Why Halo 4's multiplayer is the WORST yet

#181ryanxdaveyPosted 11/8/2012 8:55:32 AM
At least have legit gripes, IE the flag is a touch pickup now, they took out a gun you liked, etc. Complaining that grenades are no longer OP and a minor quirk about unlocking which doesn't affect gameplay carries no weight.
#182gucciburrrPosted 11/8/2012 8:58:38 AM
Disagree. It's alot better than Reach. It's no where near the masterpiece that is BO2 (yea I have an advanced copy) but its a decent little mp component to last the next few days until the king of FPS releases its new installment.
#183ih0tfireiPosted 11/8/2012 9:02:20 AM
CharityDiary posted...

1) Loadouts segregate player base and negate player skill.

2) Grenades are nerfed

3) Skill is nerfed

4) Vehicles are nerfed

5) Ordnance system promotes camping

6) Armor choices are ridiculous

7) Unlock system is ridiculous

1) Not true at all. The loadouts are supposed to be used and switched on the fly to handle any situation you might encounter. If you got caught by a AR user at close range while carrying a DMR that's your fault. You made a poor decision. If your gun is better at a certain distance stick to that distance

2) The radius is nerfed but the damage is still there. I actually like it more this way since its much harder to land perfect nades(more skillful to lower shields)

3) Same as 1. It's actually more skillful since the player now has to adapt on the fly to range and armor abilities. There's guys camped in a room? Hardlight shield with your team behind you. Guys controlling top of complex? Holograms and switch to DMR.

4) vehicles are actually much stronger in this game. They might feel nerfed but that's because power weapons are much stronger. I plasma shot a warthog and stuck 2 plasma nades on it and everyone on that warthog lived. Like wise I shot a banshee out of the air with 2 sniper shots.

5) No it doesn't people camp strategic map spots in this game just like they have in other halo games. At least in this game the armor abilities allow players some chance at retaking said spots.

6) Im not gonna argue with this since I only use the chiefs armor. I could care less about the other choices.

7) You just screwed up. Most of the better unlocks are easily bought early game. Everything IMO is also balanced very well so that players with fewer unlocks are not destroyed by players who have played more.
---
360 tag- I Hotfire I
Member of clan "La Li Lu Le Lo"
#184Nacht004Posted 11/8/2012 9:28:06 AM
That1Guyy posted...
Picking the right weapon isn't a skill. You can't choose what weapon the other player will spawn with. Therefore, if the guns are different enough to offer concrete advantages over their counterparts, the player that chose the better gun win invariably win if the two are of equal skill.

That would be like saying that picking the right hand in rock, paper, scissors is a skill.

That could be argued. While you can't pick your opponents weapon of course, there is a certain amount of prediction you can run with. Not to mention, being able to change load outs after death can help rectify this issue. On top of that, understanding map layouts and movement patterns can enrich your choice of loadout for yourself since you can play to specific patterns and distance yourself appropriately with the proper weapon. It's still a game of thinking in that sense. Also while guns do have distinct advantages they also offer disadvantages. Bring an AR into a wide open map and expect to get pained. Bring a DMR to a narrow hallway and expect the AR to rip you to shreds. BR represents a balance point to the mid-range for them, and the Light RIfle and Covvy Carbine offer interesting niches between them (where the Light rifle performs better at distances and packs a bit more power than the DMR, but isn't as precise, and the Carbine packs less damage than the BR but is much more rapid fire).

One can argue that rock paper scissors predictions is actually not all guessing. If it was with a computer who uses an algorithm to only randomly choose 1 of the 3 at any point then yes, its a 33% chance that only random chance would win, but people have patterns, predictability, psychological impasses that cause them to choose to do certain things in certain ways. Just have to learn how to cope with that.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#185Makaveli330Posted 11/8/2012 9:28:10 AM
I agree with tc
---
---
" you got me sweating like a fat girl running for miles"
#186ARsignal11Posted 11/8/2012 9:42:30 AM
Here's my problem with TC:

TC has not responded to any of the replies that actually addressed his initial post in detail. All of the legitimate arguments against what TC said (to my knowledge as I went through every page of this topic) have been ignored and not replied to by the TC. If you're going to post criticisms about the game and ask people for their opinions or whatever, it's looks pretty embarrassing on your part not to reply those who give you an honest reply because it seems you don't have a rebuttal to their comments.

That's why I don't take TC seriously.
#187Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/8/2012 9:44:04 AM
That1Guyy posted...
Picking the right weapon isn't a skill. You can't choose what weapon the other player will spawn with. Therefore, if the guns are different enough to offer concrete advantages over their counterparts, the player that chose the better gun win invariably win if the two are of equal skill.

That would be like saying that picking the right hand in rock, paper, scissors is a skill.

That could be argued. While you can't pick your opponents weapon of course, there is a certain amount of prediction you can run with. Not to mention, being able to change load outs after death can help rectify this issue. On top of that, understanding map layouts and movement patterns can enrich your choice of loadout for yourself since you can play to specific patterns and distance yourself appropriately with the proper weapon. It's still a game of thinking in that sense. Also while guns do have distinct advantages they also offer disadvantages. Bring an AR into a wide open map and expect to get pained. Bring a DMR to a narrow hallway and expect the AR to rip you to shreds. BR represents a balance point to the mid-range for them, and the Light RIfle and Covvy Carbine offer interesting niches between them (where the Light rifle performs better at distances and packs a bit more power than the DMR, but isn't as precise, and the Carbine packs less damage than the BR but is much more rapid fire).

One can argue that rock paper scissors predictions is actually not all guessing. If it was with a computer who uses an algorithm to only randomly choose 1 of the 3 at any point then yes, its a 33% chance that only random chance would win, but people have patterns, predictability, psychological impasses that cause them to choose to do certain things in certain ways. Just have to learn how to cope with that.

Shutup awful player.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#188travnuttsPosted 11/8/2012 10:15:58 AM(edited)
The COD hate runs so deep with some people, it completely clouds their judgement sometimes

Let me ask you COD haters, does that game do ANYTHING well? Fine, you don't like how it plays and probably hate the kill streak rewards, but is the customability factor all that bad? A lot games use a form of loadouts, perks and XP progression that unlocks things. There is a reason for that, people like it. It adds to a games addictiveness and longevity. So of course game makers are going to look to include it.

Hell, many Halo fans have been looking for it for a while now. It was a big, "if only". If only Halo had some form of that, it would be even better. Well they finally did it, and they did it RIGHT. It's a good formula and It had to start somewhere, just so happens it started with COD. Doesn't mean you have to search for reasons to hate it to death

Halo is still Halo. It plays NOTHING like COD or most any other FPS. They gave us the game we love, with a bunch of cool new options and you guys are crying like spoiled elitist brats, because they dared to not make Halo 2 or 3 all over again

Give it a rest
#189aPimp_named_leEPosted 11/8/2012 10:11:03 AM
travnutts posted...
The COD hate runs so deep with some people, it completely clouds their judgement sometimes

Let me ask you COD haters, does that game do ANYTHING well? Fine, you don't like how it plays and probably hate the kill streak rewards, but is the customability factor all that bad? A lot games use a form of loadouts, perks and XP progression that unlocks things. There is a reason for that, people like it. It adds to a games addictiveness and longevity. So of course game makers are going to look to included it.

Hell, many Halo fans have been looking for it for a while now. It was a big, "if only". If only Halo had some form of that, it would be even better. Well they finally did it, and they did it RIGHT. It's a good formula and It had to start somewhere, just so happens it started with COD. Doesn't mean you have to search for reasons to hate it to death

Halo is still Halo. It plays NOTHING like COD or most any other FPS. They gave us the game we love, with a bunch of cool new options and you guys are crying like spoiled elitist brats, because they dared to not make Halo 2 or 3 all over again

Give it a rest

people scream bloody murder about COD, but they still buy it. people love trolling or going with the crowd to make them sound cool and resistant against the mainstream social gamers with no taste in real video games. one thing i have learned is that people love two things here. 1) Complaining about anything and everything. 2) Their ego. there is no use trying to convince someone if they are delusional.
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
#190travnuttsPosted 11/8/2012 10:22:47 AM(edited)
aPimp_named_leE posted...
travnutts posted...

Let me ask you COD haters, does that game do ANYTHING well? Fine, you don't like how it plays and probably hate the kill streak rewards, but is the customability factor all that bad? A lot games use a form of loadouts, perks and XP progression that unlocks things. There is a reason for that, people like it. It adds to a games addictiveness and longevity. So of course game makers are going to look to included it.

Give it a rest

people scream bloody murder about COD, but they still buy it. people love trolling or going with the crowd to make them sound cool and resistant against the mainstream social gamers with no taste in real video games. one thing i have learned is that people love two things here. 1) Complaining about anything and everything. 2) Their ego. there is no use trying to convince someone if they are delusional.

I wouldn't say "they still buy it." Some that complain about it might, but I believe a good amount of the COD Haters, stopped playing them a while ago. Which is fine. I don't have an issue with someone not liking COD. That would be ridiculous

My issue is with how if anything can be traced back to COD it drives people nuts. It's the most popular FPS franchise in the world. They must be doing SOMETHING right. So if a game like Halo wants to borrow a couple of the better aspects from it, without changing the way the game plays, fine. Better than fine....GREAT

If you disagree that's one thing. But have a better reason than, "they're trying to be COD"