Excuse me, 343? You Call of Duty all over my Halo.

#51GrayFoX16Posted 11/6/2012 6:11:40 AM
They took the right things from CoD. It's not like they stole the gameplay or some ****. What's the issue?

All that stuff they stole from CoD is a welcome addition imo. The loadouts, "perks", nade indicators, and leveling to unlock stuff all adds more replay value to the MP.
---
GT: Mistah Smoke
P4A: Mitsuru/Akihiko
#52DoctorEggmanPosted 11/6/2012 6:13:48 AM
If you dislike it, make your own game

oh boy I love this argument
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
http://i.imgur.com/7f1Xt.jpg
#53yanksfan4247Posted 11/6/2012 6:16:21 AM(edited)
I played team slayer pro. Man that was a blast. Even though I played like crap because I was playing split screen on a POS TV. And I kept screwing up since I played default controls.

And that playlist is nothing like call of duty.
---
Drunk off PowerFAQs 1.10
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#54txbullyPosted 11/6/2012 6:17:13 AM
SimplyQuid posted...
If ANYONE complains about joining in-session games I will smack the ever loving crap out of them. Only complete ass-backwards morons liked the system in the old Halo games where if someone quit (which happened 9/10 times) you were screwed if you wanted a full team of people.

---
GT: stonefaceCal
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.
#55DuwstaiPosted 11/6/2012 6:18:07 AM
BTzz posted...
Illuminatia posted...
... it feels nothing like CoD... wtf.

"Oh, derpy derp, CoD has grenade indicators, now Halo's selling out, derrrrrp"

Grenade Indicators
Instant Respawns
Join In Session
Perks
Ordinances (more similar to Homefront, but still)
Loadouts
and my favorite, "Spartan Ops".

The core is Halo but everything besides that is COD.

Besides Join In Session, I'm totally fine with all of those. Halo fans are really starting to sound too close to hipsters for my tastes. It's almost like you all play Halo because CoD became the big shooter. But then you don't want them expanding it because then more people might start playing it. It's a good game, just be happy 343 didn't pull an RE6.

He never said any of that was bad. He was just correcting the guy that tried to mock people that point out that Halo has borrowed a lot from CoD.
---
balls
#56WingZero0782Posted 11/6/2012 6:18:10 AM
A lot of games with MP copy either BF or COD, even Transformers: Fall of Cybertron copied COD, I believe ME3 did too.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#57singhellotakuPosted 11/6/2012 6:19:54 AM
They have to do something, weve had the same 8 or so primary weapons over 7 games now, all the maps are forge made so they aren't that different from old maps, would you rather this be like the new counterstrike where its basically the exact same game?
#58BossBalla90Posted 11/6/2012 6:20:22 AM
the multiplayer is just fine to me. It would be different if ordinance was as powerful as a CoD killstreak. everything seems balanced much more than any CoD has been imo
---
XBOX GT- OGWillyBucKs , PSN- WillyBucKs
#59Net SharkPosted 11/6/2012 6:24:13 AM
Halo fan boys are worried the game will get invaded by COD players which is stupid. I know some people find it hard to believe that you could actually like both games!
---
Oh look brain confetti ! Jokers in Gotham City Impostors
#60Faust_8Posted 11/6/2012 6:31:28 AM(edited)
It's the sixth Halo game, without a change like this it would be at risk of being pretty stale. Without these CoD additions, what would be new in the actual MP match besides a few new weapons? There's new modes like Spartan Ops but that's it.

Plus, hate if you want, but CoD either outsells Halo or is pretty even. So obviously people like it. I think this is just acknowledging what people like.

I'm pretty thrilled at the news because the past Halo games I tend to get bored with after a few months. If I have some customization and rewards for doing well I think it will keep me interested longer. Before, the singleplayer was the main reason I got the game, now I might enjoy the MP equally.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...