Excuse me, 343? You Call of Duty all over my Halo.

#81patriotee9Posted 11/8/2012 12:30:43 PM
Yeah, it is like COD b/c of the reasons mentioned above.

HOWEVER... it's still better! People play COD for a lot of reasons, including the modern guns/environment, but I think COD is mainly popular b/c of its modern gameplay mechanics: instant respawns, killstreak/ordinances, realistic feel. I think most gamers would agree that these mechanics are better overall. Halo 4 just took these mechanics and applied them to their universe and gameplay style.

I also don't think Halo gameplay has changed that much as a result. 1-1 encounters still take a pretty long time compared to COD, and there is the usual grenade/vehicle strategy (along with guns of course, a lot more of them in Halo 4 btw) just as in past games. Grenades are weaker, which makes ppl focus on guns, but I don't think this or the other COD-based mechanics make this a fundamentally different experience than past Halos.
#82BBestvinPosted 11/8/2012 12:46:54 PM
I guess at the end of the day you have to ask yourself how happy you would've been having another Halo 3. We already got ODST and Reach, essentially the same MP style as Halo 3 with a few things added. Those games were generally seen by the fanbase to be failures in terms of pushing the series to new places. If you want Halo 3, I'm sure you still own it. Feel free to play it at your leisure. However, 343 wasn't going to make another Halo 3 (ODST, Reach...maybe they could've called it Halo New?) because they would've received the same feedback. They had to make changes...and to their credit, even after adding things, this is definitely still the Halo experience. Unless you want to complain about gameplay issues, maybe some balancing, graphical flaws, or something like that, stop whining.
---
LifeLongGamers - When life gets in the way of gaming. Look us up on Facebook! http://lifelonggamers.blog.com
#83LugovesPosted 11/8/2012 12:48:03 PM
Cause loadouts never existed in FPS games prior to CoD.
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti
#84Zelda_wood_elfPosted 11/8/2012 12:54:18 PM
BTzz posted...
Illuminatia posted...
... it feels nothing like CoD... wtf.

"Oh, derpy derp, CoD has grenade indicators, now Halo's selling out, derrrrrp"

Grenade Indicators
Instant Respawns
Join In Session
Perks
Ordinances (more similar to Homefront, but still)
Loadouts
and my favorite, "Spartan Ops".

The core is Halo but everything besides that is COD.

U leftout the riot shield and kill cams.
#85Uber_CobraPosted 11/8/2012 12:54:32 PM
Halochief6 posted...
I'm still enjoying it so far but I'm disappointed

you can't be both of these emotions at the same time, that's like being happy and angry.

Enjoyment and Disappointment are exact opposites.
---
"It takes a certain kind'a lunatic to use a flamethrower"
#86D3SeekerPosted 11/8/2012 1:01:03 PM
Yeah they sprinkled the COD all over the multiplayer. hopefully that's as far as they go. In all honesty what would you have put in hats totally original that MAY take off. 343 were really testing the waters, more in a two story dive come out and get ready to to all in and swim but can you really blame them?
#87DolphLundgrennnPosted 11/8/2012 1:02:03 PM
I like cod and halo. Halo 4 is hard as hell because of the 2v1s. Its obvious that halo 4 borrowed some ideas from cod since cod is the premier shooter right now.
#88tidusishiPosted 11/8/2012 1:04:59 PM
BTzz posted...
Illuminatia posted...
... it feels nothing like CoD... wtf.

"Oh, derpy derp, CoD has grenade indicators, now Halo's selling out, derrrrrp"

Grenade Indicators
Instant Respawns
Join In Session
Perks
Ordinances (more similar to Homefront, but still)
Loadouts
and my favorite, "Spartan Ops".

The core is Halo but everything besides that is COD.

CoD is successful, why not take some ideas and implement it like Halo has done. its a good way to diversify the halo multiplayer from other halos.
---
"My life for Aiur."
Hail To The Redskins!
#89Br3aking8adPosted 11/8/2012 1:05:46 PM
Halo is copying COD while COD copied Halo so they copied themselves while copying each other.

it all makes sense now. welcome to video games. It's the same as hollywood, it's all been done before except this time it's done in a new more modern-esque take and it was done in that way to meet the standards of the people who are enjoying the product. Those people may be covered in majority by 12 year olds with squeeky annoying voices and annoying personalities caused from neglect and abuse from their parents, but that's the status quo.

Then there are people who come on message boards and cry about it and the end result? no change, just eventual acceptance or abandonment of said game after they are all done ranting and raving about video games being video games.
#90WebsandWigsPosted 11/8/2012 1:56:48 PM
Completley agree