This game is a literal embarrassment to females.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. This game is a literal embarrassment to females.

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
4 years ago#1
I don't mind players being reported and whatnot for bullying, but when you can get banned for trash talking someone of the opposite gender, I feel that's just being childish, what with women wanting equal rights, followed by supporting something like this. I mean, the fact that you can get banned because a woman was in a bad mood and felt like reporting you, that's outright disgusting.

Anyone else feel this way? I don't normally frequent FPS boards, so Iunno if this has been discussed or not.
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif

User Info: Duwstai

Duwstai
4 years ago#2
Yes.

Trash talk should be equal across the board. Everyone gets trash talked, but the second a woman is on the other side of it... oh man! Instant ban!

Thats not equal rights, thats preferential treatment.

It basically sends a message that women are too weak to even deal with typical trash talk, and need to be protected more than men.
balls

User Info: RKO_Viper

RKO_Viper
4 years ago#3
This for real? You can get banned for trash talking a girl?

WOW 0_0
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: CruorComa

CruorComa
4 years ago#4
Duwstai posted...
Yes.

Trash talk should be equal across the board. Everyone gets trash talked, but the second a woman is on the other side of it... oh man! Instant ban!

Thats not equal rights, thats preferential treatment.

It basically sends a message that women are too weak to even deal with typical trash talk, and need to be protected more than men.

I agree with this premise. However, rather than ease up on punishing sexist talk, I think the severity of punishment for any kind of crap should increase. I think people should be banned for acting like morons, whether it be sexist, racist or otherwise. Talk about free speech all you like, but there's a time and place for everything. If you act like a tool in a bar, you're kicked out by security. If you act like a tool in a library, the cops are called. In most social situations people are discouraged from acting jackasses because the repercussions from peers are often dire. The online space shouldn't be a place where people are given a free pass to act out their suppressed machismo's. There are repercussions and consequences in the real world and I expect the same to apply in the online space.
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?

User Info: GGearX

GGearX
4 years ago#5
While I agree on your stance TC my friend just went to game chat a few hours ago and s*** talked the entire game. With a loud voice. Those who cursed at her got reported lol. It's so funny. It's nice having the upper hand.
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!

User Info: WTF_LOOK_UP

WTF_LOOK_UP
4 years ago#6
I thought you were gonna say how Cortana going into rampancy is really portraying a whiny b****y women, standard fare if you've been with your girl for a while, the point were your so comfortable with each other she feels its ok to treat you like crap when shes not copacetic :], i say that with the most love for my girlfriend I do, but damn. just PMS B****
Ago Intus Vita

User Info: Demoskinos85

Demoskinos85
4 years ago#7
Here is a thought don't be a dick to anyone and your safe. Ta-Da! Amazing how that works right?
They thought they could kill me... Keep me out... but they were wrong DEAD wrong!

User Info: Solid_Acid12

Solid_Acid12
4 years ago#8
Go back to lol.
I'm the bad guy? When did this happen?

User Info: jpraelster

jpraelster
4 years ago#9
Demoskinos85 posted...
Here is a thought don't be a dick to anyone and your safe. Ta-Da! Amazing how that works right?

We should be allowed to rage in video games bungie wouldnt ban people for this stuff

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
4 years ago#10
As soon as a girl arrives just kick her from the room, problem solved
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. This game is a literal embarrassment to females.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived