Excuse me, 343? You Call of Duty all over my Halo.

#11tricky033Posted 11/6/2012 2:00:29 AM
call of duty is to much like counter strike with all the load outs a stuff, call of duty is just to similar
---
GT: Tricky033
#12BTzzPosted 11/6/2012 2:03:10 AM
tricky033 posted...
call of duty is to much like counter strike with all the load outs a stuff, call of duty is just to similar

See it's hilarious when people act like it's one thing.

"Oh COD has guns Halo must be ripping it off!"

It's stuff like that which really just shows you're ignoring anything that doesn't fit with your perception. Taking things from COD isn't inherently a bad thing, but it's undeniable that it's exactly what they're doing.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#13kayoticdreamzPosted 11/6/2012 2:03:42 AM
i have to say i noticed this too what with B for crouch, the sprint button being the same and of course those God awful grenade indicators.
#14SendenPosted 11/6/2012 2:21:41 AM
They definitely took a lot from call of duty but it's still a bazillion times better than that putrid filth known as Halo Reach. Don't see what 343i was hoping to accomplish from copying so much cod stuff, cod players won't turn to Halo because they like their ADHD friendly shooter where killing things can be done in a blink of an eye, they'd also find that how they play cod would get them demolished on Halo.
#15SolidStryderPosted 11/6/2012 2:24:48 AM
BTzz posted...
Illuminatia posted...
... it feels nothing like CoD... wtf.

"Oh, derpy derp, CoD has grenade indicators, now Halo's selling out, derrrrrp"

Grenade Indicators
Instant Respawns
Join In Session
Perks
Ordinances (more similar to Homefront, but still)
Loadouts
and my favorite, "Spartan Ops".

The core is Halo but everything besides that is COD.

Those all sound awesome.
#16BrostachePosted 11/6/2012 2:26:38 AM
think halo fanboys need to admit call of duty did some things well.

i personally welcome a better sense of progression into my halo MP.
#17SendenPosted 11/6/2012 2:31:57 AM(edited)
Brostache posted...
think halo fanboys need to admit call of duty did some things well.

i personally welcome a better sense of progression into my halo MP.

No, no and NO.. Better progression than the levels in Halo 2 and Halo 3? You can't beat those levels and it actually gave players something to actually work for instead of just playing for x amount of hours. Not to say what Halo 4 has isn't decent with the armor unlocks and such but calling it's certainly not a better sense of progression than trying to get level 50 on certain playlists and the actual real ingame prestige it brang instead of the rubbish cod based system.
#18Clinical666Posted 11/6/2012 3:03:03 AM
Things have to change. Borrowing ideas from one of the biggest, if not the biggest, fps franchise is just logical.

Take the best bits from one game, add them to the best bits from another game etc = one very good game.

You are looking at things through Halo Nostalgia tinted spectacles. You will probably never enjoy an online FPS as much as you did the previous iterations because they were genuinely new and fresh. Same way, I'll never enjoy an FPS as much as I did Counter-strike 1.6, although COD 4 came close.

Just enjoy the game as it is and try to take off those glasses :)
#19RanmaRanmaPosted 11/6/2012 3:07:07 AM
what about:

killcam
sprint
no friendly fire
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#20joshl94Posted 11/6/2012 3:08:48 AM
BTzz posted...
Illuminatia posted...
... it feels nothing like CoD... wtf.

"Oh, derpy derp, CoD has grenade indicators, now Halo's selling out, derrrrrp"

Grenade Indicators
Instant Respawns
Join In Session
Perks
Ordinances (more similar to Homefront, but still)
Loadouts
and my favorite, "Spartan Ops".

The core is Halo but everything besides that is COD.

Because of CoD was the first to use all of those right?