If you are installing disc 1 STOP and install disc 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. If you are installing disc 1 STOP and install disc 2

User Info: abbeldydoo

abbeldydoo
4 years ago#21
I was trying to install the disc on the dashboard like every other 360 game i have ever installed,silly me.
Don't mod me bro!

User Info: TheSnowDog2112

TheSnowDog2112
4 years ago#22
KontroLz85 posted...
TheSnowDog2112 posted...
Why exactly do u hav to install disc 2 and install it first?

You don't have to install it first. I installed disc 1 then put disc 2 into the tray and started it up. I was prompted to install it after I started it up.

Ah thank u kind sir, I don't get the game till 10am and are glad I cleared this mess up beforehand. I want everything to go smoothly!

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
4 years ago#23
please delete this topic

it's incredibly misinforming

User Info: dueric

dueric
4 years ago#24
abbeldydoo posted...
I have tried cutting my 360 off and back on with disc 2 in and have tried taking it out and putting disc 1 back in then removing it and putting disc 2 in again and all i ever get is to "play now" disc 2 with disc 1 being the only one i can install.And i have resetted my 360 multiple times.This is starting to piss me off,i was ready to jump into MP and i can't because i won't play a disc unless it is installed.

Is there a link to an official place i can vent to?I just stood in line for 2 hours to get screwed.

Boot disc 2 as normal, like you would any other game. After it boots up, it will take you to a "main menu" where it will prompt you to install.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member

User Info: lightningboot

lightningboot
4 years ago#25
And what do we do when it says insert the Halo 4 play disc? I've downloaded the game already.
The Kansas City Chiefs: Terribly Terrible
Blow for Geno

User Info: LinkIsSpartan

LinkIsSpartan
4 years ago#26
disc 2 is mandatory, disc 1 isnt. I installed disc 1 first then booted up disc 2 and it installs itself no problems.
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. If you are installing disc 1 STOP and install disc 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived