not sure how I feel, what do you guys think?

#1megametroidPosted 11/6/2012 4:48:32 PM
The game is good, but something is just...off about it. I'm honestly considering selling it or trading it in already, and I don't really know why :/
#2gOwCoD4Posted 11/6/2012 4:49:53 PM
You're obviously mental. I like it a lot. Campaign seems a little bit shorter than that of Halo 3, but it's still a really good game.

But, I can't change your mind if you're going to sell it back. One less person in the community I suppose.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#3EliteGuard99Posted 11/6/2012 4:50:07 PM
I feel the same man, know that you are not alone.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#4kcoin17Posted 11/6/2012 4:50:51 PM
I feel the same but I've I've only been playing for about a half hour, it feels almost clunky, or heavy if that makes any sense. I'm hoping its just rust and some time will cure it.
---
XBOX LIVE: C0IN
PSN: KOIN2
#5PharoahPelicanPosted 11/6/2012 4:51:26 PM
You're probably just looking for things to fault it on. Try looking for things to praise it on.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#6xxBloodBathxxPosted 11/6/2012 4:52:50 PM
kcoin17 posted...
I feel the same but I've I've only been playing for about a half hour, it feels almost clunky, or heavy if that makes any sense. I'm hoping its just rust and some time will cure it.

Hmmm it seems odd to me that you feel this way. I feel completely the opposite, in that the player movement feels much lighter than that of any other Halo game.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#7EliteGuard99Posted 11/6/2012 4:53:06 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
You're probably just looking for things to fault it on. Try looking for things to praise it on.

I will try this, but the list is getting very short...........
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#8TurtlebreadPosted 11/6/2012 4:53:37 PM
PharoahPelican posted...

I agree with this. A lot of the time it's your mentality that stops you from enjoying something.
#9megametroid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 4:55:29 PM
I don't know what it is, maybe I just set my expectations too high for games these days. I know Reach got a lot of hate, but I INSTANTLY loved that game and thought it felt incredibly fun and satisfying to play. I guess I feel kind of cheated because of the stellar reviews this game got.

I've seen others complain about it, but honestly the physics are one of the main things bothering me, especially in multiplayer. The game feels very loose and "slippery" to me. I've also gotta say that the killcams, ordnance drops, and loadouts are getting to me, even though I didn't think they would. The pacing just feels too fast for a Halo game; too frantic. I might take a break from it for a few days and see how I feel then, otherwise maybe I can convince a friend to buy it off me...
#10disneyanime91Posted 11/6/2012 4:58:33 PM(edited)
Personally, I feel it's the best Halo to date. 343i has surpassed Bungie in my eyes, delivering solid storytelling and an exciting gameplay experience in the campaign, alongside an engaging competitive multiplayer component that will keep me coming back for more.

In addition, I think Spartan Ops is a great idea: it's essentially taking the same, age-old concept of the standard 'weekly TV show' and putting it into video game form - an interesting way to deliver a story and keep the audience engaged for longer than just 'to the end of the campaign'.

All in all, I only have one problem: 343i will have A LOT of high expectations to live up to for Halo 5.