This game is a literal embarrassment to females.

#1GujinKamiPosted 11/7/2012 4:10:57 AM
I don't mind players being reported and whatnot for bullying, but when you can get banned for trash talking someone of the opposite gender, I feel that's just being childish, what with women wanting equal rights, followed by supporting something like this. I mean, the fact that you can get banned because a woman was in a bad mood and felt like reporting you, that's outright disgusting.

Anyone else feel this way? I don't normally frequent FPS boards, so Iunno if this has been discussed or not.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif
#2DuwstaiPosted 11/7/2012 4:13:53 AM
Yes.

Trash talk should be equal across the board. Everyone gets trash talked, but the second a woman is on the other side of it... oh man! Instant ban!

Thats not equal rights, thats preferential treatment.

It basically sends a message that women are too weak to even deal with typical trash talk, and need to be protected more than men.
---
balls
#3RKO_ViperPosted 11/7/2012 4:18:30 AM
This for real? You can get banned for trash talking a girl?

WOW 0_0
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#4CruorComaPosted 11/7/2012 4:18:43 AM
Duwstai posted...
Yes.

Trash talk should be equal across the board. Everyone gets trash talked, but the second a woman is on the other side of it... oh man! Instant ban!

Thats not equal rights, thats preferential treatment.

It basically sends a message that women are too weak to even deal with typical trash talk, and need to be protected more than men.

I agree with this premise. However, rather than ease up on punishing sexist talk, I think the severity of punishment for any kind of crap should increase. I think people should be banned for acting like morons, whether it be sexist, racist or otherwise. Talk about free speech all you like, but there's a time and place for everything. If you act like a tool in a bar, you're kicked out by security. If you act like a tool in a library, the cops are called. In most social situations people are discouraged from acting jackasses because the repercussions from peers are often dire. The online space shouldn't be a place where people are given a free pass to act out their suppressed machismo's. There are repercussions and consequences in the real world and I expect the same to apply in the online space.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#5GGearXPosted 11/7/2012 4:19:46 AM
While I agree on your stance TC my friend just went to game chat a few hours ago and s*** talked the entire game. With a loud voice. Those who cursed at her got reported lol. It's so funny. It's nice having the upper hand.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#6WTF_LOOK_UPPosted 11/7/2012 4:25:13 AM
I thought you were gonna say how Cortana going into rampancy is really portraying a whiny b****y women, standard fare if you've been with your girl for a while, the point were your so comfortable with each other she feels its ok to treat you like crap when shes not copacetic :], i say that with the most love for my girlfriend I do, but damn. just PMS B****
---
Ago Intus Vita
#7Demoskinos85Posted 11/7/2012 4:34:22 AM
Here is a thought don't be a dick to anyone and your safe. Ta-Da! Amazing how that works right?
---
They thought they could kill me... Keep me out... but they were wrong DEAD wrong!
#8Solid_Acid12Posted 11/7/2012 4:35:03 AM
Go back to lol.
---
I'm the bad guy? When did this happen?
#9jpraelsterPosted 11/7/2012 4:36:30 AM
Demoskinos85 posted...
Here is a thought don't be a dick to anyone and your safe. Ta-Da! Amazing how that works right?

We should be allowed to rage in video games bungie wouldnt ban people for this stuff
#10WebsandWigsPosted 11/7/2012 4:41:36 AM
As soon as a girl arrives just kick her from the room, problem solved