Excuse me, 343? You Call of Duty all over my Halo.

#41LooksLikeRainPosted 11/6/2012 5:09:07 AM
Sounds like they kept the halo MP core, and added the best past of CoD. I'm ok with that.
---
They call 'em rogues. They travel fast and alone.
#42DuwstaiPosted 11/6/2012 5:09:23 AM
Loadouts and whatever are not "core gameplay". Core gameplay is still Halo.

Given that CoD is hugely indebted to Halo, I don't see the problem with Halo taking some window dressing from CoD.

What?

All of these changes. Loadouts, armor abilties, tactical and support packages (perks), inherently affect core gameplay.

I dont see the problem with them taking some ideas from CoD either, but at least Im not trying to outright deny it.
---
balls
#43COG_KillaPosted 11/6/2012 5:11:12 AM
I admit that Halo 4 has "borrowed" from CoD, but I can't really tell if people are complaining.

It's got to be pretty hard to be original these days and not make your game, especially a sequel, crap.
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12
#44DuwstaiPosted 11/6/2012 5:13:11 AM
I admit that Halo 4 has "borrowed" from CoD, but I can't really tell if people are complaining.

It's got to be pretty hard to be original these days and not make your game, especially a sequel, crap.

To be fair, there is a lot of middle ground between completely original, and outright ripping a ton of features from another game.
---
balls
#45SimplyQuidPosted 11/6/2012 5:39:05 AM
If ANYONE complains about joining in-session games I will smack the ever loving crap out of them. Only complete ass-backwards morons liked the system in the old Halo games where if someone quit (which happened 9/10 times) you were screwed if you wanted a full team of people.
#46Net SharkPosted 11/6/2012 5:46:24 AM
Is sprint click left stick and melee click right stick? If so can you change to a tactical setup like Cod? I think I would like this then.
---
Oh look brain confetti ! Jokers in Gotham City Impostors
#47WingZero0782Posted 11/6/2012 5:49:04 AM
Wasn't Halo the Goldeneye 64 MP wise? I remember people saying it.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#48Dante200XPosted 11/6/2012 5:56:19 AM
I don't enjoy all the new editions personally. It's like WHY did they take so many of CoD's multiplayer concepts and ideas and put them into this game? Some of them simply add to the experience, but it doesn't need half of them at least....feels too similar to run-and-gun nonsense of CoD now ;(
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#49highflyer_01Posted 11/6/2012 6:07:33 AM
Wwwwaaaaahhhhhh....*ahem*...that is all.
#50CapnChlamydiaPosted 11/6/2012 6:10:51 AM
BTzz posted...
Illuminatia posted...
... it feels nothing like CoD... wtf.

"Oh, derpy derp, CoD has grenade indicators, now Halo's selling out, derrrrrp"

Grenade Indicators
Instant Respawns
Join In Session
Perks
Ordinances (more similar to Homefront, but still)
Loadouts
and my favorite, "Spartan Ops".

The core is Halo but everything besides that is COD.

Besides Join In Session, I'm totally fine with all of those. Halo fans are really starting to sound too close to hipsters for my tastes. It's almost like you all play Halo because CoD became the big shooter. But then you don't want them expanding it because then more people might start playing it. It's a good game, just be happy 343 didn't pull an RE6.