would you take $2,000 in cash if it meant you could never be able to play H4?

#391fiasco86Posted 11/5/2012 1:25:08 PM
Hitman1102 posted...
xixnoahxix posted...
I went to college so I could have the luxury of spending disposable income on this sort of thing. So Hell no. As you get older you'll see 2 grand is nothing. The average person is going to earn 5 million over the course of their life, assuming you make at least 80 grand a year, the point of money is that you trade it for goods such as halo, why would you reverse that?

This is the problem with this board. This guy is either in his early years of college or still in high school. As you get older you'll see how valuable $2,000 really is. Especially with the holidays coming up. I'm paying my bills month to month fine right now but if I got an easy $2000 to help me alleviate some of my monthly bills, my CCs most importantly, then I'm all for it. I plan on getting Halo but I'd sacrifice that or any other game for that matter for an easier month financially.

This is a gaming website so you're going to get people on here from 10-50+ in terms of age. What does $2000 really mean to a 14 year old compared to someone older. I'm only 27 with no children or mortgage but I do have rent, student loans, insurances, credit cards, commuting expenses to work and so on. $2000 gives me relief for a little bit which is huge and anybody who is around my age and lives in the real world knows exactly what I mean.

I am around your age and in relatively the same situation, but I'm able to make it by pretty comfortably without having to stress a ton about getting my bills paid, so the way I see it, why pass up on a game from my favorite series? $2,000 would be nice, but it would be gone so fast.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 7
#392GreydenPosted 11/5/2012 1:26:11 PM
I can have a hell of a lot more fun with $2,000 than Halo 4 will bring me. I am not saying I wouldn't miss playing it, but I would take the 2k any day.

Now change how the question is stated a bit and see if this changes anyone's opinion.

New HD 60" TV with a surround sound system or Halo 4?

30 plus new games that you will be more excited about a year from now or Halo 4?

All three next gen consoles the day they come out or Halo 4? (I know this one is questionable as that might cost more than $2,000 lol)

Free rent for a few months or Halo 4?

Killer PC / Laptop or Halo 4?

I could go on... :)
#393VejitaSS4Posted 11/5/2012 1:26:32 PM
hell yeah, Halo sucks anyways
#394Renraku_SanPosted 11/5/2012 1:26:52 PM
My quarterly bonuses average $25k at my firm, so I wouldn't really bat an eye, but I would take the 2k. I could easily turn that 2k into 10k off some IPO investing. Then I would just wait for Halo V while smelling my money.

Once Halo 9 comes out, will Trent Reznor allow them to use that name? Hmm...
---
If you believe Jesus is a zombie with sorcery powers that allow him to turn water to wine, put this in your sig.
#395xixnoahxixPosted 11/5/2012 1:36:56 PM
fiasco86 posted...
Hitman1102 posted...
xixnoahxix posted...
I went to college so I could have the luxury of spending disposable income on this sort of thing. So Hell no. As you get older you'll see 2 grand is nothing. The average person is going to earn 5 million over the course of their life, assuming you make at least 80 grand a year, the point of money is that you trade it for goods such as halo, why would you reverse that?

This is the problem with this board. This guy is either in his early years of college or still in high school. As you get older you'll see how valuable $2,000 really is. Especially with the holidays coming up. I'm paying my bills month to month fine right now but if I got an easy $2000 to help me alleviate some of my monthly bills, my CCs most importantly, then I'm all for it. I plan on getting Halo but I'd sacrifice that or any other game for that matter for an easier month financially.

This is a gaming website so you're going to get people on here from 10-50+ in terms of age. What does $2000 really mean to a 14 year old compared to someone older. I'm only 27 with no children or mortgage but I do have rent, student loans, insurances, credit cards, commuting expenses to work and so on. $2000 gives me relief for a little bit which is huge and anybody who is around my age and lives in the real world knows exactly what I mean.

I am around your age and in relatively the same situation, but I'm able to make it by pretty comfortably without having to stress a ton about getting my bills paid, so the way I see it, why pass up on a game from my favorite series? $2,000 would be nice, but it would be gone so fast.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice, but I've been stable ling enough that I wouldn't give up one of my favorite series for a small amount of cash. If you're as old as you say you are you know that two grand would be gone easily in two weeks time. I simply answered the question. I find halo 4, in my personal value system, to be worth more.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM! -- capnovan
#396Hitman1102Posted 11/5/2012 1:42:42 PM
xixnoahxix posted...
fiasco86 posted...
Hitman1102 posted...
xixnoahxix posted...

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice, but I've been stable ling enough that I wouldn't give up one of my favorite series for a small amount of cash. If you're as old as you say you are you know that two grand would be gone easily in two weeks time. I simply answered the question. I find halo 4, in my personal value system, to be worth more.

Id spend the two grand in a day. Write a check for rent and probably use the rest to help pay off one of my cards considering that one card is going to get a lot put on it in the coming two months. I'd happily take that over any video game
#397fiasco86Posted 11/5/2012 1:47:28 PM
If you're really on such a tight budget, why are you dropping $60 for Halo?

Not trying to imply anything here, but it appears that your financial situation is due to poor money management. Those of us who budget wisely (barring unforeseen complications) aren't in such dire need of a relatively small amount of money.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 7
#398Macdaddyruss1Posted 11/5/2012 1:48:55 PM
what is this a STUPID poll? Of course I'd take the money.
+
---
Currently playing: Dishonored,Borderlands 2, Witcher 2 and DOOM BFG. GT : westcoastbadb0y
#399Bnkai4tailLuffyPosted 11/5/2012 1:50:28 PM
KingOfAsia posted...
xSavant posted...
topic.

$2,000 instantly, but H4 never exists OR play H4 on release like normal, but you don't get the bonus $2K.

2k isnt even enough to pay back my college loan from engineering... 2k wasent even enough for college books.. 2k isnt even enough for one semester.. piss off and give me halo 4...

College with that spelling? Damn.
---
A "TWEWY Hipster"? I'm not sure if I should be offended.
Official THREAD DESTROYER of the TWEWY Board
#400pure_pervPosted 11/5/2012 1:51:17 PM
Thats like 1200? Hell yeah i would, I only earn 240 a week!
---
sort iz a bucket