Halo 4 and Mitt Romney as the next President

#51Chuck_BosworthPosted 11/5/2012 9:34:04 AM
Moukaryuu posted...
This is just about the most dick statement I've read in awhile. Being on welfare is no picnic. I grew up on it. They give you just enough to survive but not enough to get out of any hole. Then, if you take the initiative and get a job of any kind, they take it all away, so you're pretty much forced to stay on it if you want to survive. If you live where there are no jobs, then you're completely hosed. Can't afford to move, can't get a decent job.

Take your uneducated opinion and stick it. So glad to be off that crap, but I understand the need for it. It needs to be reformed to get people off of it. 3 year max, then you'd better be self sufficient.

I agree that it needs some sort of reform, because it is way too easy to be on welfare and actually survive right now.

I'm a college grad who can't get a teaching job right now because there are so many experienced teachers out of work that they are much more qualified for when a job does open up, so I'm working at a grocery store and substitute teaching.

Anyways, point is, there are lots of foods that I don't buy because I'm trying to be responsible with my money. Things like steaks, beer, name-brand chips, etc. At the same time, I don't qualify to be on welfare (nor do I want to be). I can't tell you how frustrated I get when I sell someone $40-50 worth of things I can't afford (i.e. expensive cuts of beef) on their EBT (food stamps) card, and then they turn around and buy $20-60 worth of beer and cigarettes with cash.

So, not only are the "poor" (some of them, obviously) eating better than me, but they also get their own luxury items (not that I don't, but I don't flush money into beer and cigs). But it is all in the name of "fairness".
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#52djshowstopper87Posted 11/5/2012 9:34:05 AM
Alex_Sage posted...
Moukaryuu posted...
DarthMutt posted...
I wish I had enough money to benefit from a Romney presidency.

I wish I was on welfare so I could benefit from another Obama term.

This is just about the most dick statement I've read in awhile. Being on welfare is no picnic. I grew up on it. They give you just enough to survive but not enough to get out of any hole. Then, if you take the initiative and get a job of any kind, they take it all away, so you're pretty much forced to stay on it if you want to survive. If you live where there are no jobs, then you're completely hosed. Can't afford to move, can't get a decent job.

Take your uneducated opinion and stick it. So glad to be off that crap, but I understand the need for it. It needs to be reformed to get people off of it. 3 year max, then you'd better be self sufficient.

You're so niave it's really sad. You can get anywhere in this country if you just try. I'm living proof. You have to WORK if you want to make money. Struggle at your job, not on welfare. I'm tired of paying your salary I worked VERY hard to get to where I am today, not to have some ignorant punk tell me that I should pay more money to help his lazy ass.

But your most likely some white guy. It's way harder for people of color to be successful in America due to racism and other issues.
#53MoukaryuuPosted 11/5/2012 9:34:27 AM
Alex_Sage posted...
Moukaryuu posted...
DarthMutt posted...

You're so niave it's really sad. You can get anywhere in this country if you just try. I'm living proof. You have to WORK if you want to make money. Struggle at your job, not on welfare. I'm tired of paying your salary I worked VERY hard to get to where I am today, not to have some ignorant punk tell me that I should pay more money to help his lazy ass.

Failing to see how I'm naive. I have a job. Middle class, making decent money. I work my ass off. So what's your argument? "I shouldn't have to help people with my tax money." I bet you have no problem sending our troops off to fight another pointless war, though, do you? Yeah, well MY ******* tax money pays for that ****, and I shouldn't have to pay for it when I don't want it either.

Deal with the fact that your taxes are going to pay for things you may not necessarily agree with and stop being so self centered. There are good people who don't milk the system that need the help. If you believe they should suffer too, then you're part of the problem.
---
Joy puking my face off
#54javobiPosted 11/5/2012 9:34:45 AM
Delta_F14 posted...
slayerxelite posted...
Tuesday shall be a great day!

lol Mitt Romney

Ron Paul 2012!

This xD
---
Rivve: The Khajiit can be ridden in various positions, whichever is the most comfortable for you!
#55Alex_SagePosted 11/5/2012 9:35:22 AM
No, it's the opposite. Black people get into college BECAUSE they're black. You can get Stafford Loans, you can get Grants, you can write a letter, you can do ANYTHING.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#56Alex_SagePosted 11/5/2012 9:37:07 AM
Moukaryuu posted...
Alex_Sage posted...
Moukaryuu posted...
DarthMutt posted...

Failing to see how I'm naive. I have a job. Middle class, making decent money. I work my ass off. So what's your argument? "I shouldn't have to help people with my tax money." I bet you have no problem sending our troops off to fight another pointless war, though, do you? Yeah, well MY ******* tax money pays for that ****, and I shouldn't have to pay for it when I don't want it either.

Deal with the fact that your taxes are going to pay for things you may not necessarily agree with and stop being so self centered. There are good people who don't milk the system that need the help. If you believe they should suffer too, then you're part of the problem.

For the record it's not so black and white. Right now I just want our economy fixed. I don't agree with the foreign policy. I'm torn but I go with the candidate that is focusing more on the economy.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#57SmokeCheckPosted 11/5/2012 9:37:12 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
It's shocking to see the general lack of grasp on economic principles voters display.

On fact remains. Economy is everything. Capital is everything. The foundations of a powerful nation are built upon those pillars. Vote for Obama. Go right ahead. China will laugh as the U.S slips all for the sake of liberalism.

You're assuming that Romney's economic plans are better than Obama's. Here is a contrast between the two:

Romney supports oil, for-profit higher education, coal mining, etc

Obama supports green energy, tech investments, future advancements

Romney wants an America that gets back on its feet by relying on fossil fuels and outdated resources/technology, whereas Obama is trying to educate our workforce and have America become a world leader in future tech/green energy.

Both are viable economic plans, but I am more interested in supporting efforts to modernize rather than regress technologically.

Plus, the Republican party made this about more than economy by being a bit crazy this year with their anti-gay, anti-women, anti-minority rhetoric. If they hadn't gone that route then I think Romney would have had a much easier time winning. As it is, he is behind in 19 or out of the 20 swing states. Maybe in 4 years Republicans will win with a more moderate social platform
#58Trinity of DarknessPosted 11/5/2012 9:40:49 AM
So this is how the Covenant almost wiped off the human race...

In all seriousness though, why is there a political argument going on a Halo 4 message board?
---
"Blame your fate!" - Kratos Aurion
#59zshippozxPosted 11/5/2012 9:41:34 AM
omegaspacepirat posted...
Nixemo posted...
CloudZ1116 posted...
PharoahPelican posted...

---
SSF4: main- Sakura sub- ibuki 3rd Strike main - ibuki
GT: foxdemon3392 PSN: EXShouoken
#60Chuck_BosworthPosted 11/5/2012 9:41:49 AM
Alex_Sage posted...
No, it's the opposite. Black people get into college BECAUSE they're black. You can get Stafford Loans, you can get Grants, you can write a letter, you can do ANYTHING.

When my wife got accepted to UNH in the honors program, she got multiple scholarships (including the Presidential Scholarship) because she was saludatorian. She still had to pay thousands of dollars per semester (definitely a good deal, but not free).

A girl who graduated the year before us with barely passing grades got in to UNH with a free-ride. She failed out after 3 semesters and has not gone back.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?