Excuse me, 343? You Call of Duty all over my Halo.

#91jdgotenPosted 11/10/2012 6:03:16 PM
I generally agree. I like the mechanics of Halo, that's why I'm playing Halo. To anyone that says it's making the game fresh, probably loves Call of Duty.

I dug the campaign, I really did.

They improved upon some of the mechanics I liked about Halo, but added in pretty much everything I hated about Call of Duty.

I believe 343 industries, didn't necessarily fail in making a "good game", but they failed to bring me what I expected of Halo when it comes to multiplayer, and is not what I enjoy.

I will be continuing to play Halo Reach online. That's my way of telling 343 industries that I preferred what Halo's multiplayer was, not the bastard infusion of Call of Duty they have with it.
---
Gamertag/PSNID: MrNobodyWTB
SteamID/OriginID: MrNobodyWTB
#92digitalwill2000Posted 11/10/2012 6:08:20 PM
Guess you can never say halo is an original game, now its just an average cod
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#93jdgotenPosted 11/10/2012 6:10:20 PM
Brostache posted...
think halo fanboys need to admit call of duty did some things well.

i personally welcome a better sense of progression into my halo MP.

Kevin_OS posted...
Brostache posted...

Brostache is right. Screw the rest of you whiners.

I don't understand this way of thinking.

Call of Duty did some things well... relative to the gamers that enjoy the game. If I wanted to play a game with the mechanics of Call of Duty, I'd play Call of Duty.

I've been playing Halo since the first one, as many have. I keep playing Halo, because I love what Halo brings to the table.

I'm not trying to say that 343 didn't make a good game, I loved the single player. But they created a different variation of multiplayer, when they made Halo 4, with themes taken from Call of Duty and I just don't like it (and I can recognize that some people do, that's just not the way I enjoy my multiplayer)

Long story short: If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd play Call of Duty.
---
Gamertag/PSNID: MrNobodyWTB
SteamID/OriginID: MrNobodyWTB
#94CharityDiaryPosted 11/10/2012 6:13:41 PM
jdgoten posted...
Brostache posted...

Kevin_OS posted...
Brostache posted...

Brostache is right. Screw the rest of you whiners.

I don't understand this way of thinking.

Call of Duty did some things well... relative to the gamers that enjoy the game. If I wanted to play a game with the mechanics of Call of Duty, I'd play Call of Duty.

I've been playing Halo since the first one, as many have. I keep playing Halo, because I love what Halo brings to the table.

I'm not trying to say that 343 didn't make a good game, I loved the single player. But they created a different variation of multiplayer, when they made Halo 4, with themes taken from Call of Duty and I just don't like it (and I can recognize that some people do, that's just not the way I enjoy my multiplayer)

Long story short: If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd play Call of Duty.

This.

So much this.

Please make 343 read this.
#95metalclashPosted 11/10/2012 6:16:58 PM
joshl94 posted...
BTzz posted...
Illuminatia posted...
... it feels nothing like CoD... wtf.

"Oh, derpy derp, CoD has grenade indicators, now Halo's selling out, derrrrrp"

Grenade Indicators
Instant Respawns
Join In Session
Perks
Ordinances (more similar to Homefront, but still)
Loadouts
and my favorite, "Spartan Ops".

The core is Halo but everything besides that is COD.

Because of CoD was the first to use all of those right?

Alright, it doesn't matter if they were the first to use them. I hate it when people say that, it's obvious some elements were taken from CoD because it is extremely successful and popular right now
---
i'm excited for customs in h4
#96The DevourerPosted 11/10/2012 6:28:16 PM
It's a welcome breath of fresh air from it being the same thing every game
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#97CharityDiaryPosted 11/10/2012 6:33:00 PM
The Devourer posted...

Call of Duty multiplayer has been around for FIVE YEARS now, and has remained unchanged throughout those five years.

How is combining 75% Call of Duty with 25% Halo considered a 'breath of fresh air'? That's like eating leftover's from last year's Thanksgiving because they taste 'sooo fresh'.
#98jpraelsterPosted 11/10/2012 6:33:49 PM
CharityDiary posted...
The Devourer posted...

Call of Duty multiplayer has been around for FIVE YEARS now, and has remained unchanged throughout those five years.

How is combining 75% Call of Duty with 25% Halo considered a 'breath of fresh air'? That's like eating leftover's from last year's Thanksgiving because they taste 'sooo fresh'.

Pretty much this
#99themagicpainmanPosted 11/10/2012 6:39:58 PM
Alright scrubs, let me give you a terrible analogy.

You're a chef who makes some damn good steak, but lately this other guy's steaks are doing better than yours. Yours are still great, but his seem to sell a bit more. Rather than be jealous and stamp your feet, you take a look at what makes his steaks so popular. You get some of the seasonings he uses and combine them with your own stuff to make your steaks better than ever.

You're still making the steak itself, you're just borrowing some ingredients from this other great chef to make your food better than ever. And in the end, the customer wins.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#100The DevourerPosted 11/10/2012 6:43:21 PM(edited)
CharityDiary posted...
The Devourer posted...

Gameplay is still Halo. But because they use elements that exist in COD suddenly it's 75% COD? Yeah, right. If that were the case then we would die in two shots as well.

Not to mention COD wasn't the first game to have loadouts or anything either. Oh no, they added some elements that exist in another game it's totally 75% that game now.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7