Why Halo 4's multiplayer is the WORST yet

#2111337YODA1337Posted 11/10/2012 5:58:39 PM
Hmm... you can win Long Range, Mid Range, and Short Range battles with the BR vs DMR / BR / Carbine, if you are good enough with the BR. But then again you say this game isn't about skill, so that can't make any sense....
#212The DevourerPosted 11/10/2012 6:00:57 PM
All anyone has to do is read the fact you think choosing abilities and stuff removes how much of an impact skill has to know that this is just another "I hate change, I hate Halo 4" threads.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#213BiohazzardDudePosted 11/10/2012 6:09:23 PM
kinda agree with everything you said, I am still enjoying the gameplay though, yes it is different and does steal a few things from call of duty, but it is fun to play, and I have to say vehicles are not as bad as you are making them out to be, I ran train in a ghost just now, just gotta keep moving while in vehicles
---
"If he dies, he dies" gt- TURBO S2K
#214Macdaddyruss1Posted 11/11/2012 9:04:21 AM
I've been a fan of the Halo franchise since the first game was released in 2001
---
Currently awaiting Black Opsfare 3
#215xxBloodBathxxPosted 11/11/2012 9:20:18 AM
TC, if you are still reading posts at this point, I will give you an actual critique of what I think of your post, going through your points.

1) I disagree with this. While I was originally not a huge fan of loadouts, they did a pretty good job of making them such that you can't exactly min/max player skills. As long as you pick a good rifle to start with, you are on a pretty much even playing field with everyone else.

2) I agree with the fact that grenades are nerfed, but it is MUCH MUCH better than the mini nukes that were in Halo Reach. I like the fact that you actually have to aim your nades instead of just spamming them. And there are plenty of two-pieces to be had if you are accurate.

3) DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY disagree here. Skill level necessity is at an all time high in this game. And if you lose battles at any range because you have the DMR, assuming that the enemy doesn't have a really good power weapon at its appropriate range, then the problem is with you.

4) Agree that the ghost is not as good as it used to be, but I don't know that this is a bad thing. Disagree with the warthog not being good. Banshee is as resilient as it should be here.

5) 50/50 here for me. I don't really see all that much camping in this game, but I have seen what you are talking about on Complex (a map which IMO is totally unfit for 4v4 team slayer).

6) Reach armor looked better than Halo 4 armor. I don't care one iota about armor selection, but to people who do care, I understand this complaint.

7) How do you get to SR15 and buy only 1 rifle? I remember buying my 2nd rifle after my 2nd overall game. That said, it is very stupid that they show you all of these new unlocks with stars that you cannot use yet.

Summary = Your major gripes seem to be based off of the fact that you are not performing well. Practice a little bit, get better at the game, then come back with a more well-composed opinion.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#216MisguidedPiratePosted 11/11/2012 9:37:15 AM
CharityDiary posted...
1) Loadouts segregate player base and negate player skill

Having specific weapons and abilities to choose from makes the game less about skill, and more about which weapons and abilities you've chosen. I end up winning or losing battles NOT because I'm better than my opponent, but because I chose a gun that performed better at that range.

3) Skill is nerfed

Most of the battles in this game are not decided by player skill. I lose mid-range battles because I choose the DMR, or I lose long-range battles because I choose the Covenant Carbine. I often find that it makes no difference how amazing my accuracy is, or how disorienting my strafe is; the person with the better gun or faster bullet registration will always win the fight.

Just thought I'd point out, for a start, that you pretty much made the same point twice there.

And second... I disagree. I don't see loadouts as negating skill in the slightest. Part of player skill is picking your battles, forcing your enemy to engage you in situations that work to your favor, using your weapon how and where it is meant to be used - simply put, if you are knowingly engaging an enemy at a range where your weapon has the disadvantage, you are not being skillful.
---
XBL : Crossbit
#217YOeastonYOPosted 11/11/2012 9:40:38 AM
hardfugoo posted...
To be honest, it just sounds like you plain ol' suck.

We have another winner! That epeen!
#218ILikeTechnoPosted 11/11/2012 9:41:00 AM
youre just a bk. halo doesnt need you.
#219maximoPosted 11/11/2012 12:28:57 PM
I have spent quite a bit of energy complaining about this game, specifically the MP.

Since then I have spent more time with it and have to say that I was wrong.

Anyone here complaining about this game maybe hasn't given it the chance it deserves.

After spending considerably more time playing I have to say that it is a complete blast I absolutely love it.

One word: Supressor :)
#220VectorChaosPosted 11/11/2012 12:34:01 PM
Lmao TC is bad at Halo.

Rage moar. Your tears are delicious.
---
PSN: VectorChaos || WTF || XBL: Vector Chaos
I'm the best there is, plain and simple, I mean I wake up in the mornin' and I piss excellence.