Promethean Vision...

#11Flow_149Posted 11/5/2012 7:02:30 PM
It's pretty amazing on small maps, but as some said before your spotted on radar when you use it. Still it seems pretty good.
#12ZenzokukenX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 7:10:42 PM
Yeah, the being spotted when using it can also help the user because he can use it, see where everyone is, everyone will go to that spot, then the guy will use it again, then move again, then on and on. Now, I know he will most likely run into someone but I am extremely interested to see how this feature really plays out.
---
PC, Xbizzle, PS3
PSP Go & 3000
#13NightTerrorX99Posted 11/5/2012 7:14:34 PM
But don't we have radar anyway?
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#14XentarmPosted 11/5/2012 7:24:39 PM
If promethean vision shows you when you are crouch walking then it will be kind of stupid. I crouch walk a lot and sneak up on people because most players run around all aggressive and are not aware of their surroundings.

Does anyone know if it still shows you when you are crouch walking? Because the motion sensor doesn't, so the argument that its ok just because we have a motion sensor doesn't make sense.
#15TG_WolfPosted 11/5/2012 7:25:18 PM
PV is just useful for seeing if someone is trying to crouch-walk up behind you, I've avoided getting killed a few times because of it.

It's not OP, it's not broken. It's just useful for the purpose it was intended for.
---
The Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence... ((o)) ((o)) Official Edo Lord of UNS3 Board
Furry and Proud of it ^_^
#16Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/5/2012 7:27:40 PM
Xentarm posted...
If promethean vision shows you when you are crouch walking then it will be kind of stupid. I crouch walk a lot and sneak up on people because most players run around all aggressive and are not aware of their surroundings.

Does anyone know if it still shows you when you are crouch walking? Because the motion sensor doesn't, so the argument that its ok just because we have a motion sensor doesn't make sense.

It does. If it didn't then it wouldn't be any better than using the radar.
---
I don't care.
#17ZERO_X02Posted 11/5/2012 7:40:27 PM
Jetpack gives you way more of an advantage than PV ever will, even with Jetpack's nerfs from Reach going into H4.
---
At Capcom, DLC=disc-locked content, not downloadable content.
#18XentarmPosted 11/5/2012 7:47:57 PM
Who_ate_the_pie posted...
Xentarm posted...

It does. If it didn't then it wouldn't be any better than using the radar.

Aww lame. So if someone has a sword/hammer/rocket/ and promethean vision.......You can't sneak up on them and just have to hope they are preoccupied. Does it at least have a long cooldown?
#19Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/5/2012 7:50:55 PM
Xentarm posted...
Aww lame. So if someone has a sword/hammer/rocket/ and promethean vision.......You can't sneak up on them and just have to hope they are preoccupied. Does it at least have a long cooldown?

You can sneak up on them. You just have to do it at the right time, like you said when they are preoccupied or not paying attention.

Long cool down, I would say no. You don't have to wait for the AA bar to completely refill to use it again although that results in a shorter duration. Not to mention there are traits and one of them makes AA recovery faster.
---
I don't care.
#20XentarmPosted 11/5/2012 7:55:03 PM
Who_ate_the_pie posted...
Xentarm posted...

You can sneak up on them. You just have to do it at the right time, like you said when they are preoccupied or not paying attention.

Long cool down, I would say no. You don't have to wait for the AA bar to completely refill to use it again although that results in a shorter duration. Not to mention there are traits and one of them makes AA recovery faster.

Dang, but there is no indicator that their AA would be on cooldown, so in order to sneak up you'd have to luck out. Kinda sucks for me because I have more of a subtle playstyle. I don't camp at all though, i'm just discreet. Hopefully there is a perk (sorry if they aren't called perks) that hides you from promethean vision to counter it.