Excuse me, 343? You Call of Duty all over my Halo.

#31DuwstaiPosted 11/6/2012 3:34:48 AM
Its funny how they keep stealing little ideas from CoD, when really it wont change anything. CoD fans will never cross over to Halo as long as the kill times are so damn slow. No matter how many CoD like bells and whistles are thrown onto it.

Make kill times more like Halo 2 or hell go for Ce kill times, and thats when you start seeing CoD players start to shift over. They like fast, arcade style gameplay. Not slow and clunky with marshmellow guns.

Incidentally, thats also when Halo was at its best. H2 and CE
---
balls
#32NatedPosted 11/6/2012 3:40:34 AM
Halo 4 stole from CoD no more than CoD stole its entire lobby set up and matchmaking from Halo 2 and 3
---
I dashboard and Maka Wuhu glitch.
GT: Nated
#33DuwstaiPosted 11/6/2012 3:42:14 AM(edited)
Halo 4 stole from CoD no more than CoD stole its entire lobby set up and matchmaking from Halo 2 and 3

-Matchmaking set up which every game has copied

-Core gameplay

One is much more important than the other.

Im not on either side here, but that comparison was crap.
---
balls
#34NatedPosted 11/6/2012 3:45:02 AM
Except the core gameplay is still Halo and no one in this topic has tried to argue otherwise
---
I dashboard and Maka Wuhu glitch.
GT: Nated
#35trunksfan123Posted 11/6/2012 3:46:50 AM
Wait you can join in session games?!?! That's terrible for Halo, completely destroys any of the competitiveness or seriousness taken while playing. It's too bad Post-Halo 3 was taken over by CoD.
#36DuwstaiPosted 11/6/2012 3:51:32 AM(edited)
Except the core gameplay is still Halo and no one in this topic has tried to argue otherwise

The gameplay has changed quite a bit thanks to many CoD inspired tweaks.Which, lets face it. Were ripped directly out of CoD.

Or are you trying to deny that?

Personally I dont mind most of those CoD changes. But lets be honest here.

Changes that affect gameplay are much more important than changes to matchmaking systems. Especially when pretty much all console games use the exact same system.
---
balls
#37Alternative_1Posted 11/6/2012 3:56:41 AM
Duwstai posted...

-Matchmaking set up which every game has copied

-Core gameplay

One is much more important than the other.

Im not on either side here, but that comparison was crap.

Loadouts and whatever are not "core gameplay". Core gameplay is still Halo.

Given that CoD is hugely indebted to Halo, I don't see the problem with Halo taking some window dressing from CoD.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#38EarthBusterPosted 11/6/2012 4:00:08 AM
All FPS games stole from the original Wolfenstein 3D!
---
Everyday's great at your Junes!
#39CarCrashClutterPosted 11/6/2012 4:02:55 AM
EarthBuster posted...
All FPS games stole from the original Wolfenstein 3D!

Catacomb 3D would like a word with you.

As would a dozen other games I'd imagine.
#40Paradox421Posted 11/6/2012 4:07:50 AM
Senden posted...
Not to say what Halo 4 has isn't decent with the armor unlocks and such but calling it's certainly not a better sense of progression than trying to get level 50 on certain playlists and the actual real ingame prestige it brang instead of the rubbish cod based system.

....you did hear that they're bringing back the rank 50 system for each competitive playlist, right? They said it wouldn't be available at launch but that it will definitely be added soon.
---
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"