Halo 4 and Mitt Romney as the next President

#31Omega_GilgameshPosted 11/5/2012 10:18:32 AM
*drinks soda (not vomit-inducing Mountain Dew, btw) while watching as mankind continues to fail at maturity when it comes to either religion or politics*

From a purely objectivist standpoint, no one can really know for sure what will happen if either guy wins. We can guess, we can suppose, but the only way to know for sure is to see it happen, and if it doesn't happen, we can only assume it could have been done better. Romney may have many of the same policies that Bush Jr. had, but he DID help dig Massachussettes out of debt, so there's the possibility he'll do things right where Bush did wrong. And with Obama, he could fail to make things noticably better outside of number sheets, or his methods might require more than a single 4 year term.

What happens will happen. Don't make like that South Park episode where, after the election, half the town partied like there was no tomorrow, and the other half wailed and cried and keened and committed suicide like there was no tomorrow. Because tomorrow will come, and having a tomorrow that's worse than today is still better than having no tomorrow.

Besides, the new president won't get into office until AFTER December 21st, so he won't even become president period. Nothing to worry about.
---
Pro Tip: don't put anime spoilers in your sig. I got suspended for it.
#32RizingFenixPosted 11/5/2012 10:19:27 AM

Really? And how exactly is he going to do that? By giving the already rich big business owners massive tax breaks while taxing the hell out of the middle class to cover for it? How does that help anyone but Romney's on rich friends?

Lowering taxes on small businesses allows them to hire more people, thus more people are paying taxes and out of welfare, which shrinks the deficit. Don't let logic get in the way of your hate speech though.
#33ReezyKunPosted 11/5/2012 10:19:48 AM
Rom not gonna win but halo 4 coming out yay. Obama has my vote.
---
GT- Nerdy Ryuu /PSN - Darkninjabozz
3DS-1203-9519-9064 / Twitter@Sirryuu
#34Shinobiwolf3Posted 11/5/2012 10:20:38 AM
Delta_F14 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
Any American who votes for Obama deserves his country to fail and has no right to complain about the state of his country.

It took 8 years to ruin America, it will take at least 8 to fix.

---
Batman was here, then I blinked and he was gone [this message was approved by Batman]
Official Killer Bee of the NUNS3 board
#35ReezyKunPosted 11/5/2012 10:20:58 AM
Shinobiwolf3 posted...
Delta_F14 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
Any American who votes for Obama deserves his country to fail and has no right to complain about the state of his country.

It took 8 years to ruin America, it will take at least 8 to fix.

---
GT- Nerdy Ryuu /PSN - Darkninjabozz
3DS-1203-9519-9064 / Twitter@Sirryuu
#36NixemoPosted 11/5/2012 10:21:29 AM
RizingFenix posted...

Really? And how exactly is he going to do that? By giving the already rich big business owners massive tax breaks while taxing the hell out of the middle class to cover for it? How does that help anyone but Romney's on rich friends?

Lowering taxes on small businesses allows them to hire more people, thus more people are paying taxes and out of welfare, which shrinks the deficit. Don't let logic get in the way of your hate speech though.

Yes, on SMALL business. What will BIG business and the rich do with those tax breaks?

Hire more people? No, they will invest the money.
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#37Alex_SagePosted 11/5/2012 10:23:25 AM
Nixemo posted...
RizingFenix posted...

Yes, on SMALL business. What will BIG business and the rich do with those tax breaks?

Which would benefit the stockholders.
Besides this country is made up of mostly small businesses.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#38VladFrostPosted 11/5/2012 10:23:31 AM
omegaspacepirat posted...
Nixemo posted...
CloudZ1116 posted...
PharoahPelican posted...
I wish I had enough money to benefit from a Romney presidency.
#39Linctagon7Posted 11/5/2012 10:23:57 AM
It's shocking to see the general lack of grasp on economic principles voters display.

On fact remains. Economy is everything. Capital is everything. The foundations of a powerful nation are built upon those pillars. Vote for Obama. Go right ahead. China will laugh as the U.S slips all for the sake of liberalism.
#40Chuck_BosworthPosted 11/5/2012 10:24:45 AM
Nixemo posted...

I'm trying to stay out of a political debate, but I'm just curious, what do you think investments are? You think it's like some money duplicating machine? Investments are good. Also, trying to stay out, but I have to ask, when did anyone say anything about tax breaks for the rich? Neither candidate has said that.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?