not sure how I feel, what do you guys think?

#11KamickasPosted 11/6/2012 5:00:13 PM
I know what you mean. I like the game, and i'm having fun...but some decisions were just god-awful on 343's part.

My love for Halo, originally, stemmed from the fact that it was easily accessible whether I played frequently or not. I wasn't at a major disadvantage just because I may have been a lower rank than someone. No, I could join a match as a rank 1 and be on an even playing field as someone max-ranked. I can't do that anymore. People who are higher ranked then have gameplay advantages over those who are not. This is bad multiplayer design, in my opinion. I'm fine with the loadouts and such...so long as I do not have to rank up to use what I want.

So, while I'm having fun, and enjoy it as a game...it's just not quite what it could be for a Halo game in my opinion.

...and where the hell is the hornet/falcon? They keep the banshee, but don't give the humans aircraft?
#12weezergabePosted 11/6/2012 5:03:51 PM
I feel the same way. It just somehow feels different but I cant quite put my finger on it.

Not an ounce of original thought was put into the new MP changes.

The "points" system (This really kills me)
Killstreaks,
Ordinance drop
killcams
Instant spawn
The Domination style playlist

Also the buttons (recon) keep messing with me. X to run is not as easy to turn and run
#13weezergabePosted 11/6/2012 5:06:19 PM
megametroid posted...
I don't know what it is, maybe I just set my expectations too high for games these days. I know Reach got a lot of hate, but I INSTANTLY loved that game and thought it felt incredibly fun and satisfying to play. I guess I feel kind of cheated because of the stellar reviews this game got.

I've seen others complain about it, but honestly the physics are one of the main things bothering me, especially in multiplayer. The game feels very loose and "slippery" to me. I've also gotta say that the killcams, ordnance drops, and loadouts are getting to me, even though I didn't think they would. The pacing just feels too fast for a Halo game; too frantic. I might take a break from it for a few days and see how I feel then, otherwise maybe I can convince a friend to buy it off me...

Exactly my thoughts. Every other Halo game I instantly loved and was awesome at it immediately.
#14Stryker71Posted 11/6/2012 5:06:48 PM
I beg to differ.

I love the multiplayer, the unlocks through ranks give multiplayer more of a sense of progression and feels more rewarding, for someone like me it's perfect.

I know there are people out there that prefer everything to be available at the start, but I like having to unlock things and have something cool to look forward to.
---
3DS FC: 5327-0898-8218
"I used to be ballin but now I'm Bill Gatin"
#15weezergabePosted 11/6/2012 5:08:11 PM
Kamickas posted...
I know what you mean. I like the game, and i'm having fun...but some decisions were just god-awful on 343's part.

My love for Halo, originally, stemmed from the fact that it was easily accessible whether I played frequently or not. I wasn't at a major disadvantage just because I may have been a lower rank than someone. No, I could join a match as a rank 1 and be on an even playing field as someone max-ranked. I can't do that anymore. People who are higher ranked then have gameplay advantages over those who are not. This is bad multiplayer design, in my opinion. I'm fine with the loadouts and such...so long as I do not have to rank up to use what I want.

So, while I'm having fun, and enjoy it as a game...it's just not quite what it could be for a Halo game in my opinion.

...and where the hell is the hornet/falcon? They keep the banshee, but don't give the humans aircraft?

Im with you man
#16lafoftophPosted 11/6/2012 5:11:53 PM
Interesting how people's opinions differ on the player movement "feel" of the game and such. I find it the gameplay to be pretty crisp, more like the Modern Warfare series than past Halo games. It feels tighter.

But part of me does miss the kind of fun, totally unreal feel of past Halo games. I guess they'll always be there if people want to go back and play them.
#17solidmaximusPosted 11/6/2012 5:15:24 PM
I haven't gotten very far in the campaign but I absolutely love the multiplayer. Some people are already really good but I think the multiplayer works extremely well
---
Breathing in lightning, tonight's for fighting.
Go Duke!
#18EcotronPosted 11/6/2012 5:17:28 PM
I'm also not really liking it either tbh. I'm going to force myself to keep playing though since when I first played Halo 3 I didn't like it either, but it grew on me.
#19godslayer61Posted 11/6/2012 5:19:19 PM
I gave up on my 360 and went back to my ps3 but i can say halo brought me back to the light,well just for a while cause i love both systems.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975
#20SnowValuePosted 11/6/2012 5:33:38 PM(edited)
The multiplayer is a mix bag for me.

The progression system is just stupid.

I don't need a pat on the back every half hour. Just give me all the loadouts from the get go :(

Ordinance is ok but I feel it just leads to more random gameplay like COD. Slayer Pro nerfs this, so no big deal once everyone stops picking the first choice playlist.

Maps seem good for MP but game modes are lacking (this may be due to server issues?)

Overall I just hate the fact the game is trying to be COD. This may change after I get used to settings more.

Single player is awesome, looks good, great storey and really tight gameplay on heroic and legendary. Yes it's a little short but whatever.