoomPosted 11/4/2012 6:16:20 PM
I'm 39, and didn't begin gaming until I turned 30...

My wife started traveling a lot for work, and I just didn't go out as much. Plus, no kids equals lots o'free time.

Games had come so far, I began to realize I was missing out on something very cool...

I've got plenty of other interests, but don't see myself abandoning the vidya games.


----
---
GT: oO Durden Oo
#99WhoIsTheKi11ERPosted 11/4/2012 6:17:15 PM
tommygun823 posted...
I didn't even start gaming as a real hobby until I was 29. Prior to that I was too busy with my social life. The PS2 was the first console I bought new since I had recieved an NES for xmas in 1987, lol.

The way I see it, when you're settled down with a family, gaming is one of the least expensive hobbies to have. It beats coming home from work and watching 5-6 hours of brain-melting garbage that passes for TV these days before falling asleep. My wife thinks its great that I game and always says she'd rather me play the latest whatever rather than be out at a bar or something.


I love this too, Tommy. *props and respect*
---
XBL - Wh0sTheKi11er
Twitter - twitter.com/jimothyjaymes
#100EVENTYDEPosted 11/4/2012 6:31:52 PM
40 isn't old... Some of my co workers are in their early-mid 40's and they'll run circles around 90% of you. The other 10% either just stay in decent shape or have good genetics. If you can't run a sub 18 minute 5k, I know 7 guys in their 40's with wives, kids my age, and still find time to play video games who will obliterate you.

Ever heard of old man strength? It is a phenomenal thing, when its on your side.
---
XBL GT: EVENTYDE IGN: Eventyde
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/psmTARDCORE?feature=mhee